IHN and my time (Please read, everyone)

Ton

Liked Posts:
Once again, we will have a vote.</p>

</p>

This is not my decision. Although I do know the direction I prefer, that doesn't mean it's going to happen. There's no way I can change the vote, I'm not corrupt. Give me some credit. We all have disagreements from time to time, but the fact that things are now getting personal and there are attempts to hurt my credibility which is why I was offended.</p>

</p>

Keep firing away (reasonably), we have plenty of time to resolve this. We don't need to vote right now. There is still 1,000,000,000 years left on this Earth.</p>

</p>

Some people, like Jako stated, are not ready to vote. And that's ok.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ton DeFrancesco" data-cid="211214" data-time="1381937021">
<div>

</p>

This is not my decision. Although I do know the direction I prefer, that doesn't mean it's going to happen. There's no way I can change the vote, I'm not corrupt. Give me some credit. We all have disagreements from time to time, but the fact that things are now getting personal is why I was offended.</p>

</p>

Keep firing away (reasonably), we have plenty of time to resolve this. We don't need to vote right now. There is still 1,000,000,000 years left on this Earth.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Ton, instead of keeping firing away, please go back threw the thread and address many of the comments/concerns that have already been stated.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
I will. Give me a couple hours, I will get to them before we have a vote. I'll try to address as much as I can today. If I can't get to them today, I'm free all day Saturday.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Count Dante" data-cid="211213" data-time="1381936971">
<div>

Ok, i am gonna be the bad guy here... Mostly because I am waiting for some work to finish so here it is...</p>

</p>

</p>

Y'all care WAY too much about this! </p>

</p>

Not that it isnt entertaining but discussion of the site is now "my dad can beat up your dad".</p>

</p>

Put up a poll, if you can restrict it to registered members, and leave it for a few days.</p>

</p>

If the vote to not move is there, Super Douchery has said he will take over the site, can get with Ton, and transfer.</p>

</p>

If the vote to move is there, I am sure Ton will help facilitate it. </p>

</p>

Put up the vote, dont allow comments, and we move forth.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Have to agree. It's just a message board. Seriously. They are not hard to put up, move, or bring back. Ton could actually copy the message boards to CCS, and still leave these here and just disable them. We try it out, see how it works, and if we don't like it, it's a couple of quick changes to http redirect and we are back in business.</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ton DeFrancesco" data-cid="211214" data-time="1381937021">
<div>

</p>

This is not my decision. Although I do know the direction I prefer, that doesn't mean it's going to happen. There's no way I can change the vote, I'm not corrupt. Give me some credit. We all have disagreements from time to time, but the fact that things are now getting personal and there are attempts to hurt my credibility which is why I was offended.</p>

</p>

</p>

Some people, like Jako stated, are not ready to vote. And that's ok.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Given that this is a community, I do agree that there should be some time before the vote.   As vain as it might seem, sometimes getting over the "sticker shock" of something needs time to weed out any knee-jerk reactions.  Sure some are already set, but others are still processing.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ton DeFrancesco" data-cid="211221" data-time="1381937578">
<div>

I will. Give me a couple hours, I will get to them before we have a vote. I'll try to address as much as I can today. If I can't get to them today, I'm free all day Saturday.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

HA! Says the man that said he doesnt have the time to run the site... (Not a dig at you of course, but funny in that in order to free up your time from running the site, you have to spend hours reading and commenting about the site) :)</p>

</p>

Not ready for a vote?  Again, I think this is way out of scope here. Put up the vote for a week so those that log in sporadically will see it as well.  Give a one day warning on the close to vote, tally, profit. </p>

</p>

I dont see what else needs to be discussed, but I also promise I wont add to more noise past this post either until the vote is up.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Count Dante" data-cid="211227" data-time="1381938247">
<div>

HA! Says the man that said he doesnt have the time to run the site... (Not a dig at you of course, but funny in that in order to free up your time from running the site, you have to spend hours reading and commenting about the site) :icon-smile:</p>

</p>

Not ready for a vote?  Again, I think this is way out of scope here. Put up the vote for a week so those that log in sporadically will see it as well.  Give a one day warning on the close to vote, tally, profit. </p>

</p>

I dont see what else needs to be discussed, but I also promise I wont add to more noise past this post either until the vote is up.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

