IHN and my time (Please read, everyone)

R K

Ego you fucK?  I talked to tony personally the other night about the situation.  Anytime your coward ass would like to say one fucking thing to my face you let me know.  You might be spitting out your fucking teeth just after.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Do yourself a favor and put me back on ignore. That way the only time you have to whine about seeing my posts is when you voluntarily choose to read them when someone quotes it.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Injured_player_eating_popcorn.gif
</p>

R K

You are on ignore, I never removed you.  I happened to be logged off.  I figures since you chose to TROLL me I figured I'd respond.  Like I said many of us know each other outside of this forum.  While you are and have always been here to troll.  It's no secret.  Keep trolling karma might just bite you in the ass.</p>

</p>

Over the top, maybe, but you asked for it.  Directly.</p>

</p>

Tony knows how I feel.  He knew it 4 years ago when this same situation arose itself.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="211186" data-time="1381893381">
<div>

Injured_player_eating_popcorn.gif
</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

The funny thing is he thinks that post was in direct response just for him. Which that in itself is telling.  It was to all the posts in opposition to the idea, because that's all I've really gleaned from this thread, that people don't want this to happen mostly because it would be something "beneath us" to do.</p>

</p>

Has anyone considered that it's not just a "sideways" move that it's not just something that would be done because Ton doesn't want to handle all the work that goes along with but that it's also something that can help grow this message board, get more activity? Because that's all it really is.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="211190" data-time="1381894266">
<div>

The funny thing is he thinks that post was in direct response just for him. Which that in itself is telling.  It was to all the posts in opposition to the idea, because that's all I've really gleaned from this thread, that people don't want this to happen mostly because it would be something "beneath us" to do.</p>

</p>

Has anyone considered that it's not just a "sideways" move that it's not just something that would be done because Ton doesn't want to handle all the work that goes along with but that it's also something that can help grow this message board, get more activity? Because that's all it really is.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I, like so many others have been around since the exodus from the Os.</p>

I like the site and the community that it represents.  All I want is clarification, transparency on what's up.  That's all.  I feel that my questions have been partially answered, and that's fine (and it's quite possible Ton has no answers to give).  I'm used to it.  I have let my feelings be known in the past on what IHN should and shouldn't be.  Some of those opinions fell on deaf ears, so be it.  I'm like Spock on the matter, I have no ego to bruise.</p>

I would rather have a group of us that know each other to continue the site, in my opinion that would be ideal.  I have said here and in other conversations that the decision is truly not mine to make.  Does the matter raise concerns?  You bet.  I always tread cautiously into new territory, even if it's sold under the possible guise of a lateral transfer.  I want what's best for all of us.  The problem is I'm getting a promise from someone I don't know, except for his posts on the internet.  It doesn't make cutsizzle a bad individual, I just don't know what the deal is because there's really no road mapped out.

Perhaps I tend to overreact, but I think this me being more cautious than paranoid.  If that makes me bad or a butt to your conversation, so be it.

</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
I just don't understand how what is being proposed threatens any of that. I don't see it. I'm assuming you trust Ton, so when he says, several times now, the message board would still be under the control of the people here who have always had it, I don't see the problem existing anymore. Because when I first started reading this thread, that was my concern as well. That things would change, there would be a new "leadership group" and that we would have to play by their rules. Reading on and seeing as how those have all become unfounded fears, what else is it that poses a problem? Judging by a lot of the responses, ego. The "we're better than that" type of attitude.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="211192" data-time="1381896852">
<div>

I just don't understand how what is being proposed threatens any of that. I don't see it. I'm assuming you trust Ton, so when he says, several times now, the message board would still be under the control of the people here who have always had it, I don't see the problem existing anymore. Because when I first started reading this thread, that was my concern as well. That things would change, there would be a new "leadership group" and that we would have to play by their rules. Reading on and seeing as how those have all become unfounded fears, what else is it that poses a problem? Judging by a lot of the responses, ego. The "we're better than that" type of attitude.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

With all due respect, you really don't have a clue.

I'm not stating that to be an asshole, but to be clear on your ignorance to the subject matter.

Please don't make assumptions about me or my feelings on the matter when you don't have all of the facts.</p>

</p>

</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Well then you tell me, please. Because I can't go off anything else other than what Ton says and what people are posting here. So now I'm the one asking for clarification. What is it to you in this potential move that threatens the message board? I must be missing something and I'm not the only one that seems to be confused about this.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shame on me for falling into that troll post. </p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
What the fuck are you talking about? It's a honest question, one that others have asked as well.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="211196" data-time="1381898477">
<div>

Shame on me for falling into that troll post. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I respond by knocking out teeth, you respond through articulation, yet both result in the same ending.  I LOL'ed!!! That what makes this place great.</p>

</p>

Variable you have been a troll since you joined this forum.  You joined this forum with the sole purpose of trolling.  We aren't stupid nor are most of the folks here.</p>

</p>

Tony have your vote and see what the results are, then move the forum and be done with it since I'm sure you made that decision before you brought it up in the Mod forum.  If you don't, then you don't.  That would actually surprise me though.</p>

