IHN and my time (Please read, everyone)

Cutsizzle

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="210819" data-time="1381774698">
<div>

First off this isn't Tony's decision.  There were several of us that "created" IHN, of which for specific reasons.  So it's not "ton's" site, it's ours.  second, after poking around CCS the past few days, I'm not sure any of us want to be part of a "Chicago Sports" site.  I do remember you going down this road a few years ago, and it was No then as well.  Thrid have you gone this path with the 300 Level and Stuy?  If so what was his response.</p>

</p>

Understand most of us here were part of Blackhawk Zone before Frank decided to take a different path and we meandered to Wirtz Sucks, which is now Blackhawk zone, and the 300 level which is Stuys.  Back when the Offiicals were about 200 of us.  So my aprehension here is going to stay.  Along with the fact IHN, the domain/URL might be Tony's in name, but it is OUR creation.</p>

</p>

So far i have not heard anything compelling from any of our members on, yes, lets give this a chance.  I just don't see it happening.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Honestly, there isn't really anything compelling. Just the possibility of posting with some more fresh faces, and having a 1 stop shop for all Chicago teams. It wouldn't really alter or change the experience of the idea of IHN and the community. Nothing is being taken away or stripped, essentially it would be the same. My goal isn't to alter anything because that would be stupid. </p>

</p>

You don't agree to terms, to go back on your word and change everything. My goal would be to make you guys as happy as possible in your new setting, while maintaing the same look and feel as this place. </p>

Cutsizzle

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="210821" data-time="1381774913">
<div>

The biggest reason we left the officials was we wanted control over our posts. We also wanted to have a NHTA section. There was too much censorship and too much crap going on that took away our feeling of venting freely.

Cutsizzle, we are a very tight knit and knowledgable community. We got sick of all the "newbie" posters that the officials brought. We also were very vocal about said new posters.

With that said, what are you going to do when our discussions get heated like they typically do? What are you going to do when we call a newbie or someone an idiot or moron (or ass clown, or jackass, or any other derivative of Special person)? Here, we can say how we feel in a very free manner (though typically to a point). What are you going to do when some new poster comes in and complains to you and your staff about our abrasive nature?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I would tell the new poster that this isn't a daycare. We run our site more like a sports bar, and don't babysit new posters. We want everybody to have a good experience and have fun but if they act like a Special person, they should be labeled as such lol. </p>

</p>

You guys being tight knit, knowledgable and abrasive....that is right up my alley. In the heat of a sports thread, if somebody calls me a Special person, I am not going to fuck with their account or take it personally. Even though I'm an administrator, if you feel the need to call me an idiot, go for it. Our style of moderation is the same as this place, to guide the discussion and not to control it. </p>

</p>

That is actually a refreshing question to hear. "What is your stance on calling people retards". I can dig it. </p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I clearly see why Ton want's this and why ChiCitySports wants it to happen.   I don't see the benefit to the IHN posting community.   I post here for the same reasons everybody else has listed.  I can live with out the home page and various links, it's the unique message board that keep's me here.</p>

</p>

I'm more than willing to donate more to keep it running.</p>

</p>

I don't like the idea of IHN selling out to prop another sites post/visit tally.</p>

Cutsizzle

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="210822" data-time="1381775508">
<div>

The main reason CCS wants us is the traffic ($$$) we bring in. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

The increase in revenue isn't the appealing part at all, honestly. Unless you're talking in terms of hundreds/close to 500 people of an influx, you won't see much of a change at all. </p>

</p>

It's having a more active Blackhawks section in general. The majority of traffic on the site is Bears/Bulls, I would like to get the Blackhawks section more included in that discussion. </p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For me, I have always looked at IHN as that little nook of friend, or friends of friends, that get together to talking about Hockey and other subjects they like.   More of an intimate setting over some of the other 'Hawks or hockey boards that are out there.    A place we people either already know, or get to know the personality and nuances of each other and respect it rather than hiding behind a keyboard.</p>

</p>

You all know that I am a mod over at the O's and we have tried to do the same there, but knowing it is more for the masses.   It has been a challenge and there has been some strong tracting, but it does still seem cold and with still some "fearless" keyboard warriors that need to be culled from time to time (not trying to sell the O's, but first hidden post is on me!).   But at IHN, there is a pretty strong closeness here which makes it appealing.  Yea Stu is the voice of reason and Pete hates debates, but we all roll with it and have try to have fun with it.   Kind of like a family.</p>

</p>

If administrating is that much of an issue, how can some of that be distrubted or potentially off-loaded.  I think we have some here with skills or maybe willing to help.   If money is an issue, I think most here are willing to pitch in.   </p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="210821" data-time="1381774913">
<div>

What are you going to do when some new poster comes in and complains to you and your staff about our abrasive nature?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

HA! Might be the most important point based on the truth of this quote.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="210823" data-time="1381775659">
<div>

CCS welcomes new member:

Stu Grimson</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Oh that'll last long.  Especially with his 1000 or so IP Addresses.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="210826" data-time="1381776021">
<div>

I clearly see why Ton want's this and why ChiCitySports wants it to happen.   I don't see the benefit to the IHN posting community.   I post here for the same reasons everybody else has listed.  I can live with out the home page and various links, it's the unique message board that keep's me here.</p>

