CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="210959" data-time="1381823435">
<div>

Eh?</p>

</p>

Here's my view. If you take www.indianheadnation.com, and redirect it to the forums hosted on CCS... I really don't give two shits. As long as the forums stay the forums, as they are here, I'm cool with whatever. Really, if all we're talking about is changing the host for the forums...who gives a fuck? If the forums can be moved over to CCS, and I can still hit the forums going through www.indianheadnation.com, OK.</p>

</p>

If it means wiping out these forums as we know them and starting from scratch over there, well, you're probably not going to get a lot of buy in on that. But if you keep www.indianheadnation.com alive, and have it redirected to INDIANHEADNATION forums as they currently exist, on CCS, what's the problem? As long as we aren't going to be told how to behave or what to post or not post, or lose all of the forum history we have here in the switch, I don't give two shits. Even if it turns out to not be what anyone thought, we just take our merry band of assholes back here. Pretty simple really.</p>

</p>

Moving forums to another host and redirecting traffic to a forum on another site is really simple shit. So, I hope that's what you're planning. If not, well, I'll probably just hang out at the 300level....</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

This would be how I feel.</p>

supraman

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="210943" data-time="1381809617">
<div>

Some one fix him so he can shut up.  Please for the love of God!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Ban him again? Since we dont want to reward the same issue that got it banned.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Supra" data-cid="210969" data-time="1381841999">
<div>

Ban him again? Since we dont want to reward the same issue that got it banned.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Give me a break.  Or go without a GDT because really no one gives a shit either way about this place anymore.</p>

supraman

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="210970" data-time="1381845221">
<div>

Give me a break.  Or go without a GDT because really no one gives a shit either way about this place anymore.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Im doing just fine without a GDT. But as usual Ton caved and gave the troll what he wanted.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Supra" data-cid="210973" data-time="1381845293">
<div>

Im doing just fine without a GDT. But as usual Ton caved and gave the troll what he wanted.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Good.  He's part of the community and his 1000 IP's that you can never ban in the first place.</p>

</p>

Now Stu, knock off your shit so they don't ban you again, please.</p>

</p>

While your at it Supra step down and become one of us again.  Paul and Mass are perfectly fine modding.  That way you can let it all out like you want too.</p>

supraman

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="210975" data-time="1381845413">
<div>

Good.  He's part of the community and his 1000 IP's that you can never ban in the first place.</p>

</p>

Now Stu, knock off your shit so they don't ban you again, please.</p>

</p>

While your at it Supra step down and become one of us again.  Paul and Mass are perfectly fine modding.  That way you can let it all out like you want too.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Are you trying to recruit me to a cult?</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The cult of Go Fuck Yourself... for the record... I was against giving him the name back.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Just some things through reading.</p>

</p>

1.) Ton, you don't want to tear the extra features down because you've built them up. But you don't have time to maintain them so you are essentially letting the crumble themselves. On top of that, if we merge, you are still too busy to do them, so they are going to go away anyway? Then, you mention that they are revenue building, so they aren't going to be your problem anymore. If you keep the site and remove them, you are in the same place as if you merged. I don't understand the reasoning. They are going away either way. If we don't merge you don't have time for them. If we do merge you don't have time for them and don't get the revenue that you say they generate anyway.</p>

</p>

2.) Yes, I'm worried about things changing, not at the switch but 5-6 months down the road when we're all settled in and the revenue needs to be pumped up a bit. Not only could that lead to taming of posting to attract new posters, much like we've talked about here, but what about the opposite. What about posters trolls that need to be removed. Will the mods actually be able to do that or is that an Admin function and even allowed if it's revenue generation that we're talking about here.</p>

</p>

3.) I know you are all good people. But you have to stop saying nothing will change. You can't know, and you can't promise. Fact is it will change. It's a new Admin. You can't say everything is going to be the same and transfer over. It's just not that simple. No matter how much Cutsizzle wants to keep things the same, he runs a different ship than you. As would anyone on this board. It's not going to be a translucent crossover for that point along. Imagine how much different this board would be with Stu, PuckJim, IHF, RK, BHP, Pez, Me, Count, Lord, ect... as the ADMIN. We'd all do it our own specific way even though we all want things to stay the same. It's just human nature, and I think that's the main thing here is that everyone likes it the way it is, and no matter how much you keep the same it's going to be different.</p>

