IHN and my time (Please read, everyone)

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="211285" data-time="1381950344">
<div>

Of course, I've had boards for a while when I was younger and really I don't want to get into it again.  I like the way this one is generally run because you can "criticise the holy" and the worst that happens is you're expected to back up your claims.  I've been on some where mods will threaten to ban you--just because they're mods and they have an inferiority complex.  Then you have the O-boards where you critique the holiest of the holy and you're banned even if you can back it up.</p>

</p>

So, since CCS is a general Chicago sports site, what happens if I make some comment about "I prefer the sport of Hockey to the Standing around of Gridiorn football" with a breakdown of the actual amount of time the ball was in play in the last bears gane and some hardcore bears fan mod gets an acute case of sand-in-vagin-itis?  At least here the banter may get heated, but in general there's an understanding of a differeing opinion.  Back there, we might be forced to deal with a real asshole who never got past taking his ball home from the playround.</p>

</p>

Personally, I'm cool with it because i can just go to another site, but I do understand that there are some people who have been here since day 1 that don't want to hand the reigns over to an unknown, and really, how can they be given any guarentee that if/when CCS takes over that it will be business as usual over here for perpetuity?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Hah, yeah I'm going to go ahead and agree to disagree with you on that one. I've never seen differing  opinions (on hockey of all fucking things) cause so much drama and insult slinging.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Super Douchiev" data-cid="211209" data-time="1381936325">
<div>

I think I can articulate what people are thinking.  If IHN merges with CCS it is then part of CCS regardless of what anyone says.  For such a conspiracy theorist such as yourself, why you dont even remotely question who will be in control of the site after this is astonishing, considering historically, with companies when these sorts of "you will still have total control" comments are made, its just to butter the bread.  For an example you can understand....EA and pretty much ANY developer they have purchased.</p>

</p>

I mean if you honestly think CCS hence forward will just let IHN be run with a free hand by Ton or whoever  indefinitely, is just a pipe dream. In the history of anything merging or being acquired this has happened no times ever.</p>

</p>

Ultimately regardless of what anyone says, Tony put most of the work and financial backing into the site, regardless of whose "idea" the site was etc.  So in my opinion though, it is his decision as to what he wants to do with it, i donated some money once, I hardly feel that qualifies me to tell the person who has put all the work and most of the financials into the site, what he can or can't do with it, whether I agree with him or not.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Why would they lie? Why would Ton lie? Because that's ultimately what you're talking about, isn't it? These aren't multinational corporations, these are just fan run message boards. Way too much is being made of this.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Instead of merging can we just give them Variable and call it even?</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="211308" data-time="1381954296">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

I'd move to CCS if Variable stayed here.  Maybe he/she can create a dual account and argue with him/herself on repeat creating a bizzaro-IHN where posts float in a milky purgatory.

</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="211306" data-time="1381953966">
<div>

Hah, yeah I'm going to go ahead and agree to disagree with you on that one. I've never seen differing  opinions (on hockey of all fucking things) cause so much drama and insult slinging.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

This is honestly one of the tamest boards I've been on.  Mostly everyone here has met in one form or another.  Are there moments?  Sure.  The ship usually gets righted before we have to do cleanup, or at least before Grimson gets a hold of a 24 pack of Natty Ice. Facebook/Twitter will give you a truckload of quotes, especially when Khabbi gave up 2 the other night, and fans were screaming about how bad Craw was.  It was Twitter magic.  

Check (troll) out the 300 level sometime.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't drink and internet any more.

Never a good thing, LOL!!!!

Then again... it is hockey season now.

Variable

Liked Posts:
You know, I used to think I knew what the word "trolling"  meant, but now I'm not sure anymore. It seems to have been stretched to include a few other things.</p>

</p>

Disagreement? Trolling.</p>

</p>

Holding a not-as-popular view on something? Trolling.</p>

</p>

Asking honest questions, trying to understand the other side of an issue? Trolling.</p>

</p>

Trolling, trolling, trolling. Really nothing I've mentioned or brought up in this thread isn't something that already was by another person.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a serious question:

What happens to the IHN recliners?

This couch needs answers.</p>

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="211307" data-time="1381954241">
<div>

Why would they lie? Why would Ton lie? Because that's ultimately what you're talking about, isn't it? These aren't multinational corporations, these are just fan run message boards. Way too much is being made of this.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

When did I say they lied?  That may full well be both of their intentions, I am just saying long term that isn't the way it will be.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mr.Couch" data-cid="211319" data-time="1381955715">
<div>

I have a serious question:

What happens to the IHN recliners?

