IHN and my time (Please read, everyone)

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ton DeFrancesco" data-cid="211254" data-time="1381945081">
<div>

As far as the vote, how about we open up the polling next Sunday, not the 20th, but on October 27th, and let it run through November 1st?</p>

</p>

Is that fair? I feel like that gives everyone more than enough time to come to a sensible decision. I'll send a mass email to announce the voting date if we can agree on October 27th-November 1st.</p>

</p>

And so there is no confusion, the poll will have two options... YES and NO. The question is: "Would you like to see CCS and IHN merge together?" Simple and to the point.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I spose it makes sense to not have Dany as an option.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sorry I'm late to the party--family in from out of town.  Anyhow, here's my take and answering some questions:</p>

</p>

I came here because Bri invited me way back when the shitstorm with NHTA on the O-boards was in full swing.  I stayed here because I liked the banter and respected the opinions and the knowledge, hockey or otherwise, of most of the people who post here.  Plus, they don't really censor, and do provide adequate NSFW coverage...just in case.</p>

</p>

I do frequent other boards...even the O-boards because I like to hear all opinions.  Sometimes over there it's like a blind squirrel finding a nut but still, knowledge and banter is knowledge and banter, but thuis is one I frequent most and because of that, and knowing that Ton et. al. have put a lot of work into this board, I had no problems donating a few bucks to help the cause.</p>

</p>

I may be re-hashing a lot of what's been said, but I do have some concerns about censorship and how the boards will be run down the line.  But, in the end, I figure if I don't like how they are run, I'll stop going on them.</p>

R K

<sub>What ever happened to Bri?  Who's to blame for her leaving?</sub></p>

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
Everyone is to blame for her leaving.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="211247" data-time="1381943955">
<div>

This is still better than getting a CTA Ventra card.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

You've been reading my facebook page again I see.</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now I'm getting all misty....</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jakobeast" data-cid="211267" data-time="1381948351">
<div>

Everyone is to blame for her leaving.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Just the opposite, only she is to blame for her leaving.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<div> </div>
<div>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="211263" data-time="1381947964">
<div>

Sorry I'm late to the party--family in from out of town.  Anyhow, here's my take and answering some questions:</p>

</p>

I came here because Bri invited me way back when the shitstorm with NHTA on the O-boards was in full swing.  I stayed here because I liked the banter and respected the opinions and the knowledge, hockey or otherwise, of most of the people who post here.  Plus, they don't really censor, and do provide adequate NSFW coverage...just in case.</p>

</p>

I do frequent other boards...even the O-boards because I like to hear all opinions.  Sometimes over there it's like a blind squirrel finding a nut but still, knowledge and banter is knowledge and banter, but thuis is one I frequent most and because of that, and knowing that Ton et. al. have put a lot of work into this board, I had no problems donating a few bucks to help the cause.</p>

</p>

I may be re-hashing a lot of what's been said, but I do have some concerns about censorship and how the boards will be run down the line.  But, in the end, I figure if I don't like how they are run, I'll stop going on them.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I understand that concern, but again, CCS is a big boy website. Just like us. As long as posts are reasonable, of course, and not threatening or illegal. This isn't a website run by the Chicago Blackhawks, or any major sports outlet. This isn't CSN Chicago. It's a fan run site that promotes discussion just like we do — in other words, there's no pressure from anyone above to be PC.</p>

</p>

There is a line, as there always has been. Even here. There are posts deleted from time to time, but we don't control the discussion. We can help guide the discussion, and if there is a post that absolutely disrupts the community "IE: I HOPE _____ DIES IN A FIRE AND I WILL SHIT IN HIS MOUTH!!!" Then yeah, that's not appropriate, it's over the top, and I will step in (or anyone on the moderation staff) and possibly hide/delete the post depending on whether or not we believe it is over the line. But other than that, the line is pretty close to the edge of the cliff.</p>

</p>

We are all adults, we can handle ourselves. That's always how we've done things here... and that's how we would continue to do things there.</p>

</p>

Again, I may not shoulder all the responsibility that it takes, but remember I will still represent our community as I have the last five years as an administrator, the difference is I'll have help from people with experience, and people that can handle the responsibilities.</p>