</p>

4.) Do I think we could do it, yes. Do I think it would be easy. Probably. But again I have to just ask the simple question of Why? We... as a community of IHN, still haven't really found out how this benefits us? I know what you are saying, better admin. But most of us don't look at the other content anyway so we don't care that it's lacking. The boards work. You are saying a one stop shop for all our Chicago Sports... we're all here for Hockey, and we have forums for that which we chat in for big stuff. They don't get much traffic so you can bet that folks don't really care. Hell the video game and book thread is probably the biggest but we aren't going to merge there either. You have said that it's a change to make IHN bigger, which I get, but I suspect many of those folks are just like us, if they want a hockey board they will go to a hockey board. If we want to get bigger there are better ways to do it than to join forces with people who already don't talk about hockey. At the end of the day it just feels like we are being used as a marketing tool or a focus group and we (IHN Community) are getting no real benefit from the move.</p>

</p>

5.) Maybe it would be best giving the pushback from the board if we talk about what is really motivating this from your end Ton. What I am hearing is 1. Cost. 2. Time. 3. Effort. I think if these are the main reasons they can all be managed individually. 1. Cost is no problem. You let folks know exactly how much it is, and we come up with a plan to fund. Time. We've already said that if you scale back all the extras the board pretty much runs itself now. Lot less time needed. And hopefully costs go down a bit without sacrificing too much revenue (Again other ways to generate this). Effort, through 1 and 2. hopefully the effort required would go down. And if you would loosen up the reigns a bit without losing control, I'm sure there are plenty of folks here who would be happy to be an active part of this site to help it stay the great community it has become. </p>

</p>

I know you've wanted to build this site into something bigger for a real long time. And I know it's hard for you to think about scaling it down because it seems like all that work you did is for nothing, but it helped build the community into the way that it is now. And without all the work and the extras we wouldn't have 2600 facebook followers. But the core of this site is the boards. That is why we are all here. And I think that's all anyone really cares about. I just don't see how the change benefits us. If we were adding a great smaller community to this site, I'd be all for it, but the other way around doesn't seem like a sound idea. I appreciate what CSS is trying to do. But I'm apart of two message boards, I'm not on a bears one, a blackhawks one, a cubs one, a white sox one... I'm one a Hawks one and one other one because that's what I am most passionate about. I would move and go over there and post and I'm sure I'd have no real problems, but other people are more particular and I'm here for them as much as me. If that starts to break down then there won't be much of a reason to be there anymore. I can use facebook or something. So just know that there is a chance that this could dissolve the entire site. And if that's the case what is worse, scaling back to the core or possibly losing the whole thing?</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="210941" data-time="1381809086">
<div>

For the record, I'm speaking as money for CCS. I know for you Ton it's not about the money.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

If CCS gets the 2,600+ on Facebook (is there a Twitter?) that's one heck of a boost in traffic.  Those are the real numbers, plus everyone will get updates in their timeline if/when updates or new posts are created.  The board is just a formality.  If everything is kosher, it will be a back closet in which all of us grumpy fucks have a place to spout off and be dirty old turds.

It makes sense when looking at it from Ton's/Rush's POV.

I've dealt with the numbers game in regards to my films and creating traffic to crowdfunding pages.  I had a huge boost when a Facebook page with 20k members created a post about my film.  I believe my page traffic jumped by 1000% in a week and I received 25 new members to the film page in one day.  The numbers game makes sense to someone wanting to grow their interests.

The only thing that irks me is the illusion that we have a say in the matter.  We don't.  This was probably a done deal even before us mods got Ton's news the other day.

Just move the site and get it over with.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
By the way, great post Mass.

Agree 100%.</p>

Cutsizzle

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="210930" data-time="1381803870">
<div>

If we move, I doubt many will follow. It's not that the move is a bad thing, it's that we lose control despite what is being said at the end of the day. If CCS doesn't like something or wants to change, it doesn't matter what us posters want.

