I have a feeling the Bears will unload A Rob by the trade deadline

mecha

Liked Posts:
I think that’s just today’s NFL. Lately you see these huge deals for upper-tier talent and less and less mid-tier players getting multi-year contracts.

to the OP i don’t see him traded. They should have extended him first, IMO.

I would think if the FAs were mid-tiered the Chicago Bears would be a lot better. I don't think you can pin the defense's problems exclusively on Eddie Goldman being out and Trevathan being old. I'm thankful people can shut the fuck up about Mack this season at least. but now Fuller and Jackson are back to being overrated. and that's just the defense. the patchwork shit going on with the offense is intriguing.

I think a portion of CCS are just a bunch of reactionary emo kids. they probably all dress the same too.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I rather pay golladay in free agency if we throwing 20 mil at a wr

No way in hell Golladay comes to the Bears. Yes he is worth every penny, but you need a QB with some semblance of accuracy to use him right.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
No way in hell Golladay comes to the Bears. Yes he is worth every penny, but you need a QB with some semblance of accuracy to use him right.

You don’t need to send me highlights. Keep those for yourself so you can keep reliving what your team is going to miss out on when he leaves lol. I wouldn’t even spend it on him I said if we are throwing 20 mil at a wr I would take golladay over ar. And he would consider EVERY team that will open the check book to him even the loser ass team he’s been on for 4 years

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Amazing what one bad loss produces. I doubt the Bear will even consider any drastic measures until after the Vikings game if we lose that one and 2 others before. Obviously, that won't include trades.

Last edited:

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
I think it is debatable that Robinson is more valuable to this team then Mack. Mack would also have the most value in a trade. Robinson you would be lucky to get a 3rd pick for most likely a 5th.

At least you get a pick for a guy that isn't worth the money he thinks he's worth. We can debate how good ARob is all day long. The point is why pay a guy that much money when he can be replaced on a team that has far bigger issues? By the time this team is even good enough to get him the ball, he will be "old" and not producing for the money he is being paid. ARob doesn't scare good defenses anyway.

msadows

Liked Posts:
At least you get a pick for a guy that isn't worth the money he thinks he's worth. We can debate how good ARob is all day long. The point is why pay a guy that much money when he can be replaced on a team that has far bigger issues? By the time this team is even good enough to get him the ball, he will be "old" and not producing for the money he is being paid. ARob doesn't scare good defenses anyway.

Lol, so now AR is replaceable. Gotcha.

Didn't know this team finds offensive talent all the time.

Newsflash, we finally got a good offensive player. You keep him.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
The way I see it the bears are 10-6 this season.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:

Where are we(bears) going to get the money ??

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

It’s called a balanced budget. There is no salary cap printing machine. We have a gm that has traded picks which help keep cap manageable and spending like a mad man in free agency. There is a reason our cap is on poor shape. It’s called common sense sign X to mega contract = can’t fill voids at Y and Z. It’s not rocket science. Pace trades and free agency spending sprees have caught up with us

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think AR is very valuable to this team, BUT if he is walking away at the end of the year and we end up with nothing in return, then it makes sense to trade him for "something". Let be honest, this team is not winning the Superbowl because of the Offense.

He has trade value to a team that thinks it can compete for a SB. The Ravens put Dez Bryant on the Practice Squad to evaluate if he can still play. Tell me that is not a team that would do what is needed to get a WR?

AR does not want to be here and the Bears don't want to pay him. If the Bears trade him for Draft capital to a team that is in contention, it is a win win.

I want AR to stay....but it makes sense to trade him.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Don't the Bears have the upper hand here? They could tag him for next year, right?

Honestly they are probably still trying to negotiate a new contract but the Bears can absolutely keep him next year under the tag if they want to, probably have to move some cap space to do so.

With the development of Mooney as a deep threat I think that really compliments A-Rob as a possession WR and they should definitely try to get a deal done.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just a gut feeling I have and I cerainly hope I'm wrong about it, but he's unhappy here and now with the likely concussion I wouldn't be surprised if he tells Pace he's not going to risk playing under his current deal. I think we may have seen him play his final game in a Bears uniform.

they gon trade a guy with 2 months left on his contract?

ok

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:

This team has far bigger needs and we can't get him the ball anyway. He also wants to be paid like a top WR and he's simply not that. Might as well get something for him to help rebuild the team. Why pay big money to a guy that doesn't scare good defenses and use that money to build the team?

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
It’s called a balanced budget. There is no salary cap printing machine. We have a gm that has traded picks which help keep cap manageable and spending like a mad man in free agency. There is a reason our cap is on poor shape. It’s called common sense sign X to mega contract = can’t fill voids at Y and Z. It’s not rocket science. Pace trades and free agency spending sprees have caught up with us

Well said! If our team talent was better and we had a better cap situation, then keep ARob. The state our team is in warrants trading him and building for the future. We don't have a qb, we have a terrible oline, and a defense that is getting older. We can't even get ARob the ball on a regular basis. Get something for him and start building.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Amazing what one bad loss produces. I doubt the Bear will even consider any drastic measures until after the Vikings game if we lose that one and 2 others before. Obviously, that won't include trades.
It's more than one bad loss. People keep saying things like this after 1 loss or an ugly win. It's the product as a whole. It's completely obvious that they aren't going anywhere with this team, coaching staff and front office as currently constructed.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
It's more than one bad loss. People keep saying things like this after 1 loss or an ugly win. It's the product as a whole. It's completely obvious that they aren't going anywhere with this team, coaching staff and front office as currently constructed.

The worst thing that happened to the team and us fans is the pretender 5-1 start they got off too.

No Golladay and dropped wide open TD.
Giants suck.
Atlanta blows leads all the time and no Julio
No Godwin and Howard
No McCaffrey

You can't tell any reasonable fan that the above list didn't give the Bears at least 2 wins they didn't deserve. Now, the meathead fans think keeping ARob is a smart move like he's the difference in winning the Super Bowl or not. Bears will probably make the playoffs and we will get stuck with Pace and Nagy longer. Give this team a tougher schedule and you would find out just how bad we are.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The worst thing that happened to the team and us fans is the pretender 5-1 start they got off too.

No Golladay and dropped wide open TD.
Giants suck.
Atlanta blows leads all the time and no Julio
No Godwin and Howard
No McCaffrey

You can't tell any reasonable fan that the above list didn't give the Bears at least 2 wins they didn't deserve. Now, the meathead fans think keeping ARob is a smart move like he's the difference in winning the Super Bowl or not. Bears will probably make the playoffs and we will get stuck with Pace and Nagy longer. Give this team a tougher schedule and you would find out just how bad we are.
Seriously, the Lions, Giants and Falcons are three major choke artists with awful defenses. The Giants losing Barkley was huge because the Bears run D is trash. I think they just got lucky with Tampa.

There is a reason why everyone called them pretenders and they're always the underdog. You cannot trust this fanbase to accurately assess this team, especially when they're winning. No teams with a zero dimensional, zero production offense and a defense that struggles vs the run make deep playoff runs. None.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Seriously, the Lions, Giants and Falcons are three major choke artists with awful defenses. The Giants losing Barkley was huge because the Bears run D is trash. I think they just got lucky with Tampa.

There is a reason why everyone called them pretenders and they're always the underdog. You cannot trust this fanbase to accurately assess this team, especially when they're winning. No teams with a zero dimensional, zero production offense and a defense that struggles vs the run make deep playoff runs. None.

Wow!!!!!!! I totally forgot Barkley got hurt during that game too! Giants still had a chance to win at the end too. We are not contending for anything. We were given gifts by the scheduling gods and some fortunate injuries for our team factored in.