</p>

I'm not saying people here can't do it, I just don't think anyone would really want to in the long haul... after all, people come here to post, have a laugh, and enjoy the shit flinging. It's not a short term solution I'm looking at here, it's one that will work for the long-term. </p>
</div>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jakobeast" data-cid="211261" data-time="1381947936">
<div>

I spose it makes sense to not have Dany as an option.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Haha, I would... but that would just ruin the poll results. In this case, I think we're better off saving Dany for another day.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ton DeFrancesco" data-cid="211274" data-time="1381949271">
<div>

</p>
<div> </div>
<div>

</p>

I understand that concern, but again, CCS is a big boy website. Just like us. As long as posts are reasonable, of course, and not threatening or illegal. This isn't a website run by the Chicago Blackhawks, or any major sports outlet. This isn't CSN Chicago. It's a fan run site that promotes discussion just like we do — in other words, there's no pressure from anyone above to be PC.</p>

</p>

There is a line, as there always has been. Even here. There are posts deleted from time to time, but we don't control the discussion. We can help guide the discussion, and if there is a post that absolutely disrupts the community "IE: I HOPE _____ DIES IN A FIRE AND I WILL SHIT IN HIS MOUTH!!!" Then yeah, that's not appropriate, it's over the top, and I will step in (or anyone on the moderation staff) and possibly hide/delete the post depending on whether or not we believe it is over the line. But other than that, the line is pretty close to the edge of the cliff.</p>

</p>

We are all adults, we can handle ourselves. That's always how we've done things here... and that's how we would continue to do things there.</p>

</p>

Again, I may not shoulder all the responsibility that it takes, but remember I will still represent our community as I have the last five years as an administrator, the difference is I'll have help from people with experience, and people that can handle the responsibilities.</p>

</p>

I'm not saying people here can't do it, I just don't think anyone would really want to in the long haul... after all, people come here to post, have a laugh, and enjoy the shit flinging. It's not a short term solution I'm looking at here, it's one that will work for the long-term. </p>
</div>

</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

But we just gave Stu his name back.... now we have to ban him again?</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
At this point, I really don't care anymore. It sounds like their is no alternative anymore and waiting for a "sensible decision" is just waiting for everyone else to feel the same way and not care.

Move the site and just be done with it, it's the only option that is really being given.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I like that this thread in two days has gotten about 20 percent the number of views as the two main obama threads put together... (use those as an example because they are usually the most active). If nothing else that shows that while things may have trailed off some due to cup hangover and such, there are still plenty of folks here that are passionate and dedicated to this site no matter what happens. 1800 views and 272 posts in about 2 days ain't too shabby.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ton DeFrancesco" data-cid="211274" data-time="1381949271">
<div>

</p>
<div> </div>
<div>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</div>

</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Of course, I've had boards for a while when I was younger and really I don't want to get into it again.  I like the way this one is generally run because you can "criticise the holy" and the worst that happens is you're expected to back up your claims.  I've been on some where mods will threaten to ban you--just because they're mods and they have an inferiority complex.  Then you have the O-boards where you critique the holiest of the holy and you're banned even if you can back it up.</p>

</p>

So, since CCS is a general Chicago sports site, what happens if I make some comment about "I prefer the sport of Hockey to the Standing around of Gridiorn football" with a breakdown of the actual amount of time the ball was in play in the last bears gane and some hardcore bears fan mod gets an acute case of sand-in-vagin-itis?  At least here the banter may get heated, but in general there's an understanding of a differeing opinion.  Back there, we might be forced to deal with a real asshole who never got past taking his ball home from the playround.</p>

</p>

Personally, I'm cool with it because i can just go to another site, but I do understand that there are some people who have been here since day 1 that don't want to hand the reigns over to an unknown, and really, how can they be given any guarentee that if/when CCS takes over that it will be business as usual over here for perpetuity?</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="211282" data-time="1381949850">
<div>

At this point, I really don't care anymore. It sounds like their is no alternative anymore and waiting for a "sensible decision" is just waiting for everyone else to feel the same way and not care.

