IHN and my time (Please read, everyone)

Cutsizzle

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="210978" data-time="1381848540">
<div>

If we want to get bigger there are better ways to do it than to join forces with people who already don't talk about hockey. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

You had some very valid concerns and questions. Thank you for putting them together in a cohesive manner too, with good flow from point to point. </p>

</p>

While ChiCitySports doesn't have the MOST active Blackhawks board around by any means. It isn't as if the site has zero hockey fans. </p>

</p>

Our game threads get comparable traffic. It isn't as active but by no means is it a "complete" ghost town. </p>

</p>

Our Hawks-vs-Blues Thread - 32 Posts </p>

IHN Hawks-vs-Blues Thread - 27 Posts</p>

</p>

Our Hawks-vs-Lightning Thread - 21 Posts </p>

IHN Hawks-vs-Lightning Thread - 31 Posts </p>

</p>

Our Hawks-vs-Capitals Season Opener Thread - 89 Posts </p>

IHN Hawks-vs-Capitals Season Opener Thread - 82 Posts </p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Supra" data-cid="211001" data-time="1381852737">
<div>

But we can see who gets bored first. Him or us. I'm willing to see how long it takes before he gets tired of registering.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

You have better things to do with your time.  Notice TCD isn't around?  PMX?   Maybe part of the community like him.  Just a thought.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="210998" data-time="1381852598">
<div>

Maybe Mr Sizzle already has one??</p>

</p>

I think Mass has a great post and agree 100% other than we can admin certain things without being Mods.  There is a difference.  If we need people to update shit.</p>

</p>

I have no desire to be a mod, then I can't just tell you to fuck off, but I would be more than happy to update shit on the "splash" page, fix chat on and off, stupid shit.  NO problem at all.  If that's where things are lacking.</p>

</p>

NO ONE wants STU to do anything but GDT's!  He's good at them.</p>

</p>

And Mass for the record now if he fucks up, you've given him the final chance, it's his fate.  I mean, he's got 1000 IP's wtf does it matter you can't "Ban" him anyway.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Damn straight.

I just posted the Carolina thread.  Boooooorrrring.

</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Supra" data-cid="211001" data-time="1381852737">
<div>

But we can see who gets bored first. Him or us. I'm willing to see how long it takes before he gets tired of registering.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

You just don't get it.

</p>

chasman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-time="1381852860" data-cid="211004" data-author="R K">

You have better things to do with your time.  Notice TCD isn't around?  PMX?   Maybe part of the community like him.  Just a thought.</p></blockquote>TCD is on face book a lot , like me

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Cutsizzle" data-cid="211003" data-time="1381852848">
<div>

You had some very valid concerns and questions. Thank you for putting them together in a cohesive manner too, with good flow from point to point. </p>

</p>

While ChiCitySports doesn't have the MOST active Blackhawks board around by any means. It isn't as if the site has zero hockey fans. </p>

</p>

Our game threads get comparable traffic. It isn't as active but by no means is it a "complete" ghost town. </p>

</p>

Our Hawks-vs-Blues Thread - 32 Posts </p>

IHN Hawks-vs-Blues Thread - 27 Posts</p>

</p>

Our Hawks-vs-Lightning Thread - 21 Posts </p>

IHN Hawks-vs-Lightning Thread - 31 Posts </p>

</p>

Our Hawks-vs-Capitals Season Opener Thread - 89 Posts </p>

IHN Hawks-vs-Capitals Season Opener Thread - 82 Posts </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

While true the person that creates the threads was in the penalty box.  IE those threads here were created LATE.  As you can see as of this morning there was yet a thread for tonights game. </p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="211006" data-time="1381853093">
<div>

Damn straight.

I just posted the Carolina thread.  Boooooorrrring.

</p>

</p>

You just don't get it.

</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

He doesn't, which is fine.  He should just come back to the real world and be one of us.  You and Mass are fine for mods, this board polices itself.</p>

</p>

I also understand not wanting Stu to be back, he has a tendency to be out of control, but he had help there, it wasn't all him.</p>

Cutsizzle

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="211009" data-time="1381853377">
<div>

While true the person that creates the threads was in the penalty box.  IE those threads here were created LATE.  As you can see as of this morning there was yet a thread for tonights game. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Ours are created late too because they post them the day of usually, with the exception of the season opener. </p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="chasman" data-cid="211007" data-time="1381853131">
<div>

TCD is on face book a lot , like me</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Exactly why traffic here is down.  Other mediums.  It's the same everywhere.  Moving it isn't going to change that. </p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Cutsizzle" data-cid="211011" data-time="1381853509">
<div>

Ours are created late too because they post them the day of usually, with the exception of the season opener. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Yea I read some of that.  I'd be not long before I explained to the band wagon to Fuck Off.  No question. </p>

R K

Take the Chat for example.  I pushed hard for that GD Chat.  When I was still more active.  It was my baby.  And for the most part we had LOTS of users in it during most of the games.</p>

</p>

I'd be more than happy to take that on.  Again the SR. Members here can keep things going and or up to date even if Tony doesn't have the time, desire, motivation to do so.</p>

</p>

Why are we moving again?  Cost?  Let's see what that is per year, because really that's part of the discussion.  Let's see how donations are brought in.  Ect ect...</p>

supraman

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="211004" data-time="1381852860">
<div>

You have better things to do with your time.  Notice TCD isn't around?  PMX?   Maybe part of the community like him.  Just a thought.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I can ramble off other people who aren't around either and they went away when he went crazy. Just a thought</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Just to clarify, I think Trev meant 150 active users not 15... And I think we are over 500 registered users, even if half of them are Stu.</p>

