IHN and my time (Please read, everyone)

Variable

Liked Posts:
But what control? They and Ton have said the hockey forum would be run and moderated by the same people that run this site. Again, what's the difference?</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="210929" data-time="1381802854">
<div>

It all makes sense now.</p>

Ton IS Variable.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Can we send Variable there and all of us stay here?  If so FUCK YEA!!!  </p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="210930" data-time="1381803870">
<div>

If we move, I doubt many will follow. It's not that the move is a bad thing, it's that we lose control despite what is being said at the end of the day. If CCS doesn't like something or wants to change, it doesn't matter what us posters want.

This to me is a $$$ move and as soon as they realize that much won't be earned, we will go by the wayside.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I have to 100% agree and have said this.  </p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="210934" data-time="1381804677">
<div>

I have to 100% agree and have said this.  </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Except that we've already clarified that is false.</p>

</p>

The Blackhawks section will still be run by us, there is no loss. I can't stress that enough.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ton DeFrancesco" data-cid="210936" data-time="1381806751">

Except that we've already clarified that is false.</p>
</blockquote>

C'mon Ton, why else would this guy want to bring a board that has about 15 active posters over besides increased Traffic which equals more money for him.

Again, you can go ahead and make the merge, I just don't believe your core will follow. I understand the pros very well, I just don't think at the end of the day though it's the absolute only option.

We've said why not just strip the site down to boards and chat. If money isn't that big of a deal, then we just donate more to keep the forums a float and keep on our merry way.

Creating the ultimate Chicago sports go to is nearly impossible with social media and other websites around. Look how tough it was for us to get this site going, and in 5 years we are still not that big. CCS already has a hockey section, and in the time they've had the site running, they haven't been able to get it off the ground. It's a very tough market and no offense to CCS, but being a one stop shop isn't like it once was.

So what is the point of moving? We've already established we would donate more to keep things a float. We've also already established a lesser content filled site would be less work for you. Is it really worth the hassle in the long run? As I've said numerous times already, the merger can and more than likely will happen, but I doubt the core here will follow.

So you're essentially back to square one, this time though, you don't have the core you once had.</p>

R K

And Tony I do not believe it's a Money grab either.  I understand your dedication, wants, and desires for this site.  And understand you don't have the time you want to make it better.  That said, it's better when it's exclusively "OURS" then when it's not.</p>

</p>

You know other than variable no one is going with you.  It's pretty clear.  Millers has 12-15 usual posters and minimal traffic going in and out and I don't see a problem there.  It runs just the way it runs.</p>

</p>

If you like it the way it is, and not has stripped down, have some of us admin the parts you like updated.  And or don't and strip them down to a splash pages that's easily updated and get yearly contributions to those of us that use the boards enough.  We've already contributed once, whats to say we won't again since some of us are here quite a bit.</p>

</p>

Why does it have to have finality.  Move because I think it's a good idea.  Those of us that started this thing here with you, don't.  Paul, Trev and Myself.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
For the record, I'm speaking as money for CCS. I know for you Ton it's not about the money.

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WickedWrister" data-cid="210939" data-time="1381808389">
<div>

TONY

NAME BACK

PLEASE</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Some one fix him so he can shut up.  Please for the love of God!</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="210941" data-time="1381809086">
<div>

For the record, I'm speaking as money for CCS. I know for you Ton it's not about the money.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Agreed.  And I would hope Tony would understand this.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="210941" data-time="1381809086">
<div>

For the record, I'm speaking as money for CCS. I know for you Ton it's not about the money.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Not to speak for Rush, but in your words, you said we have 15 active members (I mean, I'd give us a little more credit than that, lol)... I'm not sure how that equates to $$.</p>

</p>

I know for a fact, the bottom line is that CCS wants a more active, lively, Blackhawks section. He has the same passion I do, he wants the best community. I've talked to him for years now, not always about merging, but we've kept in touch. He's one in the same, I can vouch for that.</p>

</p>

I didn't realize that he wanted me to be an admin of CCS, but I think it would be appropriate if everyone is concerned with losing control. Although I don't really want all the responsibility, if it's split that could work, and I would take the title to represent our community and keep everyones thoughts in our best interest - something I do right now. That all comes down to whether or not you can trust me to carry that forward.</p>

R K

I trust you but do not trust them per say.  And as I said to you am not willing to have them take ownership of  the IHN Domain.  Do they want this board without the IHN Domain?  Because although you hold ownership on that domain it was created by Larry, at our request, for our site.  Then transferred over to you because he didn't want the hassle of it, or you to be hassled needing to use it in his name for issues with the site and such.</p>