Move the site and just be done with it, it's the only option that is really being given.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

That is the option we are discussing right now, yes.</p>

</p>

If it doesn't hold up, then we can find another solution, and have another discussion about it.</p>

</p>

One step at a time.</p>

</p>

I'm not sure how much more fair I can really make this. We need everyone to vote with an honest answer. If it's a no, then we explore secondary options. Waiting for a sensible decision doesn't mean I'm waiting for everyone not to care... I just want people to think about it. This isn't a spur of the moment decision.</p>

</p>

If you vote yes, that means you are open to merging and want to be a part of it. If you vote no, you want no part in the merge and will not support it. There are two options, I'm giving two options. Again, lets tackle one solution at a time. If this one isn't supported by the community, I will work on finding another solution that I believe can work in the long-term.</p>

</p>

I'm sorry, but shared responsibilities is like, at the bottom of the list... I'm sure I can come up with other solutions that can work, but I'm focused on this one right now because I think it's the best solution for the long-term health of our community.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="211285" data-time="1381950344">
<div>

Of course, I've had boards for a while when I was younger and really I don't want to get into it again.  I like the way this one is generally run because you can "criticise the holy" and the worst that happens is you're expected to back up your claims.  I've been on some where mods will threaten to ban you--just because they're mods and they have an inferiority complex.  Then you have the O-boards where you critique the holiest of the holy and you're banned even if you can back it up.</p>

</p>

<u>(1)</u> So, since CCS is a general Chicago sports site, what happens if I make some comment about "I prefer the sport of Hockey to the Standing around of Gridiorn football" with a breakdown of the actual amount of time the ball was in play in the last bears gane and some hardcore bears fan mod gets an acute case of sand-in-vagin-itis?  At least here the banter may get heated, but in general there's an understanding of a differeing opinion.  Back there, <u>(2)</u> we might be forced to deal with a real asshole who never got past taking his ball home from the playround.</p>

</p>

Personally, I'm cool with it because i can just go to another site, but I do understand that there are some people who have been here since day 1 that don't want to hand the reigns over to an unknown, and really, <u>(3)</u> how can they be given any guarentee that if/when CCS takes over that it will be business as usual over here for perpetuity?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

(1) Haha if you can come up with that breakdown, I would be thoroughly entertained, and I'm sure most would agree. The guy with sand in his vagina, well that's just that, he's got sand in his vagina.</p>

</p>

(2) That happens everywhere. Even here.</p>

</p>

(3) We will run their Blackhawks section, I will be involved, and as long as the staff wants to keep their titles as moderators, they would be involved as well.</p>

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ton DeFrancesco" data-cid="211251" data-time="1381944387">
<div>

Again, as much as I know everyone here loves to post here... how many people really think they can haul the ship in the long run? Is this a short term solution or a long term solution, that is being suggested?</p>

</p>

How long before people get sick of donating? How long before someone decides they can't handle a certain responsibility?</p>

</p>

The fact is, no one comes here to work. They come here to take a load off and talk shit to their fellow Blackhawks fans. Essentially, this is an online bar. When you go to a bar and the staff asked you to throw out the trash, wash some dishes, be a bouncer for the night, or pay the bills... even if you loved that bar, eventually you'd say "fuck it, I just want to drink"...</p>

</p>

Most here come here to post. I'm looking for a long-term solution, and Rush has a solid foundation in CCS. One that can flourish, and one that I think is the best option for us. Which is why I'm presenting it, but if it's a "NO" majority, then I can start to look at other options. Right now, I want to focus on the best option, which I believe in. If it's a no, that's fine, we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.</p>

</p>

These are great questions, I appreciate it.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Like I said I'd do it.  I am a single guy and make almost 6 figures a year, the financial aspect isn't a big deal and I sit in front of a computer all day, addressing issues with the site wouldn't be a big deal.  Just throwing it out there.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Super Douchiev" data-cid="211294" data-time="1381951993">
<div>

Like I said I'd do it.  I am a single guy and make almost 6 figures a year, the financial aspect isn't a big deal and I sit in front of a computer all day, addressing issues with the site wouldn't be a big deal.  Just throwing it out there.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Well, lets talk. PM me.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd work with TSD, if he could handle the smell.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts: