IHN and my time (Please read, everyone)

Cutsizzle

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="211039" data-time="1381858746">
<div>

Sizzle, you can't bullshit a bullshitter.

You also can't tell me money is not in this or part of this.

You want to merge us over to increase traffic and increase potential new posters. We will be your marketing tool for bringing people in. "Look we are a one stop shop for all Chicago sports talk, we have a huge dedicated group of posters for all Chicago sports". This in turn will bring in new folks. Thus your traffic and profits go up however much.

Problem is, most of us won't go, nor are you certain if we do go that we will help your site. Admit it or not, you're running a small business and you can't say nothing will change for what you view as the betterment of your site.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

If profits go up, they go up. However they literally have zero to do with me reaching out to Ton. IHN is not generating substantial revenue. I believe it's making barely enough to cover operating costs (if that). I'm interested in having a more active Blackhawks presence. If that means candy, hookers, and dollar bills rain upon my head as well, that is pretty cool too. </p>

</p>

If it happens, I'm stoked. If it doesn't, that's fine as well. I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't attempt to reach out and try to better my site and community. I am never content with where I, or something is at, in my life. If it can be better....shoot higher. </p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="211077" data-time="1381863985">
<div>

Yea but no one fucking cares about that place.  Keep on Slinking bag of dick o mod on the officials.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

<3 U 2</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
lol your last post is full of so many holes. Nobody takes on another site and all the bandwidth and other fees without the idea of improving and growing it which leads to $$. If that's the actual case, that's it's not about money, then for you it's a terrible business move.

My vote is no.

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Cutsizzle" data-cid="211097" data-time="1381867202">
<div>

If profits go up, they go up. However they literally have zero to do with me reaching out to Ton. IHN is not generating substantial revenue. I believe it's making barely enough to cover operating costs (if that). I'm interested in having a more active Blackhawks presence. If that means candy, hookers, and dollar bills rain upon my head as well, that is pretty cool too. </p>

</p>

If it happens, I'm stoked. If it doesn't, that's fine as well. I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't attempt to reach out and try to better my site and community. I am never content with where I, or something is at, in my life. If it can be better....shoot higher. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Yeah I don't get this weird reaction, like there's some malevolent intent behind all of this. I mean things would literally remain almost exactly the same for all of us here if we wanted it to. I didn't even know or really care about all the content, threads, posts being transferred over, but now that that's been confirmed, I really don't see the issue with a possible move at all. The only thing that may change is that there might be some new people that actually post here. Don't see how that would be a bad thing.</p>

</p>

Speaking for myself, I know there aren't that many people here that really discuss other sports, but I definitely wouldn't mind having a larger community that  also discusses baseball and basketball and football. Currently there's like 3 other people that do that here.</p>

Cutsizzle

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="211100" data-time="1381868539">
<div>

lol your last post is full of so many holes. Nobody takes on another site and all the bandwidth and other fees without the idea of improving and growing it which leads to $$. If that's the actual case, that's it's not about money, then for you it's a terrible business move.

My vote is no.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

My cost/bandwidth/usage isn't going to go up. I am already on a great hosting plan that is completely paid for through the next 2 years regardless of growth. </p>

</p>

The only fee I would have to pay is the merging of SQL databases. Outside of that I don't have any fees to pay. If wanting my site to be more well-rounded with more activity is a bad business move, sign me up and call me Jerry Angelo. </p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
No it's not, but saying it's not for the value it could potentially bring in ie $$$ is a lie.

Again, why not link this boards URL to your site and you keep the fluff? The answer that you keep dodging is that then you don't have control and won't see any of the benefits whether it's a large or small amount of money.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Ton, let me ask this. Is there anyway you will keep the site? If so what needs to happen and what can we do?

If the answer is no, move the site and just accept that the reality is you may lose some members.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Serious question...

Why does anyone care who owns the site if the boards are going to stay intact and basically unchanged?

If Ton doesn't have the time or drive to continue any more... let the man breathe.

Really don't understand the push back by some of you.

Unless I'm missing something here...

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't realize this thread was gonna get this intense.</p>

</p>

If everyone is that against it.  I'll offer to take on the cost and run the site, unless for some reason you really want to merge with CCS.</p>

</p>

If the whole worry is the site being out of the hands of the community which influenced its creation.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
But....it wouldn't. That's why I don't get this reaction. If anything it may even be better, maybe get a few new faces in here.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimson" data-cid="211122" data-time="1381873860">
<div>

Serious question...

Why does anyone care who owns the site if the boards are going to stay intact and basically unchanged?

If Ton doesn't have the time or drive to continue any more... let the man breathe.

Really don't understand the push back by some of you.

