IHN and my time (Please read, everyone)

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Sizzle, you can't bullshit a bullshitter.

You also can't tell me money is not in this or part of this.

You want to merge us over to increase traffic and increase potential new posters. We will be your marketing tool for bringing people in. "Look we are a one stop shop for all Chicago sports talk, we have a huge dedicated group of posters for all Chicago sports". This in turn will bring in new folks. Thus your traffic and profits go up however much.

Problem is, most of us won't go, nor are you certain if we do go that we will help your site. Admit it or not, you're running a small business and you can't say nothing will change for what you view as the betterment of your site.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Cutsizzle" data-cid="211032" data-time="1381855451">
<div>

That isn't my central arguing point. However "there is no benefit" could be refuted with "there is no drawback" either. There are more benefits for Ton and anybody involved with the maintenance/financial aspects of running this site than the posters, who just post. </p>

</p>

It really stems from if you want a bit more activity (once we have people in the Blackhawks forum, the others will re-surface, comparable to an increase of what it's like here), and if you want to meet some more new people. If you 100% don't give a shit about meeting a single new poster and just keeping things how they are here, then I would understand how you see no benefit. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

So just to follow up on this... it's what I said... benefit to you, benefit to Ton. but this site isn't Ton. He runs it and has the final say but it exists because we all came here together for the most part. And through this his final say almost the entire time has been what the majority of the group wants. Which is why we are in this thread to begin with. We created it and built it and put a lot of time into it.</p>

</p>

You also can not say that we will have a bit more activity. You have no way of knowing that. hence the uncertainty. You don't know how our members are going to react, you don't know how their members are going to react. You may even have people over there who are familiar with this board and don't want anything to do with it. And vise versa. Yes, you can say you think, but again. this is back to the risk and uncertainty. I am fine with new posters, that's great, but a new poster here is as a result of our community reaching out to it somehow. We don't get to many new users by searches on google. That gives us a leg up to begin with.</p>

</p>

Let's put is this way. This is what I don't think you guy are understanding. If we are all on facebook. And Google says hey facebook, we are going to buy you and replace our google plus with you. Everything is going to be the same, but we're just going to integrate you all into google. You thing everything will just be smooth sailing? Everyone will just thing... hmmm nothing is changing? Ok, google here I come. Of course this isn't google and facebook, but it's the same kind of scenario. Folks are on one of the other for a reason. Facebook is more popular than google plus for a reason. Google is more popular at email for a reason. They both do things well and combining them but promising nothing will change just won't sit well with some people. And it's bound to force changes not matter how insignificant. I get that it's mutually beneficial for you and Ton. but again... this site is it's members, not it's admin. Although we do love and appreciate everything he's done to keep us here. Which is another reason i'm surprised that he doesn't want to give up on all the external stuff on this site, but is willing to give up the reigns on the site itself.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="211039" data-time="1381858746">
<div>

Sizzle, you can't bullshit a bullshitter.

You also can't tell me money is not in this or part of this.

You want to merge us over to increase traffic and increase potential new posters. We will be your marketing tool for bringing people in. "Look we are a one stop shop for all Chicago sports talk, we have a huge dedicated group of posters for all Chicago sports". This in turn will bring in new folks. Thus your traffic and profits go up however much.

Problem is, most of us won't go, nor are you certain if we do go that we will help your site. Admit it or not, you're running a small business and you can't say nothing will change for what you view as the betterment of your site.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I'll bite, because i sure dont see it...</p>

</p>

I mean, looks like the same advertisements that this site runs. And if Ton was spending and needed donations, I cant imagine that the IHN traffic would add enough cash to a site to make it worthy of clandestine action from CCS. </p>

</p>

I could be wrong, but really, what kind of cash are we talking about?</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Let me ask this, why not just link us under your Hawks area? Why do you need control? Why not give your audience all the fluff and we just have the boards and chat?