This couch needs answers.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

We will replace them with lawn chairs. Muahahahaha!</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
For the record, I don't plan on participating in the vote... it's not up to me.</p>

</p>

I understand if it turns out as a "NO" — I also understand if it's a "YES" on the flip side.</p>

</p>

If it's a NO, then I will be prepared to offer up more solutions.. and we can do the voting process all over again.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Super Douchiev" data-cid="211320" data-time="1381956093">
<div>

When did I say they lied?  That may full well be both of their intentions, I am just saying long term that isn't the way it will be.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

IF something were to happen, there's nothing to stop us from leaving and bringing the message board with us. They don't "own" IHN. I thought this was all cleared up before.</p>

</p>

Look, again, I don't see this as a move because Ton doesn't have time to do everything, I see it more as a solution to getting more activity in this message board. Whereas just staying put and simply legislating out  some of his duties to you or anyone else doesn't change that. This can.</p>

</p>

Worst case scenario as I see is that it doesn't work, it doesn't improve activity,  and CCS become the "overlords" some fear them to be and we leave and are right back where we are right now. With a message board where easily the most active topic as the hockey season is fully underway has been this one with all the negativity for an idea about improving and growing the site.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="211308" data-time="1381954296">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Theif!</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="211311" data-time="1381954563">
<div>

I'd move to CCS if Variable stayed here.  Maybe he/she can create a dual account and argue with him/herself on repeat creating a bizzaro-IHN where posts float in a milky purgatory.

</p>

</p>

This is honestly one of the tamest boards I've been on.  Mostly everyone here has met in one form or another.  Are there moments?  Sure.  The ship usually gets righted before we have to do cleanup, or at least before Grimson gets a hold of a 24 pack of Natty Ice. Facebook/Twitter will give you a truckload of quotes, especially when Khabbi gave up 2 the other night, and fans were screaming about how bad Craw was.  It was Twitter magic.  

Check (troll) out the 300 level sometime.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Imagine what they'd do to variable over at Stuys...  HAHAHAHAHAHA </p>

supraman

Liked Posts:
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Sold done, sign the papers, forge Tons name</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ton DeFrancesco" data-cid="211251" data-time="1381944387">
<div>

Again, as much as I know everyone here loves to post here... how many people really think they can haul the ship in the long run? Is this a short term solution or a long term solution, that is being suggested?</p>

</p>

How long before people get sick of donating? How long before someone decides they can't handle a certain responsibility?</p>

</p>

The fact is, no one comes here to work. They come here to take a load off and talk shit to their fellow Blackhawks fans. Essentially, this is an online bar. When you go to a bar and the staff asked you to throw out the trash, wash some dishes, be a bouncer for the night, or pay the bills... even if you loved that bar, eventually you'd say "fuck it, I just want to drink"...</p>

</p>

Most here come here to post. I'm looking for a long-term solution, and Rush has a solid foundation in CCS. One that can flourish, and one that I think is the best option for us. Which is why I'm presenting it, but if it's a "NO" majority, then I can start to look at other options. Right now, I want to focus on the best option, which I believe in. If it's a no, that's fine, we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.</p>

</p>

These are great questions, I appreciate it.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Tim just offered to pilot the ship...................................did you miss it?  </p>

</p>

Here is a serious question (and not born from ignorance):</p>

What does it take for you to run the site?  Please include (as briefly or verbosely as you would like) equipment, costs, time, etc.</p>

</p>

I'm trying not to be a dick, but if I was a loan officer or investor and you came to me with this business proposal I would have a gazillion questions and deny you all the way to China and back.  You can't blame everyone for doing the same in this thread.</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="211307" data-time="1381954241">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Here is my example:</p>

</p>

The original BlackHawkZone message boards (cir 2004) were the only 'adult' alternative to the Chicago Blackhawks homepage message boards once Adam and McDickBag Nazi'd the fuck out of them.  </p>

</p>

We could swear, we could rant, we could threaten life or limb and it was all taken in jest as this site has been able to do for many moons (for the most part).</p>

</p>

The creator of the site was in his early 30s and had his first child and bowed out of the 'admin/owner' role.  He handed the board over to three long time members who begged to keep it running.</p>

</p>

Less than one month later, they turned the place into another Nazi'd up joint where words as tame as 'sucks' and 'dick' were no longer allowed.  THIRTY FUCKING DAYS that is all it took for them to ruin the place.  </p>

</p>

The point of this story is not that my example is going to happen, but it most certainly COULD happen.  And when it does, some of us will be left here saying, "I fucking told you........".</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ton DeFrancesco" data-cid="211322" data-time="1381956686">
<div>

For the record, I don't plan on participating in the vote... it's not up to me.</p>

</p>

I understand if it turns out as a "NO" — I also understand if it's a "YES" on the flip side.</p>

</p>

If it's a NO, then I will be prepared to offer up more solutions.. and we can do the voting process all over again.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I'm not participating either!  I vote DANY!</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigPete" data-cid="211333" data-time="1381958875">
<div>

Tim just offered to pilot the ship...................................did you miss it?  </p>

</p>

Here is a serious question (and not born from ignorance):</p>

What does it take for you to run the site?  Please include (as briefly or verbosely as you would like) equipment, costs, time, etc.</p>

</p>

I'm trying not to be a dick, but if I was a loan officer or investor and you came to me with this business proposal I would have a gazillion questions and deny you all the way to China and back.  You can't blame everyone for doing the same in this thread.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I asked that too and wasn't being a dick.  I wanted to know specifically what financial cost it was.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Supra" data-cid="211332" data-time="1381958863">
<div>

Sold done, sign the papers, forge Tons name</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Funny or sad this would be a unanimous YES vote.  That really says something.  hahaha</p>