If this was a first round pick’s 1st start, we’d say this was impressive

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I can’t stress enough that this is Tyson Bagent’s first career start.

He’s a Division 2 undrafted rookie quarterback.

I’m seeing poise.
I’m seeing him keep his eyes downfield.
I’m seeing him play smart and protecting the football.
I’m seeing him evaluating the field and going the right way.
I’m seeing him escape pressure.

If a #1 overall pick was having a first career start like this, we’d say they were impressive.

I don’t know where this all ends up, probably nowhere. But the man deserves props in his first career start.
He is a good kid and played really well, will make a fine backup to JF.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Maybe they can put Fields in for the long ball and Bagent in for the rest since Fields can't or won't throw to open receivers?

Good idea, casual fan / couch coach/ Madden Rookie mode Hall of Famer.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Another simpleminded boomer who can't watch tape. 🤡
Watch the tape....that's funny.....one guy has 31 of his games on tape and the improvement is miniscule while the gigantic flaws are all still there

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Watch the tape....that's funny.....one guy has 31 of his games on tape and the improvement is miniscule while the gigantic flaws are all still there
Oh so the "tUrNoVeR machine" didn't have 618 yards, 8 TD, 1 interception and a 131 passer rating over his last 2 complete games?

🤡

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The fact that there is actually a debate about whether an undrafted free agent from a Division II school is a better NFL quarterback than a first-round draft pick tells you more about the first-round draft pick than the undrafted free agent . . .
It tells me most fans are idiots.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I guess I just don’t get what’s so wrong about patting a Division 2 undrafted rookie QB on the back for having an impressive first career start.

First career starts:

Patrick Mahomes
22-35
284 yards
0 TDs
1 INT
76 passer rating

Joe Burrow
23-36
193 yards
0 TD
1 INT
66 passer rating

Josh Allen
6-15
74 yards
0 TD
0 INT
56 passer rating

Tyson Bagent
21-29
162 yards
1 TD
0 INT
97 passer rating

In what world isn’t that impressive for a first career start, let alone an undrafted rookie? What’s dumb about giving that guy props?
Nothing .

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Defense the last 30 games - 28 PPG

Defense yesterday - 12 points.

Context matters.

Ignorant racist hick.

🙄 💩 🤡
D last 3 games 44 points....that's 15 points a game.....they're coming around...yes, they'll have another blow-out probably.....But going back 30 games when most of these players weren't on the team? Enlighten me on what that proves?

greg23

Liked Posts:
Oh so the "tUrNoVeR machine" didn't have 618 yards, 8 TD, 1 interception and a 131 passer rating over his last 2 complete games?

🤡
Yes....when did anyone says he didn't

It's he previous 3 starts this year plus 2.5 quarters vs minn.....where he looked like the qb he's always been

Why are you people so afraid to admit he's got tons of flaws and might not be the guy? It's always something else: wr, oline, oc, hc, previous hc, gm, etc

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
loved what I saw from him today, quick decisions, went through his progressions, got the ball out on time.

Want to see a few deeper throws from him though before we can officially call him the next Brady
I was thinking Purdy, not Brady.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins

🤡
Let me see if I understand your comparisons correctly........you want to take the D's last 30 games to make them look bad, and take Fields last 2 to make him look great? Is this correct?

msadows

Liked Posts:
He reminds me of a trailer park version of jimmy G

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I was thinking Kyle Orton pre broncos.

Zero arm strength, smart with the football, quick release.
I guess you missed the roll to his right and threw an 18 yd dart to Moore along the side-line? That was an 18 yard completion from scrimmage line, in fact a 25 yard dart. Try it sometime in your back yard, and remember he was on the move. Let's not forget that 'little' detail.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Let me see if I understand your comparisons correctly........you want to take the D's last 30 games to make them look bad, and take Fields last 2 to make him look great? Is this correct?

No. I'm saying that based on his most recent complete games, regardless of the bears defense, Fields seems to have markedly improved as a QB.

Separate from that, I'm saying that Fields record (the BEARS record) would look much better if the defense we saw yesterday showed up more consistently.

Nice strawman, though.

🤡

msadows

Liked Posts:
I guess you missed the roll to his right and threw an 18 yd dart to Moore along the side-line? That was an 18 yard completion from scrimmage line, in fact a 25 yard dart. Try it sometime in your back yard, and remember he was on the move. Let's not forget that 'little' detail.

2.4 average depth of target kinda disagrees with you.

You can only do so much in the NFL with that same recipe next week.