This to me is a $$$ move and as soon as they realize that much won't be earned, we will go by the wayside.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Has nothing to do with $$$. Revenue is not important in this one bit. Unless you're getting an influx of 500-1000 people all at once, there isn't going to be a significant increase. It is 100% about having a more active Blackhawks community on our site. </p>

Cutsizzle

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="210937" data-time="1381807573">
<div>

C'mon Ton, why else would this guy want to bring a board that has about 15 active posters over besides increased Traffic which equals more money for him.

</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

You just contradicted yourself. </p>

</p>

15 posters does not equal more money. Hell....50 posters doesn't equal more money in the grand scheme of things. I can understand being against the idea but, stating it's a money grab in multiple posts could not be farther from the truth. </p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guys, </p>

</p>

The amount of traffic we would bring anywhere is not a significant revenue of any kind. We are really just talking about a couple guys that have a passion for running sites and maintaining online communities. One wants to relinquish control and looked for another to help since he knew he couldnt do it. </p>

</p>

Honestly at the heart of it all, a message board is a message board. If I am not flooded with ads and crap, it really doesnt matter. There are also plenty of free type forums as well that is not difficult to point domain DNS to. </p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Cutsizzle" data-cid="210990" data-time="1381851638">
<div>

You just contradicted yourself. </p>

</p>

15 posters does not equal more money. Hell....50 posters doesn't equal more money in the grand scheme of things. I can understand being against the idea but, stating it's a money grab in multiple posts could not be farther from the truth. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Concur... It isnt like if we merge, Mr. Sizzle will be able to get that 4 bedroom apartment in River North on the 45th floor...</p>

Cutsizzle

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="210983" data-time="1381849510">
<div>

The only thing that irks me is the illusion that we have a say in the matter.  We don't.  This was probably a done deal even before us mods got Ton's news the other day.

Just move the site and get it over with.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I'll be very delicate in saying this, I don't want to come off like a dick....you're 1,000% wrong. Ton wouldn't go through with it if the majority didn't want to, and I would be stupid to suggest moving forward if the majority wasn't down with the idea. </p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Cutsizzle" data-cid="210996" data-time="1381852380">
<div>

I'll be very delicate in saying this, I don't want to come off like a dick....you're 1,000% wrong. Ton wouldn't go through with it if the majority didn't want to, and I would be stupid to suggest moving forward if the majority wasn't down with the idea. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I guess we'll see.</p>

This is a discussion, and I'm perfectly fine with being incorrect.

Dick.
:eek:rcs-buttshake: </p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Count Dante" data-cid="210993" data-time="1381851942">
<div>

Concur... It isnt like if we merge, Mr. Sizzle will be able to get that 4 bedroom apartment in River North on the 45th floor...</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Maybe Mr Sizzle already has one??</p>

</p>

I think Mass has a great post and agree 100% other than we can admin certain things without being Mods.  There is a difference.  If we need people to update shit.</p>

</p>

I have no desire to be a mod, then I can't just tell you to fuck off, but I would be more than happy to update shit on the "splash" page, fix chat on and off, stupid shit.  NO problem at all.  If that's where things are lacking.</p>

</p>

NO ONE wants STU to do anything but GDT's!  He's good at them.</p>

</p>

And Mass for the record now if he fucks up, you've given him the final chance, it's his fate.  I mean, he's got 1000 IP's wtf does it matter you can't "Ban" him anyway.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Cutsizzle" data-cid="210996" data-time="1381852380">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I would like to think your right and Tony would not break the bridges we've made because he's too smart. </p>

supraman

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="210998" data-time="1381852598">
<div>

Maybe Mr Sizzle already has one??</p>

</p>

I think Mass has a great post and agree 100% other than we can admin certain things without being Mods.  There is a difference.  If we need people to update shit.</p>

</p>

I have no desire to be a mod, then I can't just tell you to fuck off, but I would be more than happy to update shit on the "splash" page, fix chat on and off, stupid shit.  NO problem at all.  If that's where things are lacking.</p>

</p>

NO ONE wants STU to do anything but GDT's!  He's good at them.</p>

</p>

And Mass for the record now if he fucks up, you've given him the final chance, it's his fate.  I mean, he's got 1000 IP's wtf does it matter you can't "Ban" him anyway.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

But we can see who gets bored first. Him or us. I'm willing to see how long it takes before he gets tired of registering.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="210978" data-time="1381848540">
<div>