</p>

</p>

See many of you at skate where we raise some money to hopefully help find a cure for Pancreatic Cancer.  Something, unlike this bs here, that really means something in the end.</p>

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
I have been wrestling with this for a few days now. And I still don't know if I have all the information I need to vote my conscience. </p>

</p>

I will say this....I wouldn't mind a few fresh posters. Don't get me wrong, I really do enjoy the regulars here, and the history we have, but a fresh perspective never hurt no one. </p>

</p>

Whether a few new folks are achieved through CCS or just the regular way, whatever.</p>

</p>

But again, I don't know.</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jakobeast" data-cid="211200" data-time="1381907695">
<div>

I have been wrestling with this for a few days now. And I still don't know if I have all the information I need to vote my conscience. </p>

</p>

I will say this....I wouldn't mind a few fresh posters. Don't get me wrong, I really do enjoy the regulars here, and the history we have, but a fresh perspective never hurt no one. </p>

</p>

Whether a few new folks are achieved through CCS or just the regular way, whatever.</p>

</p>

But again, I don't know.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

New posters may or may not be a good thing ..... Frank G.,  The People love Flowers, Hawkfan 50 the rambler without paragraphs. and then Variables twin sister "<span style="color:rgb(238,130,238);"><span style="font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;">LadyHawk</span></span><span style="font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;">" <span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">to mention a few. I pop over to the O's once in a while and it reminds me of why I came here.</span></span></p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Stu gets banned for how long...and Variatroll continues to stay</p>

</p>

Its that trolling that I don't want to come back...and why I (and many others), left the O boards</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can someone explain how Variable is trolling? All I see is differing opinions, which is most of the time well articulated, which is then dismissed with quips and accusations of trolling? Is having a differing opinion trolling now?

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="211182" data-time="1381892851">

Because ego.</p>
</blockquote>

Ego, yes and in the proper use of the term, but not egotism. Which is what I suspect you meant.

There is that aspect of creative control, or flexibility, and who has the final say. That is a big part of what makes this place worthwhile to visit.

Right now it is very much known where the final say will sit. Moving to an environment where the final say changes may also be a final say that will rub the flexibility and creative control most like about this place.

So no egotism.</p>

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="211194" data-time="1381898056">
<div>

Well then you tell me, please. Because I can't go off anything else other than what Ton says and what people are posting here. So now I'm the one asking for clarification. What is it to you in this potential move that threatens the message board? I must be missing something and I'm not the only one that seems to be confused about this.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I think I can articulate what people are thinking.  If IHN merges with CCS it is then part of CCS regardless of what anyone says.  For such a conspiracy theorist such as yourself, why you dont even remotely question who will be in control of the site after this is astonishing, considering historically, with companies when these sorts of "you will still have total control" comments are made, its just to butter the bread.  For an example you can understand....EA and pretty much ANY developer they have purchased.</p>

</p>

I mean if you honestly think CCS hence forward will just let IHN be run with a free hand by Ton or whoever  indefinitely, is just a pipe dream. In the history of anything merging or being acquired this has happened no times ever.</p>

</p>

Ultimately regardless of what anyone says, Tony put most of the work and financial backing into the site, regardless of whose "idea" the site was etc.  So in my opinion though, it is his decision as to what he wants to do with it, i donated some money once, I hardly feel that qualifies me to tell the person who has put all the work and most of the financials into the site, what he can or can't do with it, whether I agree with him or not.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Super Douchiev" data-cid="211209" data-time="1381936325">
<div>

I think I can articulate what people are thinking.  Regardless of what anyone says, if IHN merges with CCS it is then part of CCS regardless of what anyone says.  For such a conspiracy theorist such as yourself, why you dont even remotely question who will be in control of the site after this is astonishing, considering historically, with companies when these sorts of "you will still have total control" comments are made, its just to butter the bread.  For an example you can understand....EA and pretty much ANY developer they have purchased.</p>

</p>

I mean if you honestly think CCS hence forward will just let IHN be run with a free hand by Ton or whoever  indefinitely, is just a pipe dream. In the history of anything merging or being acquired this has happened no times ever.</p>

</p>

Ultimately regardless of what anyone says, Tony put most of the work and financial backing into the site, regardless of whose "idea" the site was etc.  So in my opinion though, it is his decision as to what he wants to do with it, i donated some money once, I hardly feel that qualifies me to tell the person who has put all the work and most of the financials into the site, what he can or can't do with it, whether I agree with him or not.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Good post.

</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok, i am gonna be the bad guy here... Mostly because I am waiting for some work to finish so here it is...</p>

</p>

</p>

Y'all care WAY too much about this! </p>

</p>

Not that it isnt entertaining but discussion of the site is now "my dad can beat up your dad".</p>

</p>

Put up a poll, if you can restrict it to registered members, and leave it for a few days.</p>

</p>

If the vote to not move is there, Super Douchery has said he will take over the site, can get with Ton, and transfer.</p>

</p>

If the vote to move is there, I am sure Ton will help facilitate it. </p>

</p>

Put up the vote, dont allow comments, and we move forth.</p>