</p>

When it's all said and done there won't be many that travel over there.  It just won't happen.</p>

</p>

And for the love of God fix Stu's name so at least we can get the GDT's back on track and on TIME!!</p>

</p>

TY...</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="210947" data-time="1381811367">
<div>

I trust you but do not trust them per say.  And as I said to you am not willing to have them take ownership of  the IHN Domain.  Do they want this board without the IHN Domain?  Because although you hold ownership on that domain it was created by Larry, at our request, for our site.  Then transferred over to you because he didn't want the hassle of it, or you to be hassled needing to use it in his name for issues with the site and such.</p>

</p>

When it's all said and done there won't be many that travel over there.  It just won't happen.</p>

</p>

And for the love of God fix Stu's name so at least we can get the GDT's back on track and on TIME!!</p>

</p>

TY...</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

LOL, Stu's username is on the back of the list.</p>

</p>

As far as the domain, I don't think CCS really wants that. I requested that we have the IHN domain redirect to the Blackhawks section, as well as a mention to IndianHeadNation in the template, and that's what would happen. I can still keep the domain if that's what is most concerning. That's not a problem at all.</p>

</p>

Again, I've talked with Rush for a couple years now. I can stand behind him and he's a great guy that really gets it. Perhaps that is the biggest barrier at the moment, but I think it's a good fit.</p>

</p>

I just want to remind everyone to keep an open mind here, but nothing is set in stone until we have a vote. The vote will be anonymous. We are in this together, and I will look out for the best interests in the community. I believe this is in our best interests to explore.</p>

R K

I think you have the answer from those of us that started it all but agree the vote will be telling IMO.  </p>

</p>

And yes the Domain remaining in "our" control concerns me and no matter the decision would want it to remain in our control in case anyone wanted to use it for the purpose of a message board.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Still don't really see the problem. If all most of us would really want is just a message board, where would the negatives be in being that message board as part of a bigger site that still goes by it's own rules? And which may get more activity from being part of said bigger site? Maybe more dialogue? Because, in all honesty, the season started a little while ago. And it's not exactly "hopping" around here.</p>

R K

Now is when I should take variable off ignore to see what she's saying as I did with IHF but I just can not bring myself to do it.</p>

</p>

At least you know Tony, variable will go with you.  That's one person to Admin for.  ROTFL!!!</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Eh?</p>

</p>

Here's my view. If you take www.indianheadnation.com, and redirect it to the forums hosted on CCS... I really don't give two shits. As long as the forums stay the forums, as they are here, I'm cool with whatever. Really, if all we're talking about is changing the host for the forums...who gives a fuck? If the forums can be moved over to CCS, and I can still hit the forums going through www.indianheadnation.com, OK.</p>

</p>

If it means wiping out these forums as we know them and starting from scratch over there, well, you're probably not going to get a lot of buy in on that. But if you keep www.indianheadnation.com alive, and have it redirected to INDIANHEADNATION forums as they currently exist, on CCS, what's the problem? As long as we aren't going to be told how to behave or what to post or not post, or lose all of the forum history we have here in the switch, I don't give two shits. Even if it turns out to not be what anyone thought, we just take our merry band of assholes back here. Pretty simple really.</p>

</p>

Moving forums to another host and redirecting traffic to a forum on another site is really simple shit. So, I hope that's what you're planning. If not, well, I'll probably just hang out at the 300level....</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="210943" data-time="1381809617">
<div>

Some one fix him so he can shut up.  Please for the love of God!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Is that really possible?</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="210959" data-time="1381823435">
<div>

Eh?</p>

</p>

Here's my view. If you take www.indianheadnation.com, and redirect it to the forums hosted on CCS... I really don't give two shits. As long as the forums stay the forums, as they are here, I'm cool with whatever. Really, if all we're talking about is changing the host for the forums...who gives a fuck? If the forums can be moved over to CCS, and I can still hit the forums going through www.indianheadnation.com, OK.</p>

</p>

If it means wiping out these forums as we know them and starting from scratch over there, well, you're probably not going to get a lot of buy in on that. But if you keep www.indianheadnation.com alive, and have it redirected to INDIANHEADNATION forums as they currently exist, on CCS, what's the problem? As long as we aren't going to be told how to behave or what to post or not post, or lose all of the forum history we have here in the switch, I don't give two shits. Even if it turns out to not be what anyone thought, we just take our merry band of assholes back here. Pretty simple really.</p>

</p>

Moving forums to another host and redirecting traffic to a forum on another site is really simple shit. So, I hope that's what you're planning. If not, well, I'll probably just hang out at the 300level....</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Nope, everything would be transferred over there. No re-registering or anything.</p>