LOL! I'm not saying I'm spending hours to articulate a response, I just have some things that I need to get done today. I'll be back around 12 to read, spend about an hour, and I'm out the door again. Luckily Saturday I have off, which is weird, I never have Saturdays off. But it came at the right time I suppose!</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Count Dante" data-cid="211227" data-time="1381938247">
<div>

HA! Says the man that said he doesnt have the time to run the site... (Not a dig at you of course, but funny in that in order to free up your time from running the site, you have to spend hours reading and commenting about the site) :icon-smile:</p>

</p>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

But what about the underpants?</p>

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the main question people who are against it have, are why do you prefer the merger as opposed to others from the site taking on the administration and financial obligation?</p>

</p>

That is the one thing I don't think you have clearly addressed.  Yes alot of comments have been made from the admin over at CCS as well as yourself that nothing will change, everything will remain the same etc.  Then I guess my question is, why then do you care whether the site moves to CCS or whether it stays put under administration and financial backing of current members? </p>

</p>

That is the question i think the most people would like answered.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Ton, nobody has attacked your credibility at any point, nor have I seen anyone getting personal towards you.

The biggest issue I see and am reading is that as TSD says above, there are questions that have been very important to those who are not in favor of the move not being answered.

What happens with the followers on Facebook and Twitter? Who keeps control?

Who will own the sites URL?

If people are offering help and services, why are we even talking about CCS and not having a new thread about who will run what? This is the BIGGEST question and the fact that it hasn't been answered is what I see as bothering the no voting posters the most. The answer many are believing is that you want to just be done with IHN and running the site in general and rather pass it along to Rush. You can be mad and think we are calling it a conspiracy or questioning your character which, for the record none of us are, but it's now Wednesday and this question is on every page of this topic and it hasn't been answered and it's the biggest push to keep the site amongst the community. So why shouldn't some be a bit unsettled because their questions, if not the biggest question in regards to keeping the site here, are not being answered?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="211238" data-time="1381940904">
<div>

Ton, nobody has attacked your credibility at any point, nor have I seen anyone getting personal towards you.

The biggest issue I see and am reading is that as TSD says above, there are questions that have been very important to those who are not in favor of the move not being answered.

If people are offering help and services, why are we even talking about CCS and not having a new thread about who will run what? This is the BIGGEST question and the fact that it hasn't been answered is what I see as bothering the no voting posters the most. The answer many are believing is that you want to just be done with IHN and running the site in general and rather pass it along to Rush. You can be mad and think we are calling it a conspiracy or questioning your character which, for the record none of us are, but it's now Wednesday and this question is on every page of this topic and it hasn't been answered and it's the biggest push to keep the site amongst the community. So why shouldn't some be a bit unsettled because their questions, if not the biggest question in regards to keeping the site here, are not being answered?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I would imagine his biggest concern with that is how many times in the past things have been farmed out to people, whether it's members or guest contributors only to have them immediately peter out in usually less than a month. I can imagine that he's worried that if we hand the reigns off to members to handle more significant duties, that it will fall as flat on it's face in the past then we'd be in a bigger predicament than we are now. If it goes to CSS, no matter what the lights will still stay on and people will have a place to go without worry that one month the server bill didn't get paid. I know I know there are lot's of ways around that, but it's just an illustration.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I agree with you Mass, but we keep being told we need constructive questions and this one is asked repeatedly from different members and it's not being answered straight on. You just gave the real answer but outside of you saying it, it's never been addressed by Ton to the rest of the community. If it had, it wouldn't keep getting brought up.

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="211240" data-time="1381941204">
<div>

I would imagine his biggest concern with that is how many times in the past things have been farmed out to people, whether it's members or guest contributors only to have them immediately peter out in usually less than a month. I can imagine that he's worried that if we hand the reigns off to members to handle more significant duties, that it will fall as flat on it's face in the past then we'd be in a bigger predicament than we are now. If it goes to CSS, no matter what the lights will still stay on and people will have a place to go without worry that one month the server bill didn't get paid. I know I know there are lot's of ways around that, but it's just an illustration.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Dead on.</p>

</p>

Plus, I'd like to add that members don't come here to do work, they come here to post and enjoy the atmosphere we've created.</p>

</p>

When we start handing out responsibilities to people that come here just to post, they will no longer enjoy coming here.</p>