Just some things through reading.</p>

</p>

1.) Ton, you don't want to tear the extra features down because you've built them up. But you don't have time to maintain them so you are essentially letting the crumble themselves. On top of that, if we merge, you are still too busy to do them, so they are going to go away anyway? Then, you mention that they are revenue building, so they aren't going to be your problem anymore. If you keep the site and remove them, you are in the same place as if you merged. I don't understand the reasoning. They are going away either way. If we don't merge you don't have time for them. If we do merge you don't have time for them and don't get the revenue that you say they generate anyway.</p>

</p>

2.) Yes, I'm worried about things changing, not at the switch but 5-6 months down the road when we're all settled in and the revenue needs to be pumped up a bit. Not only could that lead to taming of posting to attract new posters, much like we've talked about here, but what about the opposite. What about posters trolls that need to be removed. Will the mods actually be able to do that or is that an Admin function and even allowed if it's revenue generation that we're talking about here.</p>

</p>

3.) I know you are all good people. But you have to stop saying nothing will change. You can't know, and you can't promise. Fact is it will change. It's a new Admin. You can't say everything is going to be the same and transfer over. It's just not that simple. No matter how much Cutsizzle wants to keep things the same, he runs a different ship than you. As would anyone on this board. It's not going to be a translucent crossover for that point along. Imagine how much different this board would be with Stu, PuckJim, IHF, RK, BHP, Pez, Me, Count, Lord, ect... as the ADMIN. We'd all do it our own specific way even though we all want things to stay the same. It's just human nature, and I think that's the main thing here is that everyone likes it the way it is, and no matter how much you keep the same it's going to be different.</p>

</p>

4.) Do I think we could do it, yes. Do I think it would be easy. Probably. But again I have to just ask the simple question of Why? We... as a community of IHN, still haven't really found out how this benefits us? I know what you are saying, better admin. But most of us don't look at the other content anyway so we don't care that it's lacking. The boards work. You are saying a one stop shop for all our Chicago Sports... we're all here for Hockey, and we have forums for that which we chat in for big stuff. They don't get much traffic so you can bet that folks don't really care. Hell the video game and book thread is probably the biggest but we aren't going to merge there either. You have said that it's a change to make IHN bigger, which I get, but I suspect many of those folks are just like us, if they want a hockey board they will go to a hockey board. If we want to get bigger there are better ways to do it than to join forces with people who already don't talk about hockey. At the end of the day it just feels like we are being used as a marketing tool or a focus group and we (IHN Community) are getting no real benefit from the move.</p>

</p>

5.) Maybe it would be best giving the pushback from the board if we talk about what is really motivating this from your end Ton. What I am hearing is 1. Cost. 2. Time. 3. Effort. I think if these are the main reasons they can all be managed individually. 1. Cost is no problem. You let folks know exactly how much it is, and we come up with a plan to fund. Time. We've already said that if you scale back all the extras the board pretty much runs itself now. Lot less time needed. And hopefully costs go down a bit without sacrificing too much revenue (Again other ways to generate this). Effort, through 1 and 2. hopefully the effort required would go down. And if you would loosen up the reigns a bit without losing control, I'm sure there are plenty of folks here who would be happy to be an active part of this site to help it stay the great community it has become. </p>

</p>

I know you've wanted to build this site into something bigger for a real long time. And I know it's hard for you to think about scaling it down because it seems like all that work you did is for nothing, but it helped build the community into the way that it is now. And without all the work and the extras we wouldn't have 2600 facebook followers. But the core of this site is the boards. That is why we are all here. And I think that's all anyone really cares about. I just don't see how the change benefits us. If we were adding a great smaller community to this site, I'd be all for it, but the other way around doesn't seem like a sound idea. I appreciate what CSS is trying to do. But I'm apart of two message boards, I'm not on a bears one, a blackhawks one, a cubs one, a white sox one... I'm one a Hawks one and one other one because that's what I am most passionate about. I would move and go over there and post and I'm sure I'd have no real problems, but other people are more particular and I'm here for them as much as me. If that starts to break down then there won't be much of a reason to be there anymore. I can use facebook or something. So just know that there is a chance that this could dissolve the entire site. And if that's the case what is worse, scaling back to the core or possibly losing the whole thing?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>