I have a feeling the Bears will unload A Rob by the trade deadline

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
You cannot trust this fanbase to accurately assess this team, especially when they're winning.

Same thing when they are losing though. You are rarely never as good, or as bad, as you think that you are.

The Bears have not yet lost to a bad football team this year.

The defense allows them to play with nearly anybody, anytime. I agree that if our offense doesn't improve there will be real trouble.

A winning season and playoff berth is possible if Nagy pulls his head out of his ass.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You don’t need to send me highlights. Keep those for yourself so you can keep reliving what your team is going to miss out on when he leaves lol. I wouldn’t even spend it on him I said if we are throwing 20 mil at a wr I would take golladay over ar. And he would consider EVERY team that will open the check book to him even the loser ass team he’s been on for 4 years
Why go from one loser ass team to another loser ass team with a QB that can't hit the Broad side of a barn behind an O-line that can't block senior citizens in wheelchairs?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Same thing when they are losing though. You are rarely never as good, or as bad, as you think that you are.

The Bears have not yet lost to a bad football team this year.

The defense allows them to play with nearly anybody, anytime. I agree that if our offense doesn't improve there will be real trouble.

A winning season and playoff berth is possible if Nagy pulls his head out of his ass.
Its possible for sure but like i said, they wont go on a deep playoff run. Considering the new format and how bad the NFCE is, they have a shot with having 5 wins already.

They just don't have the talent or coaching on offense. It's a multi year trend. Defense keeps you in the game and maybe you luck your way into a couple scores but it isn't a championship winning formula or a long term one.

We're looking at another year of no accomplishments that merit extension. IMO it's time to start collecting draft capital for the next GM. The Pace experiment is not working and id rather not waste another year of my fandom watching the same thing again and again.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Why go from one loser ass team to another loser ass team with a QB that can't hit the Broad side of a barn behind an O-line that can't block senior citizens in wheelchairs?
This saddens me because it is actually true.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Winning teams usually don’t have the money. Dude never made first round top ten pick money. He has to solidify his future before personal goals. Of lions offer him that deal right now he would take it

if I was to guess dolphins going to get him.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think a portion of CCS are just a bunch of reactionary emo kids. they probably all dress the same too.
100% correct.
You could not be more correct.
You Win.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The worst thing that happened to the team and us fans is the pretender 5-1 start they got off too.

No Golladay and dropped wide open TD.
Giants suck.
Atlanta blows leads all the time and no Julio
No Godwin and Howard
No McCaffrey

You can't tell any reasonable fan that the above list didn't give the Bears at least 2 wins they didn't deserve. Now, the meathead fans think keeping ARob is a smart move like he's the difference in winning the Super Bowl or not. Bears will probably make the playoffs and we will get stuck with Pace and Nagy longer. Give this team a tougher schedule and you would find out just how bad we are.

meh, thats dumb

bears have to overcome the same kind of shit as the teams they beat

bears are bum slayers, that's a real thing. not that it's good enough, but just saying. they earn those wins against the bums

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Robinson is the best wide receiver we've had in my lifetime and i'm pushing 40. I don't see why you don't make an effort to keep him. Imagine what he would do on a functional offense.

That said, that might be the reason I trade him. The Bears are cursed: they'll never have a good offense so why bother trying to pay for it? Put the money in the defense, go cheap on offense, hope lightning strikes with a couple good picks and stay flexible with the cap to go grab a good complimentary free agent or two when needed. I don't know.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't the Bears have the upper hand here? They could tag him for next year, right?
I don’t think they can afford that, they don’t have the room as of today. FT becomes a fully guaranteed contract for one year once it’s applied to a player. I could see them clearing space to make that happen though.. not necessarily the best decision, but we are talking about pace here.

I’d much rather negotiate a contract, even if it is a tad higher, that I can spread out the cap hit over the length of the contract then having to clear space for a FT. What a fucking mess this is.

if I had to guess, they’re not gonna get it done and he will leave as a FA.

Last edited:

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
meh, thats dumb

bears have to overcome the same kind of shit as the teams they beat

bears are bum slayers, that's a real thing. not that it's good enough, but just saying. they earn those wins against the bums

Because it's true doesn't make it dumb. Are you saying that if the offensive STARS for those teams were healthy, we would still be 5-1 after those games? I don't think any realist believes that but we will never know. What we do know is the two good teams we played that were healthy, we got stomped by.

I have no expectations for this team. How could anybody?

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Robinson is the best wide receiver we've had in my lifetime and i'm pushing 40. I don't see why you don't make an effort to keep him. Imagine what he would do on a functional offense.

That said, that might be the reason I trade him. The Bears are cursed: they'll never have a good offense so why bother trying to pay for it? Put the money in the defense, go cheap on offense, hope lightning strikes with a couple good picks and stay flexible with the cap to go grab a good complimentary free agent or two when needed. I don't know.

Because we don't have a functional offense and won't anytime soon. If we can somehow build to that, he will be "old" by NFL standards at that time and not worth the money he is being paid. Get something for him now and start rebuilding.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Because we don't have a functional offense and won't anytime soon. If we can somehow build to that, he will be "old" by NFL standards at that time and not worth the money he is being paid. Get something for him now and start rebuilding.
If the team is going to blow it up a bit then yea, I can get on board with that.

Need to build the team from the inside out. O line + QB while drafting some lower round WRs cause you can actually find some talent there. Once we've got an O line that can block for a functional QB then maybe we can make a splash signing in free agency at WR if needed. Mooney is the real deal and might as well just throw Kmet in the fire to see what you've got. I like Montgomery's chance of being quite good behind a decent O line. There's a few pieces in place.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:

The best in your lifetime? Brandon Marshall didn't play for the bears to long ago.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The best in your lifetime? Brandon Marshall didn't play for the bears to long ago.

For the briefest moment in time, the Bears actually had two 1000 yard receivers and the best #1/#2 combo in the NFL. At least I lived to see it once.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Quick question? If arob signs somewhere else after the season for 18 million we get a 4th round comp pick? Potentially thats higher than what we'd get back in a trade at this point anyway