</p>

I'm more than willing to donate more to keep it running.</p>

</p>

I don't like the idea of IHN selling out to prop another sites post/visit tally.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Conservative pile of shit!  Oh wait...</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Cutsizzle" data-cid="210824" data-time="1381775690">
<div>

Honestly, there isn't really anything compelling. Just the possibility of posting with some more fresh faces, and having a 1 stop shop for all Chicago teams. It wouldn't really alter or change the experience of the idea of IHN and the community. Nothing is being taken away or stripped, essentially it would be the same. My goal isn't to alter anything because that would be stupid. </p>

</p>

You don't agree to terms, to go back on your word and change everything. My goal would be to make you guys as happy as possible in your new setting, while maintaing the same look and feel as this place. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Well, so far, with the small sample size, I have yet to see anyone jump on board and say, Lets roll with it.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Wait... there is more than just a message board here?</p>

</p>

</p>

I've already said my pieces.... I'll let the gods sort it out.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="210835" data-time="1381777007">
<div>

</p>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

HA! Right? Certainly no offense to the mgmt, but truly, this is all I ever look at...</p>

</p>

A wise move that I will also trumpet. I will let more important people dictate. </p>

Cutsizzle

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="210833" data-time="1381776827">
<div>

Well, so far, with the small sample size, I have yet to see anyone jump on board and say, Lets roll with it.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Agreed, however they may be reluctant to wait until the pitchforks are lowered to voice their opinion. Either way, all I can do is address any questions or potential cons you guys may see in anything. </p>

</p>

I didn't answer you earlier on the other Blackhawks sites. This is the best Blackhawks board on the net, hands down. Your abrasive nature (as posted multiple times) is part of the reason why I believe it would work. We have the exact same style of moderation and let things go freely. I did approach one of those sites, don't remember which one but, they wanted too much $ in return, however they were only emailed due to Ton incessantly sticking with a "no".</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="210835" data-time="1381777007">
<div>

</p>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Yea but most of us couldn't see those so we have no idea what you said.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Cutsizzle" data-cid="210838" data-time="1381777299">
<div>

Agreed, however they may be reluctant to wait until the pitchforks are lowered to voice their opinion. Either way, all I can do is address any questions or potential cons you guys may see in anything. </p>

</p>

I didn't answer you earlier on the other Blackhawks sites. This is the best Blackhawks board on the net, hands down. Your abrasive nature (as posted multiple times) is part of the reason why I believe it would work. We have the exact same style of moderation and let things go freely. I did approach one of those sites, don't remember which one but, they wanted too much $ in return, however they were only emailed due to Ton incessantly sticking with a "no".</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I have no pitch fork.  If I thought it would work I'd say so.  I am holding no grudges, nor preconceived ideas, other that in my opinion it will not work.  For the reasons I stated above.  As for the $$, I have no clue, other than anything time consuming we can certainly deal with on our end without going anywhere else.  I didn't help start this thing years ago, to become part of a bigger site, that's really not that much bigger. </p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="210832" data-time="1381776671">
<div>

Conservative pile of shit!  Oh wait...</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Pantywaist. </p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="210842" data-time="1381777894">
<div>

Pantywaist. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Bag of Dick!</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
One of the biggest obstacles you are going to face is getting the members to agree to go from a forum that is ran by its own, to one that is ran by an unknown.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Count Dante" data-cid="210844" data-time="1381778113">
<div>

POOP!</p>

</p>

Oh yeah, I said it...</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

That's my line.

</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="210841" data-time="1381777696">
<div>

I have no pitch fork.  If I thought it would work I'd say so.  I am holding no grudges, nor preconceived ideas, other that in my opinion it will not work.  For the reasons I stated above.  As for the $$, I have no clue, other than anything time consuming we can certainly deal with on our end without going anywhere else.  I didn't help start this thing years ago, to become part of a bigger site, that's really not that much bigger. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I also have no pitchfork.  If my post goes against CCS/Ton's grain, it shouldn't be associated with such.

I honestly want a site that runs and has a message board, and would rather have the admin team consist of people we know and trust.  No offense to CCS or cutsizzle, but I don't know you like I know the other dickbags on this site.  

RK may be a beatoff, but at least I know him.</p>

Cutsizzle

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="210847" data-time="1381779102">
<div>

One of the biggest obstacles you are going to face is getting the members to agree to go from a forum that is ran by its own, to one that is ran by an unknown.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

The moderation would be completely up to the IHN moderators for the Blackhawks section. </p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="210841" data-time="1381777696">
<div>

I didn't help start this thing years ago, to become part of a bigger site, that's really not that much bigger. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

The Blackhawks section is definitely not as big but overall, there are <span style="background-color:rgb(242,242,242);color:rgb(102,102,102);font-family:Helvetica, Geneva;font-size:13px;">119 members online compared to the 13 members online here. So there are ample opportunities to venture outside of the Blackhawks area to call people idiots, if that is what some prefer. Or only stay in the Blackhawks area and talk with the limited amount of Blackhawks people we have, and the IHN community. </span></p>