Unless I'm missing something here...</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

That's fine go breath.  There are plenty of us to do the work without selling out for peanuts for absolutely nothing.  </p>

</p>

And no matter how hard they try it will not be the same. </p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Super Douchiev" data-cid="211123" data-time="1381874051">
<div>

I didn't realize this thread was gonna get this intense.</p>

</p>

If everyone is that against it.  I'll offer to take on the cost and run the site, unless for some reason you really want to merge with CCS.</p>

</p>

If the whole worry is the site being out of the hands of the community which influenced its creation.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Yes, there are plenty that will take on some more responsibility, and many that don't really care about the front page.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
I'm seriously offended by a lot of comments in here.</p>

</p>

Thanks to the guys that actually understand the situation.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Thing I don't understand is the sentiment that is being put forth that we would be losing something or that we're "selling out", whatever the fuck that means. Tonight is a pretty good example. There's a game going on right now. We got, what, 2 new posts in the GDT, one by myself, and zero people in the chat. What exactly are we losing by going into a bigger community? It can't possibly be worse.</p>

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ton DeFrancesco" data-cid="211131" data-time="1381879920">
<div>

I'm seriously offended by a lot of comments in here.</p>

</p>

Thanks to the guys that actually understand the situation.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I feel your frustration as well Ton.</p>

</p>

I see both points but the hostility in some responses is unwarranted. Then again, you could kind of take that as a positive. We like what we have become and knowing where we came from you can understand the concern I am sure.</p>

</p>

We can and should be civilized in the discussion............   with that said you can make it easier on yourself and others if you just say what you really want to do. I get the impression that you are ready to move on and that CCS is a place to park us. We are big boys and girls here don't worry about offending. As you know from the posters here, you are not going to please everyone.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="IceHogsFan" data-cid="211134" data-time="1381880517">
<div>

</p>

I see both points but the hostility in some responses is unwarranted. Then again, you could kind of take that as a positive. We like what we have become and knowing where we came from you can understand the concern I am sure.</p>

</p>

We can and should be civilized in the discussion............   with that said you can make it easier on yourself and others if you just say what you really want to do. I get the impression that you are ready to move on and that CCS is a place to park us. We are big boys and girls here don't worry about offending. As you know from the posters here, you are not going to please everyone.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Yes. Ultimately, I feel like that is the best path. At the same time, I've ALWAYS been here to service the community. I've donated my time for five years. It's a group decision, always has been and that's how we do things. I think it's a way to move forward, if most don't, then who am I to stop that?</p>

</p>

I'm not "moving on" per say. As Cutsizzle said, I would be an admin on CCS. It's not parking anyone, it's a place to keep going. Although I don't have the time to do everything, I can obviously still contribute to a certain extent and again, I will still do everything I can there, as I have here.</p>

</p>

I don't want to lose anyone here, I love this place. Not because we are IHN, but because we are a great community. I don't care what we call ourselves, although I also think we should keep the domain and name because there is some emotional attachment to it, and I feel the same way. But ultimately, it's the people. Not the place.</p>

</p>

I've talked to Cutsizzle for years now. He's along the same mentality. And to be honest, I couldn't give two fucks about 300 level or Millers. No offense to them, but they will never amount to anything. They won't. It's harsh, but that's the truth. CCS may not be a 100% Blackhawk community, but their mentality is right on to be successful without compromising the value that the members receive from the website, and that's the ultimate goal.</p>

</p>

If we can't be a part of it, I will be disappointed, but (I hope) that doesn't destroy what we have here. I just think it's the best option going forward.</p>

</p>

Lastly, I want to reassure everyone that there will be a vote. The vote will be anonymous, so there is no pressure. What do you guys think is fair?</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="IceHogsFan" data-cid="211134" data-time="1381880517">
<div>

</p>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

</p>

You are a piece of work man.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ton DeFrancesco" data-cid="211137" data-time="1381881299">
<div>

Yes. Ultimately, I feel like that is the best path. At the same time, I've ALWAYS been here to service the community. I've donated my time for five years. It's a group decision, always has been and that's how we do things.</p>

</p>

I'm not "moving on" per say. As Cutsizzle said, I would be an admin on CCS. It's not parking anyone, it's a place to keep going. Although I don't have the time to do everything, I can obviously still contribute to a certain extent and again, I will still do everything I can there, as I have here.</p>

</p>

I don't want to lose anyone here, I love this place. Not because we are IHN, but because we are a great community. I don't care what we call ourselves, although I also think we should keep the domain and name because there is some emotional attachment to it, and I feel the same way. But ultimately, it's the people. Not the place.</p>

</p>

I've talked to Cutsizzle for years now. He's along the same mentality. And to be honest, I couldn't give two fucks about 300 level or Millers. No offense to them, but they will never amount to anything. They won't. It's harsh, but that's the truth. CCS may not be a 100% Blackhawk community, but their mentality is right on to be successful without compromising the value that the members receive from the website, and that's the ultimate goal.</p>

</p>

If we can't be a part of it, I will be disappointed, but (I hope) that doesn't destroy what we have here. I just think it's the best option going forward.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

But again it's really not your decision to make.  It's a collective decision.   I have seen many examples here that would alleviate some of the issues you have and you have not commented on any of them.</p>

</p>

If your decision is made based on the above.  Do it.  We'll just pack our shit and proceed with our plans.</p>

</p>

Like Mr. pat himself on his back says, we are all big boys.  We'll do what we have to do.</p>

R K

There is an old saying about breaking bridges.  Take that to heart.</p>

</p>

Extremely disappointed.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="211140" data-time="1381881727">
<div>

There is an old saying about breaking bridges.  Take that to heart.</p>

</p>

Extremely disappointed.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

At what? That we are going to vote on this?</p>