IHN and my time (Please read, everyone)

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="210870" data-time="1381781214">
<div>

Penis or Balls? </p>

</p>

</p>

Or "shocking" BOTH!!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Maybe.</p>

</p>

</p>

But then again, I haven't seen my checkbook in quite some time either.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BiscuitInTheBasket2in17" data-cid="210880" data-time="1381782520">
<div>

Maybe.</p>

</p>

</p>

But then again, I haven't seen my checkbook in quite some time either.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Yea see I see my check book, I just don't have my credit cards.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm rags to riches, niggas I aint dumb...</p>

</p>

I got 99 problems but a bitch aint one...</p>

</p>

</p>

HIT MEH!</p>

supraman

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="210853" data-time="1381780123">
<div>

None of us like the assholes moderating this board, that's why they are moderators.</p>

</p>

What happens to the IHN Domain?  Because in reality that Domain is all of ours.  It was created by Larry for the sole purpose, at the direction of a few of us, for this site?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Hey fuck you. Excuse while I go play with my balls</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="210863" data-time="1381780653">
<div>

What are you offering for game day chats?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Good question, and will your chat room have a gay as fuck name like Chirp.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ton DeFrancesco" data-cid="210814" data-time="1381773759">
<div>

I've spent roughly $400 in the last year. You can cut some costs out, but most are essential IMO.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Is that 400$ total cost? </p>

</p>

If not, what is the total yearly cost with hosting and domain and anything?</p>

</p>

Seems a pretty easy decision... With the yearly cost, offer donations from the posters. If you hit the money for the year and someone wants to admin, IHN sticks around. If not, move it the other site. </p>

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Count Dante" data-cid="210893" data-time="1381785688">
<div>

Is that 400$ total cost? </p>

</p>

If not, what is the total yearly cost with hosting and domain and anything?</p>

</p>

Seems a pretty easy decision... With the yearly cost, offer donations from the posters. If you hit the money for the year and someone wants to admin, IHN sticks around. If not, move it the other site. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Yeah Ton what do you estimate the total cost is to run the site per year.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I think if we do stick around, to lighten the burden of the rest of the stuff, since we have such a great group of people here rely on some of them more heavily... Obviously the mods are the best around, but I hate twitter, get someone who likes it to take over the feed for you. Problem solved, and you get a better feed, and maybe more traffic, same for Facebook. I didn't realize it was 2600 people, I only see like one post every few days so maybe get someone who is already active there to take it over. Same results. I don't think anyone here is against more exposure, but really we're all here for the boards, and if we can do things to have more active boards that don't require the heavy resources of the rest of the site it can at the very least break even no problem. And you can still do all those other pieces as threads. My bookmark to this site takes me directly to the view new content page for the forums. I barely go to the main forums page except to check if the moderator forum changed... which it doesn't because we don't like each other.</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="210882" data-time="1381782621">
<div>

Yea see I see my check book, I just don't have my credit cards.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

What are these things called <slowly speaking> cred-it car-dz?</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
What if we did this:

Cut the fat that nobody uses and leave forums and chat.

For this upcoming year, 10 if us donate $40. If we need more we up it some or lower it. Once we get total we can fudge with it.

Whatever the forums bring in Adsense wise you pocket for the labor and admin duties or take 75% and kick back 25% to fees.

Next year we hold an IHN road watch whete you need to pay $5 cover or donate online for the funds to run the site. We could even do this twice a year to spread out the donations. We could do even Rockford road watched to see the icehogs.

Variable

Liked Posts:
I'm with Ton on this, I don't see reason enough to believe it shouldn't work. If it were to happen, don't really see the problem. Same mods, same rules (it seems like anyway), different address. So you'd have to get a new log in or something. What else would change?  If this really is about having a "close community" what difference does it really make where it's located? Especially if it's similar?</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="210907" data-time="1381789703">
<div>

What if we did this:

Cut the fat that nobody uses and leave forums and chat.

For this upcoming year, 10 if us donate $40. If we need more we up it some or lower it. Once we get total we can fudge with it.

Whatever the forums bring in Adsense wise you pocket for the labor and admin duties or take 75% and kick back 25% to fees.

Next year we hold an IHN road watch whete you need to pay $5 cover or donate online for the funds to run the site. We could even do this twice a year to spread out the donations. We could do even Rockford road watched to see the icehogs.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

What have people already donated.  I know I threw 50 bucks at it and there are a lot of others in green there too?</p>

</p>

I'd like to see the exact financials and see what it takes.  Not that I don't trust Tony, because I do, but we need to know exact costs..</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WickedWrister" data-cid="210912" data-time="1381793484">
<div>

give me my name back</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I agree give him his name back.</p>

</p>

And YOU stop dicking around while wearing your name!</p>

supraman

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WickedWrister" data-cid="210912" data-time="1381793484">
<div>

give me my name back</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

You do not have my vote. 50 bucks and I can be persuaded</p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Questions about the new site:

1. Can I say "cunt" over there? How aboot "cuntwaffle?"

2. Is douche-curtain Tab Bamford over there?

3. Do either fat pig Ladyhawk or Hockeybroad contribute?

4. Will Cid's ball be put on anything over there?

Seriously....Why not just go to Miller's site? It's the closest to this place, and Hawknut and Moron reside there.

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="210910" data-time="1381790181">
<div>

What have people already donated.  I know I threw 50 bucks at it and there are a lot of others in green there too?</p>

</p>

I'd like to see the exact financials and see what it takes.  Not that I don't trust Tony, because I do, but we need to know exact costs..</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

When I have time, I will do that. I'm not sure I can get all the info tonight, maybe tomorrow night.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
Here is a question I'm seeing come up a lot, and I'd like to address it:</p>

</p>

Why not cut the resources it takes to run the site, that way the burden on my shoulders is lessened, and no one will have to take over.</p>

</p>

My answer is simply the fact that we've come such a long way since the beginning, I feel like tearing everything down to make it easier is a step back - also that "fat" provided some income for us, the regulars may not use it, but those who lurk are the ones that click, without them there is no flow of ad money. I'd like to keep moving forward and build something great. At the same time, I understand how all of you feel.</p>

</p>

I'd like to keep the discussion open and eventually have a vote in a week or two. All I ask is for everyone to keep an open mind in the process. I truly believe that this is a step in the right direction, but it's not up to me. Everyone needs to be on board.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="puckjim" data-cid="210919" data-time="1381797577">
<div>

Questions about the new site:

1. Can I say "cunt" over there? How aboot "cuntwaffle?"

2. Is douche-curtain Tab Bamford over there?

3. Do either fat pig Ladyhawk or Hockeybroad contribute?

4. Will Cid's ball be put on anything over there?

Seriously....Why not just go to Miller's site? It's the closest to this place, and Hawknut and Moron reside there.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

You say that like it's a good thing... lol</p>

</p>

As far as 2, 3, and 4... I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Except maybe cids balls. As far as 1, I don't see why not.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="210909" data-time="1381790114">
<div>

I'm with Ton on this, I don't see reason enough to believe it shouldn't work. If it were to happen, don't really see the problem. Same mods, same rules (it seems like anyway), different address. So you'd have to get a new log in or something. What else would change?  If this really is about having a "close community" what difference does it really make where it's located? Especially if it's similar?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

It all makes sense now.</p>

Ton IS Variable.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
If we move, I doubt many will follow. It's not that the move is a bad thing, it's that we lose control despite what is being said at the end of the day. If CCS doesn't like something or wants to change, it doesn't matter what us posters want.

This to me is a $$$ move and as soon as they realize that much won't be earned, we will go by the wayside.