</p>

And that's OK! I don't want people to come here to donate their time. I want people to come here, promote a good discussion, and most of al... ENJOY your time here. If that has to happen somewhere else, with the same atmosphere and same character group... so be it. I can care less about our name, where we come from, whatever it is. As long as we be a part of the same community and promote our style of discussion.</p>

</p>

I'll add more in a bit... hold tight.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="211238" data-time="1381940904">
<div>

If people are offering help and services, why are we even talking about CCS and not having a new thread about who will run what? This is the BIGGEST question and the fact that it hasn't been answered is what I see as bothering the no voting posters the most. The answer many are believing is that you want to just be done with IHN and running the site in general and rather pass it along to Rush. You can be mad and think we are calling it a conspiracy or questioning your character which, for the record none of us are, but it's now Wednesday and this question is on every page of this topic and it hasn't been answered and it's the biggest push to keep the site amongst the community. So why shouldn't some be a bit unsettled because their questions, if not the biggest question in regards to keeping the site here, are not being answered?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I talked to Rush, he said that he would include the IndianHeadNation name within ChiCitySports.com... which means we can keep our Facebook/Twitter accounts and I can keep the domain to direct straight to their Hawks section. Maybe a "presented by IndianHeadNation" can work, or something like that, in the main banner.</p>

</p>

Now, while I don't have much time to do everything around here, I'm sure I can afford some time to do the tasks I prefer, while still maintaining my status as an administrator to represent our group. Rush runs the whole operation, he takes care of the stuff that, quite frankly, I don't want to do. He knows what I care about accomplishing.</p>

</p>

Yes I will take less responsibility, but that doesn't mean I won't be involved heavily. We'll have a great foundation to keep building our community.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is still better than getting a CTA Ventra card.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Super Douchiev" data-cid="211231" data-time="1381939192">
<div>

I think the main question people who are against it have, are why do you prefer the merger as opposed to others from the site taking on the administration and financial obligation?</p>

</p>

That is the one thing I don't think you have clearly addressed.  Yes alot of comments have been made from the admin over at CCS as well as yourself that nothing will change, everything will remain the same etc.  Then I guess my question is, why then do you care whether the site moves to CCS or whether it stays put under administration and financial backing of current members? </p>

</p>

That is the question i think the most people would like answered.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Again, as much as I know everyone here loves to post here... how many people really think they can haul the ship in the long run? Is this a short term solution or a long term solution, that is being suggested?</p>

</p>

How long before people get sick of donating? How long before someone decides they can't handle a certain responsibility?</p>

</p>

The fact is, no one comes here to work. They come here to take a load off and talk shit to their fellow Blackhawks fans. Essentially, this is an online bar. When you go to a bar and the staff asked you to throw out the trash, wash some dishes, be a bouncer for the night, or pay the bills... even if you loved that bar, eventually you'd say "fuck it, I just want to drink"...</p>

</p>

Most here come here to post. I'm looking for a long-term solution, and Rush has a solid foundation in CCS. One that can flourish, and one that I think is the best option for us. Which is why I'm presenting it, but if it's a "NO" majority, then I can start to look at other options. Right now, I want to focus on the best option, which I believe in. If it's a no, that's fine, we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.</p>

</p>

These are great questions, I appreciate it.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
As far as the vote, how about we open up the polling next Sunday, not the 20th, but on October 27th, and let it run through November 1st?</p>

</p>

Is that fair? I feel like that gives everyone more than enough time to come to a sensible decision. I'll send a mass email to announce the voting date if we can agree on October 27th-November 1st.</p>

</p>

And so there is no confusion, the poll will have two options... YES and NO. The question is: "Would you like to see CCS and IHN merge together?" Simple and to the point.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="211247" data-time="1381943955">
<div>

This is still better than getting a CTA Ventra card.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

armpit-sniffer.jpg
</p>

</p>

Is better than getting a Ventra card</p>

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Spunky Porkstacker" data-cid="211201" data-time="1381926018">
<div>

New posters may or may not be a good thing ..... Frank G.,  The People love Flowers, Hawkfan 50 the rambler without paragraphs. and then Variables twin sister "<span style="color:rgb(238,130,238);"><span style="font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;">LadyHawk</span></span><span style="font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;">" <span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">to mention a few. I pop over to the O's once in a while and it reminds me of why I came here.</span></span></p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I enjoy the discourse folks like that provide. For every FrankG, there are 2 or 3 Porkstackers. </p>

</p>

That sounds funny.</p>