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="211048" data-time="1381860269">
<div>

Let me ask this, why not just link us under your Hawks area? Why do you need control? Why not give your audience all the fluff and we just have the boards and chat?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Valid point.</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
O's Hawks-vs-Sabres Thread - 212 Posts</p>

</p>

O's Hawks-vs-Blues Thread - 260 Posts  (I created the GDT!)</p>

</p>

O's Hawks-vs-Lightning Thread - 157 Posts</p>

</p>

O's Hawks-vs-Capitals Season Opener Thread - 414 Posts</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

/slinks back to the O's  :eek:rcs-buttshake:    :eek:bscene-sexualvlick:  :eek:rcs-buttshake:</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="211048" data-time="1381860269">
<div>

Let me ask this, why not just link us under your Hawks area? Why do you need control? Why not give your audience all the fluff and we just have the boards and chat?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Would that not still require someone from here to maintain this site? I mean, really this is the premise of the whole thread, yeah? To eliminate that responsibility? Then Ton offered a solution.</p>

</p>

The given is that Tony isnt maintaining.</p>

</p>

Choice become:</p>

</p>

1. Someone here takes over</p>

2. Let CCS handle the administration</p>

</p>

If someone want to take ownership here, then I am sure the majority of us can donate (and covering those that may not have those means at the moment).</p>

</p>

If no one wants the job, I dont see an issue moving over. I know IHN started because of the censorship from O boards, but O boards had...more to answer to, simply because it contains .nhl.com in the domain. I may be mistaken but CCS doesnt seem to have any of those bounds. </p>

</p>

Ultimately, I dont really care either way. I can donate here or post there. </p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
IHN has 400+ followers on Twitter and 2600+ on FB, yet no one is talking about who takes over those pages.  The last IHN tweet was in August. </p>

My guess is that it will be CCS.

Can someone verify/deny this?</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BiscuitInTheBasket2in17" data-cid="211052" data-time="1381861240">
<div>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

/slinks back to the O's  :eek:rcs-buttshake:    :eek:bscene-sexualvlick:  :eek:rcs-buttshake:</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

av-16096.jpg
</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="211055" data-time="1381861498">
<div>

IHN has 400+ followers on Twitter and 2600+ on FB, yet no one is talking about who takes over those pages.  The last IHN tweet was in August. </p>

My guess is that it will be CCS.

Can someone verify/deny this?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I vote for Bookie to take over the Twitter account. hah</p>

Rex get's the facebook account.</p>

Stu gets GDTs...</p>

RK gets chat....</p>

</p>

What am I missing?</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BiscuitInTheBasket2in17" data-cid="211052" data-time="1381861240">
<div>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

And while we're reminiscing.</p>

</p>

mcbama.jpg
peter.gif
</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
You asked our opinion and we've laid it out. We don't want the fluff anymore. We are willing to donate to pay for loose ends. Some of us are willing to help run the site in different facets. Why are we discussing this any further?

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="211065" data-time="1381862153">
<div>

You asked our opinion and we've laid it out. We don't want the fluff anymore. We are willing to donate to pay for loose ends. Some of us are willing to help run the site in different facets. Why are we discussing this any further?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Probably dont need to... Just let me know if/when we need more donations. </p>

R K

<div>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Yea but no one fucking cares about that place.  Keep on Slinking bag of dick o mod on the officials.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="211056" data-time="1381861550">
<div>

av-16096.jpg
</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

But he had his 2nd day with the Cup.  Or 4 hours.  It's 4 hours more than most had.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="211057" data-time="1381861585">
<div>

I vote for Bookie to take over the Twitter account. hah</p>

Rex get's the facebook account.</p>

Stu gets GDTs...</p>

RK gets chat....</p>

</p>

What am I missing?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

And we can all work to update the splash page if need be. </p>

</p>

So there you have it in a nutshell.  We would like to remain where we are.  It's pretty simple.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
haha... just because that's what I'd like, doesn't mean they would agree to do it. Just throwing shit out there at the wall, and of course we'd have to have 2 for each. But basically I think as long as board members agree they could do it. All that should be done through twitter and facebook is posting stuff like bookie does and links to threads. Same with facebook. You could even link the two so that whatever you tweet automatically gets posted to facebook. Simple. Post a new great thread... tweet about it. I've seen a site that had the ability to tweet out a post directly from the site.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who volunteered this idiot for GDTs?

LOL

Actually... I want to get more meat in the GDT and hope to be able to set aside some time.

Books taking over the Twitter feed is actually genius by the way.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I can't speak for her at all though... was just a thought and a dream because she navigates it so well.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="211082" data-time="1381864402">
<div>

haha... just because that's what I'd like, doesn't mean they would agree to do it. Just throwing shit out there at the wall, and of course we'd have to have 2 for each. But basically I think as long as board members agree they could do it. All that should be done through twitter and facebook is posting stuff like bookie does and links to threads. Same with facebook. You could even link the two so that whatever you tweet automatically gets posted to facebook. Simple. Post a new great thread... tweet about it. I've seen a site that had the ability to tweet out a post directly from the site.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Make it so!</p>