If blocking people would also hide their threads...

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
If shouting down less freedom of speech is a thing, where do I sign up?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hanging your hat on the "freedom of speech" argument when it obviously doesn't apply here. Stop being a martyr. Crawl down off your cross. Use the wood to build a bridge and get over it.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
You are a classic hypocrite. You demand the freedom of expressing yourself on here, but as soon as another person says something you don't like, you try to shout it down.
And to reply to this again, yes I take issue with you or anyone's attempt to censor someone that is talking about a valid point on the Bears board. Again I hope this gets moved to the bar so I can continue to explain to you the merits of free expression. We happen to be way off topic, because we aren't talking about the Bears currently, but you are pro censorship so you should understand.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I only agree with not seeing a blocked users threads.
Completely disagree with the voting off the island crap.

This place has been overrun with hypersensitive guys that just want to complain about shit. I wasn't even talking to this Mjiton guy and he jumps in like the voice of reason, which he is definitely not. I was responding to this fool:

Of course I know how the ignore feature works you moron. It hides what the poster says, but still shows that poster made a post. Unfortunately, sometimes my curiosity gets the best of me and I still read the BS.

This poor fellow was compelled to read some 'BS' and it was unpleasant. What changes can we make to CCS so we can protect him from his own curiosity?

The point of this fucked up thread is that all the following measures are not enough:

disliking
Reporting
Ignoring

We can't just dislike, report, and ignore a guy, now we need more measures to protect ourselves from the evil doers. Yeah, that's the problem, CCS is too upsetting. Now when someone like fog boy acts like a bitch it is not right to point it out, sensitive posters need more protection.

It's painfully obvious how far this place has gone downhill when threads like this have any traction. Bring back the right 10 posters and this shit goes away fast, and things maybe even get entertaining again. Less weeping and more lols.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Hanging your hat on the "freedom of speech" argument when it obviously doesn't apply here. Stop being a martyr. Crawl down off your cross. Use the wood to build a bridge and get over it.
How about you reply in context for once... Please.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The point of this fucked up thread is that all the following measures are not enough:

disliking
Reporting
Ignoring

What good does disliking do other than make someones bars go up or down?
Would I have to unignore people to dislike them? If I had them on ignore would I miss some important disliking?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
And to reply to this again, yes I take issue with you or anyone's attempt to censor someone that is talking about a valid point on the Bears board. Again I hope this gets moved to the bar so I can continue to explain to you the merits of free expression. We happen to be way off topic, because we aren't talking about the Bears currently, but you are pro censorship so you should understand.

Not wanting to read what someone writes is not censorship, you dolt. Which is what the OP suggested: A cleaner way to ignore someone. Maybe learn what censorship is first. Someone not wanting to read what someone writes is not fucking censorship.

It's pathetic that I have to explain this to you.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Would I have to unignore people to dislike them? If I had them on ignore would I miss some important disliking?
If you had them on ignore what the fuck is it your business to care any longer?

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I agree with this. Message boards aren't for the faint of heart. You want to bark with the big dogs, grow a pair and get off the porch.

Message boards all about dick waving now apparently. :eek:hmy:
I thought some of you already ripped yours off?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

A giant dislike-REPORT-IGNORE button should do the trick, the CCS nuclear option.

Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Not wanting to read what someone writes is not censorship, you dolt. Which is what the OP suggested: A cleaner way to ignore someone. Maybe learn what censorship is first. Someone not wanting to read what someone writes is not fucking censorship.

Since he said he isn't talking about the suggestion to have voting like reddit maybe he thinks ignoring people affects whether someone else sees it.

Newblood

Liked Posts:

If someone wants to ignore someone, what the fuck is it to you if they don't want to see any of their post or threads? It does not affect your ability to read them.

Holy shit.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

Bullshit.

The many references to "kicking them off the island" that followed was obviously a wish to censor unpopular ideas.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

disliking was being treated like it was an important feature. I just want to do my duty as a good citizen.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
This place has been overrun with hypersensitive guys that just want to complain about shit. I wasn't even talking to this Mjiton guy and he jumps in like the voice of reason, which he is definitely not.

:whoosh::whoosh::whoosh:

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Since he said he isn't talking about the suggestion to have voting like reddit maybe he thinks ignoring people affects whether someone else sees it.

I think he is just clueless. On a few levels.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
If someone wants to ignore someone, what the fuck is it to you if they don't want to see any of their post or threads? It does not affect your ability to read them.

Holy shit.
Umm unless you click on their shit you will never have to read it you stupid fuck hole.

How simple is that?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
disliking was being treated like it was an important feature. I just want to do my duty as a good citizen.
So do your duty if you feel something is inappropriate. How hard is that?

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
If shouting down less freedom of speech is a thing, where do I sign up?

How about you reply in context for once... Please.

:smh:

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Bullshit.

The many references to "kicking them off the island" that followed was obviously a wish to censor unpopular ideas.

Those were my comments, not the opening post. So cool, you hate my idea. But you called out this thread and the opening post multiple times, so don't give me that shit about it only being about my idea.