I can't believe some players are whining about Lovie still..

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
agreed. trestman is growing on me as a coach from what I've read today. yeah, it's premature, but the way he broke down what they were trying to accomplish in practice in the post-practice pressers was so much more specific, even regarding the D, than Lovie's "Jesus take the wheel" approach
I don't know much about Trestman other than what I've read since his hire. I just like the idea of the Bears having that genius type HC.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
time will tell but I'm fine with weighting towards O for once

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ive seen a few reports now describe Long's attitude as nasty. One video from rookie mini camp showed him finishing off a defender who he had already knocked down.

Whats that mean? Maybe nothing but I like it. Combine his athletic ability and a "kill not be killed" attitude my opinion is that they will coach him up to be a pretty good player.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
These fuckin bums should have stopped choking then if they wanted Lovie to stay. They knew the deal. They choked, they lost, Lovie paid. Now get over it or your ass is gone next, that's the deal. Thats where Bears nation is at these days.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ive seen a few reports now describe Long's attitude as nasty. One video from rookie mini camp showed him finishing off a defender who he had already knocked down.

Whats that mean? Maybe nothing but I like it. Combine his athletic ability and a "kill not be killed" attitude my opinion is that they will coach him up to be a pretty good player.

Definitely. The thing I took from his attitude in the interview was that he was very aware of his technique needing a lot of work before he's ready for starting in the NFL.

Which is a good thing. If you can add "cares about the details" to the qualities you mentioned, that has the makings of an exciting prospect.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He has a lot of catching up to do. I'm gunshy because I had high hopes for carimi

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
He has a lot of catching up to do. I'm gunshy because I had high hopes for carimi

Yeah, me too. He was my favorite tackle in that draft class, shows what I know.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Did Angelo ever have the opportunity to get a Brandon Marshall and pass it up? People act like Emery is some freekin god for making that trade. 25 GM's would have made that trade. The only reason 24 of them didn't was because they didn't have Jay Cutler on their team and never had a chance.

Oh, BS.

Had Marshall gone to some other team, nobody would have thought much of it. But Emery made the trade and seized the opportunity. It's not like Miami was calling only the Bears and insisting on the trade, and therefore any man being Bears GM would have made the same trade.

Angelo never acquired a WR. Emery immediately acquired a WR. Period.

I don't say Emery is a god. I just credit him for the move he actually made. No hypotheticals.

StrongerThanAll

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Describing the defender as the "defender" should say it all. Brown owned shea all camp last year, and was better than webb all season. LOL i;m still shocked at the Stockholm syndrome you guys have on webb. Long will be a bust along with every fucking person i've said in the past 4 damn years.

4 months ago you all were saying gabe is going to break out. I am no guru but obvious is obvious. Instead of some bs post spend 20 min or so out of life watching his games.

He is a bigger reach than shae

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Definitely. The thing I took from his attitude in the interview was that he was very aware of his technique needing a lot of work before he's ready for starting in the NFL.

Which is a good thing. If you can add "cares about the details" to the qualities you mentioned, that has the makings of an exciting prospect.

Agree. I prefer a guy who always looks at his weaknesses and tries to work on them, rather than some guy feeling "entitled' due to his draft position.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
And this is how the hype machine gets started. I am going to give it more than a day.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
These guys had 2-3 seasons to save Lovie's job and they went 7-1 and then 3-5 last year when it was really on the line.

I am excited about a guy who Sean Payton reached out to when he was putting his offense together for the Saints and a guy he invites to camp every year to give him observations and notes.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Yeah, me too. He was my favorite tackle in that draft class, shows what I know.
carimis knee screwed him, n I'll continue to believe that. He was also my favorite Ot in draft. I love Pae. Still tho

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Oh no. I do not have a high opinion of Emery at all yet. I do not like his "project" 1st round picks the past two years. I am taking a wait and see approach with him and Trestman. Could be the offensive explosion that many Bears fans have always wanted, or it could all blow up in our face....

