If blocking people would also hide their threads...

AussieBear

i took me initial hazing shots like a champ.. been taking shots from time to time since... i shoot back.. we dont seem to take it personal.. at least i dontz....we move on.. never blocked anyone...b almost likes e-locker room jabs... e-life...... if eyes dont feel like reading what sumone b has to say.. i dont click on they thread or i just scroll by they comment... hard life..

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
So do your duty if you feel something is inappropriate. How hard is that?

That doesn't answer anything. You're just ranting to rant without knowing what the fuck you're ranting about. Just like you reference kicking them off the island but you told me it had nothing to do with reddit when I referenced it because reddit votes posts off the island.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
To the OP: I think that blocking the content of the post/thread is perfectly sufficient and no extra software/coding is needed.

To others here: I find the voting "off the island" distasteful. I also understand that free speech as delineated in the First Amendment does not apply to a private MB ... however, that being said, it is still a justified position that even private forums for speech should operate with as little censorship as possible.

No one should be shamed for blocking/ignoring anyone, that is not censorship. But the idea of quantifying unpopularity among some posters and using it as a limiting factor to posting or being visible to other posters is a very fast way of getting me off this private MB and finding a new one.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Wow I go on vacation for over a week and the cringefest takes over. You have Bitch Pride who doesn't understand how the ignore feature works and Teddy KFC in here calling people Novak alts because he has less imagination than his back tits. here is an absolutely crazy idea, and could potentially help all you bitches enjoy ccs more. If you see a user who you do not want to interact with start a thread....scroll past it and don't engage in the thread. If you are too weak to have the self control to look past that persons thread than you deserve to be "trolled". If you can't properly use the ignore function and continue to open an ignored persons post, you deserve to be "trolled". If you thinnk every person who disagrees with you is a Novak alt, you are just a plain idiot.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Holy fuck. Who started this abortion of a thread.

You did, and your friend Mjiton was initially a very sensitive, sincere, thoughtful critic of trolls, he hates trolls, they attack and add nothing. Then he decided to become what he imagines a troll might be. He went from this bleeding heart bullshit:

I disagree with this suggestion. As hard as it is to see posters acting like internet thugs. Compensating by spewing emasculating insults rather than articulating rational debate.
Censoring them does nothing but create an [echo chamber]. Having counter opinions is important to keeping an even keel and not letting popular opinion skew your own.
Keeps you grounded.

Your view of who is an overt troll probably just differs from mine slightly.
I suppose the best argument for the ignore feature to include threads would be Dezbears. While I don't mind his threads he often spams them to the point of the front page being nearly nothing but his threads.

Macho asshole routines gets old and pathetic. I can't blame people for wanting to block cancerous posters who post nothing of value.
Look how tough I am. "Triggered snowflake liberal pussies." #flex

He flipped from hating "cancerous posters who post nothing of value" to some sort of an emoji troll that posts "nothing of value". All his impassioned pleas for "articulating rational debate" become this:

:whoosh: :whoosh: :whoosh:
:whoosh: :whoosh: :whoosh:

A strong case that the people that complain the most about trolls, are the biggest trolls, or in this case emoji troll wannabees.

Your thread failed because of the muddled message and confused allies. xer0h0ur you should rethink this approach.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You did, and your friend Mjiton was initially a very sensitive, sincere, thoughtful critic of trolls, he hates trolls, they attack and add nothing. Then he decided to become what he imagines a troll might be. He went from this bleeding heart bullshit:

He flipped from hating "cancerous posters who post nothing of value" to some sort of an emoji troll that posts "nothing of value". All his impassioned pleas for "articulating rational debate" become this:

A strong case that the people that complain the most about trolls, are the biggest trolls, or in this case emoji troll wannabees.

Your thread failed because of the muddled message and confused allies. xer0h0ur you should rethink this approach.

Apparently my attempt at bringing back some levity to this vaginal secretion party went over your head. Please cry more. In fact DM HHM's entire minion brigade to come back you up. I'm sure Grimson has nothing better to do right now.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
i took me initial hazing shots like a champ.. been taking shots from time to time since... i shoot back.. we dont seem to take it personal.. at least i dontz....we move on.. never blocked anyone...b almost likes e-locker room jabs... e-life...... if eyes dont feel like reading what sumone b has to say.. i dont click on they thread or i just scroll by they comment... hard life..

"We"?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
yes we people.. im just assuming most ye dont give na fucks and have irl feelings dat matter mo...

I was just checking to see if you had multiple personalities. You moved from "I" to "We" freely in that post.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Apparently my attempt at bringing back some levity to this vaginal secretion party went over your head. Please cry more. In fact DM HHM's entire minion brigade to come back you up. I'm sure Grimson has nothing better to do right now.

WTF? So this was always just a joke thread that some of your new friends took way too seriously, and it all went sideways? Okay, that's an interesting take.

Grimson and HHM have been banned for a very long time, are you sure you want to go there? There is a small group of posters here (2, 3 if you join) that sees ghosts of posters past everywhere, it's creepy. I don't belong to any 'brigade' and you are starting to sound a little paranoid. That's a shame.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
WTF? So this was always just a joke thread that some of your new friends took way too seriously, and it all went sideways? Okay, that's an interesting take.

Grimson and HHM have been banned for a very long time, are you sure you want to go there? There is a small group of posters here (2, 3 if you join) that sees ghosts of posters past everywhere, it's creepy. I don't belong to any 'brigade' and you are starting to sound a little paranoid. That's a shame.

I ain't fallin for no banana in my tailpipe. I made this thread with the purpose of the OP. Hide the threads of the people on my block list from the forums. Nothing more nothing less. Some people turned that into a wine and cheese fest. Present company included.

Play stupid for all I care. We both know those clownshoes have an unhealthy obsession with trolling and have accounts here. Those two have dozens of forum bans under their belts. They don't stop. I'll give em that. They're dedicated to the troll. I ain't a stool pigeon though and not giving up who is who. Its become a meme here to call every new overt alt HHM and Grimson.