</p>

Also, You can't always go one to one on GDTs because as was mentioned they didn't get put up for reasons. And a lot of the stuff that gets discussed in GDTs at times gets it own thread or is being discussed elsewhere. We've also had a gameday thread go 20 pages long for one stupid play... it's the nature of the beast right now. We've also had a handful of our members not come back yet from their busy lives to jump back in. Part of that is cup hang over, part of that is short off season, part of that is no big news or Kaner bender to be controversial about.</p>

</p>

I get what you are saying though and I understand. I just go back to my main point of I don't understand the benefit to the community here on this board. I'm not saying their won't be. Or couldn't be, I just don't see a clear benefit to the group as a whole. Of course for Ton it will be better, but as I said before all of his concerns can be addressed within the community I believe.</p>

Cutsizzle

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="211016" data-time="1381853752">
<div>

Just to clarify, I think Trev meant 150 active users not 15... And I think we are over 500 registered users, even if half of them are Stu.</p>

</p>

Also, You can't always go one to one on GDTs because as was mentioned they didn't get put up for reasons. And a lot of the stuff that gets discussed in GDTs at times gets it own thread or is being discussed elsewhere. We've also had a gameday thread go 20 pages long for one stupid play... it's the nature of the beast right now. We've also had a handful of our members not come back yet from their busy lives to jump back in. Part of that is cup hang over, part of that is short off season, part of that is no big news or Kaner bender to be controversial about.</p>

</p>

I get what you are saying though and I understand. I just go back to my main point of I don't understand the benefit to the community here on this board. I'm not saying their won't be. Or couldn't be, I just don't see a clear benefit to the group as a whole. Of course for Ton it will be better, but as I said before all of his concerns can be addressed within the community I believe.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

While you may not see the clear benefit, there isn't a clear drawback either. It will be the same people, same mods, same rules, same usernames, same posts counts, same threads/posts brought over, same design (will tailor Blackhawks area to fit IHN), etc. You will have the benefit of getting to meet some new posters who will assimilate into your "group" as well as some you'll want to call retards. </p>

</p>

The only potential issue I would be able to muster up if I was on the other side of the fence is "how do we insure this guy isn't going to go rogue and ban us for calling a new poster a Special person". Well....my answer to that is just view a couple of threads in the Bears forum. </p>

We will let people argue, we'll let you call people idiots, etc. We just ask that you doin't ruin the flow of discussion with 18 pages of "you're dumb" "no you're dumb" type of posts. </p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Cutsizzle" data-cid="211022" data-time="1381854330">
<div>

While you may not see the clear benefit, there isn't a clear drawback either. It will be the same people, same mods, same rules, same usernames, same posts counts, same threads/posts brought over, same design (will tailor Blackhawks area to fit IHN), etc. You will have the benefit of getting to meet some new posters who will assimilate into your "group" as well as some you'll want to call retards. </p>

</p>

The only potential issue I would be able to muster up if I was on the other side of the fence is "how do we insure this guy isn't going to go rogue and ban us for calling a new poster a Special person". Well....my answer to that is just view a couple of threads in the Bears forum. </p>

We will let people argue, we'll let you call people idiots, etc. We just ask that you doin't ruin the flow of discussion with 18 pages of "you're dumb" "no you're dumb" type of posts. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Go read any of the bigger threads in politics/religion.   It always ends in that.   That's part of what many of us like about this site.   They get to express their internet puppy dog mentality</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Cutsizzle" data-cid="211022" data-time="1381854330">
<div>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

You see, it always comes back to "Go Fuck Yourself" for me.</p>

</p>

I don't see this merge as a benefit for anyone.  Sorry, just don't see it.  Trev and I could Admin shit here very easily.  Paul and Mass can do a fine job of modding.</p>

</p>

I just don't see a benefit.</p>

Cutsizzle

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="211025" data-time="1381854775">
<div>

Go read any of the bigger threads in politics/religion.   It always ends in that.   That's part of what many of us like about this site.   They get to express their internet puppy dog mentality</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Sorry for the confusion, if you want to do that in our religion/politics section, go for it. I meant the Sports areas. </p>

Cutsizzle

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="211026" data-time="1381854807">
<div>

You see, it always comes back to "Go Fuck Yourself" for me.</p>

</p>

I don't see this merge as a benefit for anyone.  Sorry, just don't see it.  Trev and I could Admin shit here very easily.  Paul and Mass can do a fine job of modding.</p>

</p>

I just don't see a benefit.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

And that is completely fine. Some people are cool with change and a splash of new people. Some are fine with things how they are. </p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<div>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

I just can't be behind the argument that there may be no clear benefit, but there is no drawback... That to mean means it a moot point and we don't need to move. The clear drawback I see is there is a lot of uncertainty involved and it's risky. We may gain some people but we could just as easily lose some people.</p>

Cutsizzle

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="211031" data-time="1381855131">
<div>

I just can't be behind the argument that there may be no clear benefit, but there is no drawback... That to mean means it a moot point and we don't need to move. The clear drawback I see is there is a lot of uncertainty involved and it's risky. We may gain some people but we could just as easily lose some people.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

That isn't my central arguing point. However "there is no benefit" could be refuted with "there is no drawback" either. There are more benefits for Ton and anybody involved with the maintenance/financial aspects of running this site than the posters, who just post. </p>

</p>

It really stems from if you want a bit more activity (once we have people in the Blackhawks forum, the others will re-surface, comparable to an increase of what it's like here), and if you want to meet some more new people. If you 100% don't give a shit about meeting a single new poster and just keeping things how they are here, then I would understand how you see no benefit. </p>