I have a feeling the Bears will unload A Rob by the trade deadline

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
They should, he’s good but by no means a game changer. You can’t pay 18 million for a possession receiver.

msadows

Liked Posts:
They should, he’s good but by no means a game changer. You can’t pay 18 million for a possession receiver.

lol. Bro.

You do realize the reason why he isn't a game changer is because our OL cant block longer than 3 seconds so he's rarely asked to go downfield, right?

Watch his tape in Jax when he put up 1,400 yards and made crazy catch after crazy catch.

Don't blame arobs production on him, its all on his lack of QB/OL play. He has shown in his career to have the potential for the explosive play if given the opportunity.

Bronze65

Liked Posts:
Can’t believe there have been zero trades or roster moves.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
lol. Bro.

You do realize the reason why he isn't a game changer is because our OL cant block longer than 3 seconds so he's rarely asked to go downfield, right?

Watch his tape in Jax when he put up 1,400 yards and made crazy catch after crazy catch.

Don't blame arobs production on him, its all on his lack of QB/OL play. He has shown in his career to have the potential for the explosive play if given the opportunity.

Let's assume you are right. By the time we have a team that is capable of letting ARob show his true talents, he will be "old" by NFL standards with declining skills and not worth the money he is getting paid. I would rather go into rebuild mode now and get something for him and rebuild the team starting with the line.

ltap

Liked Posts:
If getting rid of him facilitates Nagy's firing, I'm all for it.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Theoretically the Bears could be starting a rookie QB next year. For that to have a prayer of success they need a solid oline and a security blanket WR. If the money is there to re-sign Arob it's kind of a no brainer.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Theoretically the Bears could be starting a rookie QB next year. For that to have a prayer of success they need a solid oline and a security blanket WR. If the money is there to re-sign Arob it's kind of a no brainer.

Another intelligent thought.

You don't want to bring the next guy in to have a cutler situation. Cutty went from one of the best WR groups and ol's in denver to having one of the worst WR situations and OL's in chicago. It stunted his development and ruined him. Who knows where he could have been had the scrub never left denver.

Keep Arob, re-sign ifedi. Cut Massie. Use your first rounder on signing a RT who can transition to left. Try to find a depth LT signing in FA to compete with Leno(I don't think cutting leno is reasonable, considering the 5m cap hit and only 6m saved).

Daniels/Whitehair are obviously going nowhere. If you draft a QB in the 2nd round, or shit, even the first, you need talent around him to ensure his success. Arob still has 6 good years left.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Let's assume you are right. By the time we have a team that is capable of letting ARob show his true talents, he will be "old" by NFL standards with declining skills and not worth the money he is getting paid. I would rather go into rebuild mode now and get something for him and rebuild the team starting with the line.

Dude, we're 5-2. Yes, we are lucky to be 5-2, but we are 5-2.

This is not a "lets rebuild and fuck this team" scenario. This team has issues on the oline. Thats essentially it. It's hard to be a solid team on either side of the ball fielding a bottom three line in the NFL.

It's like saying you should trade away kyle fuller if we weren't getting a pass rush because the QB has all day to throw. Makes zero sense.

You draft oline next year, sign a depth lineman, and let them compete. It's what SHOULD have happened this year, but of course, pace happened.

This team still has solid pieces on offense.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:

Cutting Foles would be $14M in dead cap for '21, right?

If they draft a QB, I imagine he'll sit behind Foles for a year.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Cutting Foles would be $14M in dead cap for '21, right?

If they draft a QB, I imagine he'll sit behind Foles for a year.

Correct, which is the right move. Foles is about as good a guy to learn behind as there is. Not good enough to challenge a talented rookie, but accomplished enough to know the ins and outs of being an NFL QB.

If you take a qb in the 2nd round, like newman or trask for example, you let him sit behind foles and then after 2022 you cut foles and save 7m in cap which you could use to sign our new guy a productive RB/IOL

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For the briefest moment in time, the Bears actually had two 1000 yard receivers and the best #1/#2 combo in the NFL. At least I lived to see it once.
Yeah and a Left Tackle that couldn’t tie his shoes. Good Times!

Liked Posts:
If they do, and also the fact they signed no O-linemen...makes me feel Pace is either setting up Nagy or doesn't really want to win.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Luck department again. It's no secret that NO is not as good outside of NO. Another scheduling lucky draw for this average team. I wouldn't at all be shocked if NO shits the bed and the Bears squeak out a win.
I’d be shocked if they even get close in this game. The Bears are terrible.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Agreed and disagreed.

This team has struggled to find offensive talent heavily over the entire history of the franchise. Arob has potential to be the best this franchise has ever had and set all the records. He's young, and his game can transition VERY well into the 30's(it's all route running and hands).

You have a 6 year window with the guy still of very good WR play, I'd say. If you can't find the qb to throw the ball to by then it won't matter who you pay.

18m is not going to be the difference between being able to draft talent and sign talent. Finding and luring talent is hard. FA is not a guarantee. The draft is a crapshoot. You have arguably a top 10 WR, letting him go is a joke.

Sure you could say "Hmm, lets sign golloday instead". But...why would golladay come here? Sure you could say lets draft Jaylen Waddle(Who I'm very much for, btw), but who's to say Waddle isn't the same player after his ankle injury?

There are no guarantee's in sports. Arob is one, however. He's a safe bet. A low risk bet. He's a win. Pay the man.

I’m saying let’s go with miller and Mooney and Kmet...develop them while you find your QB. Invest in them with playing time and then hopefully 2-4 years theirs a QB worthy in re-investing in contract extensions. Unless I know we have a QB who’s capable of utilizing Robinson’s skill set I’m not paying him that kind of money. We don’t have that QB. You pay for stats bc stats often mean wins. His stats won’t justify his salary.

I’m also against paying WR big money once over 30 years old. Especially already having one big injury. Unl

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I’m going with Marshall was better than Arob

On the field BMarsh was better than ARob is and has been, but i'll take the guy that is still a great WR and also isn't a locker room cancer over the guy that was every day.