And with all these single year contracts, I honestly have no clue on the direction the team is going. We don't even know if the supposed "franchise quarterback" will even be back next year....

BEARS

I thought the way the team has been run since Emery was hired has made the direction of the team fairly obvious: if the O coaching/upgrades can't push us over the top this year - or at least make a solid statement concerning our chances next season - we will enter full-on rebuilding mode (thus all the short signings/no extensions for players during this season).

Emery seems to hold the view that the primary attributes you look for in a draftee are top-end physicality and the willingness to take instruction. You obviously can't teach the outrageous physical tools some of these guys have (see both of Emery's first round picks [and some of the later picks for that matter]). So what does he do? He hires a HC that is known specifically for his ability to instruct...he hires a fucking professor basically.

The philosophy of the new Bears is thus: bring in the most physically talented players you can, then teach them what their previous coaches either neglected, or failed, to teach.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Agreed. A DC is exactly what he should be.

Or at least if you're a HC that knows defense turnover the reigns to a good OC that will take care of that side of the ball. The opposite of the Ditka/Ryan era where Ditka had no say over Ryan's defense. And in Lovie's case he should have let the OC hire is own staff for the love of God.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lovie could not get a decent OC with our drafting history under JA. Bad drafting and shitty OC's both aren't only because of the horrible job JA did drafting. Quit blaming Lovie for things brought on by JA. How many OC's turned us down and why????
What a load. Jay Cutler, Marshall, Joines, Benson, Olsen, Carimi, MM. The O was not ignored by JA and in Lovies last year by Emery. Emery came in late and relied a lot on his coaches needs last year. Maybe Tice thought he was set but maybe, just maybe Lovie could have had a better clue about what an O needs. If he didn't, he should be a Coordinator and not head coach. Coaches tend to have a specialty but aren't as oblivious to the other side of the ball. If they are, they shouldn't be in control of hiring the OC or have much say on draft day.

The O just couldn't get coordinated. Lovies coaches couldn't develop an Oline, WRs or O in general and Lovie did have a strong say on draft day. One reason that he's gone was the power structure written into his contract. Ties the hand of the GM you want to blame for everything. I'm not defending JA either. It was team work. Lovie also hung his coaches and buddy GM out to dry when the pressure was on.

proton

Liked Posts:
Unreal. Front page of the Suntimes today was that it's Trestman's team but the loyalty still sides with Lovie; some of the players saying others haven't bought into Trestman yet, some saying they still miss Lovie.

I'm sorry, but is anyone else getting REALLY REALLY tired of that talk? I mean, it's not like Lovie has taken the Bears to the promised land numerous times and has lead the team to the playoffs year after year. The Bears haven't made the playoffs in the past 5/6 years, yet the defense is still whining about Lovie? My mind is just blown, if I was Trestman I'd be fed up with their little baby tantrums about Lovie n have a talk with them. Anyone else tired of it? It's just annoying and in my opinions very disrespectful to Trestman and what he is bringing to the table.

It's early. The players who don't buy in will be gone in due time. That's the way it works in every business.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Oh no. I do not have a high opinion of Emery at all yet. I do not like his "project" 1st round picks the past two years. I am taking a wait and see approach with him and Trestman. Could be the offensive explosion that many Bears fans have always wanted, or it could all blow up in our face....

And with all these single year contracts, I honestly have no clue on the direction the team is going. We don't even know if the supposed "franchise quarterback" will even be back next year....

BEARS

Shocking that you don't like Emery after he fired your lover-boy.

I've tried to explain to to people on here over and over where the real problem was(as been proven), but some people are so adamant in their Lovie-hate that it's pointless now....

And ONCE AGAIN, no mention from anyone about Angelo.....

BEARS

It's funny how you blame people for being so adamant in their lovie hate when you the polar opposite of them. You are so blind in your Lovie-love that you refuse to look at his tenure through any sort of non-rose-colored glasses.