IHN and my time (Please read, everyone)

R K

And yes Tony I've had several members of this board tell me they don't come here anymore because of the idiocy. In fact I had one of those conversations last night.  Suppose, even though those are part of our original community, their opinions mean more to me than some guy who logged in three times and didn't like it.</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ton DeFrancesco" data-cid="212286" data-time="1382809028">
<div>

We reach 13 posts by the time 7 AM rolls around.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

<span style="color:#ee82ee;">Is that minus Stu?</span></p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ton DeFrancesco" data-cid="212291" data-time="1382813476">

It's not just him. There's plenty of people that I've talked to face-to-face that have said similar things. I don't really know the answer to that problem, but it's worth noting that it's not just 1 or 2 people that experience that when they come here. Most don't even bother to post.

Didn't your mother teach you: "Now Ron, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all."

LOL!</p></blockquote>

The model you propose is one where we all sit around a campfire and stroke each other. Like minded people gravitate to one another and extremely different personalities are shunned. It's sociology 101. Don't blame a few posters on that culture norm.

This site is like your favorite corner bar from pre-internet days. New members don't show up everyday and when they do they get vetted by the group through conversation that often includes criticism, hard language, and even intimidation.

If you some of you don't understand that it might be because you think a bar has to have loud music, and half naked waitresses.

This place might as well be the bar from Cheers. How often did new people show up there and immediately sit next to Norm?

If you want more traffic to the site, you need frequent and consistrbtly high quality articles about the Hawks, the game, sports in general, and Chicago. Don't pin this on the two tables with big personalities in the corner.

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigPete" data-cid="212317" data-time="1382875714">

The model you propose is one where we all sit around a campfire and stroke each other. Like minded people gravitate to one another and extremely different personalities are shunned. It's sociology 101. Don't blame a few posters on that culture norm.

This site is like your favorite corner bar from pre-internet days. New members don't show up everyday and when they do they get vetted by the group through conversation that often includes criticism, hard language, and even intimidation.

If you some of you don't understand that it might be because you think a bar has to have loud music, and half naked waitresses.

This place might as well be the bar from Cheers. How often did new people show up there and immediately sit next to Norm?

If you want more traffic to the site, you need frequent and consistrbtly high quality articles about the Hawks, the game, sports in general, and Chicago. Don't pin this on the two tables with big personalities in the corner.</p></blockquote>
That's a good way of looking at it as well.

Let's get this vote started.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
Like I said before, I like some new blood every now and again. A while ago there was a person by the name Holmstrom Screens. Yes, she was a Wings fan, but there was some great insight posted. </p>

</p>

I like discourse. It allows you to consider things and expand your mind.</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe you should sticky the vote thread. No one can post there and it drops to the bottom.</p>

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been silent the whole time and read much of the thread, but not all.  If this has been covered, I apologize.  Some of us from around the country (and world) don't really give a shit about the Bulls, Cubs, White Sox or Bears.  A "Chicago City Sports" site does not appeal to me in the least.  My favorite team is The Chicago Blackhawks.  While I may watch the Bears from time to time, I don't really give a shit to talk about them or discuss the progress or regress like I do the hockey team.</p>

</p>

As I'm no longer posting in NHTA, I only care about The Blackhawks and the NHL as it relates to The Blackhawks.  I don't really give a shit about anything else.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jaxhawksfan" data-cid="212333" data-time="1382913645">
<div>

I've been silent the whole time and read much of the thread, but not all.  If this has been covered, I apologize.  Some of us from around the country (and world) don't really give a shit about the Bulls, Cubs, White Sox or Bears.  A "Chicago City Sports" site does not appeal to me in the least.  My favorite team is The Chicago Blackhawks.  While I may watch the Bears from time to time, I don't really give a shit to talk about them or discuss the progress or regress like I do the hockey team.</p>

</p>

As I'm no longer posting in NHTA, I only care about The Blackhawks and the NHL as it relates to The Blackhawks.  I don't really give a shit about anything else.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Well since you're already so granular on where you post HERE.  Why couldn't you do the same over there and only post in the Hawks forum like you just said you already do?</p>

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because frankly, I think there are several posters here who are "close" with the team that provide insight otherwise unavailable.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Just don't see how trying to grow the site means those people have to go away. Have never understood that reasoning.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="212341" data-time="1382923386">
<div>

Just don't see how trying to grow the site means those people have to go away. Have never understood that reasoning.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Because "those people" are threatening to leave if the merger happens.</p>

</p>

I don't get it either.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimson" data-cid="212342" data-time="1382924263">
<div>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I can't imagine them trying to ban all 1000 of your IP's but envision it being attempted.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimson" data-cid="212342" data-time="1382924263">
<div>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

But I don't know why they would leave. Even if this merger happens, nothing really changes for anyone if they don't want it to.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="212343" data-time="1382925132">
<div>

I can't imagine them trying to ban all 1000 of your IP's but envision it being attempted.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I really only have 1 IP.  Even Helen Keller could proxy her way back into existence within 30 seconds.</p>

</p>

Ton knows this... he just loves me that much.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="212344" data-time="1382926548">
<div>

But I don't know why they would leave. Even if this merger happens, nothing really changes for anyone if they don't want it to.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

That's how I see it.  But apprently there's more than meets the eye on how IHN happened.</p>

</p>

I didn't know it was a collaborative effort.</p>

</p>

I can understand the reluctance of the founders...</p>

</p>

Yet still fail to see why merging with CCS is a bad idea.</p>

</p>

I see both ways.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimson" data-cid="212345" data-time="1382926721">
<div>

I really only have 1 IP.  Even Helen Keller could proxy her way back into existence within 30 seconds.</p>

</p>

Ton knows this... he just loves me that much.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I'm sure its been discussed.  More than once.  Here somewhat tolerated, there, who knows.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Yeah but that's like 2 or 3 other people you're talking about with founders. I don't see anyone else with any kind of rational reasoning to have to leave because there might actually be some new people posting, which would be the only real visible thing to them that would change.</p>

bri

Liked Posts:
Please don't slip into a deep Bripression.  I am only here to cast my vote, not to cast a shadow of gloom over IHN.  I apologize to those who left me messages.  I have not been on since early March and I do not have notifications sent to my email so I would have no way of knowing.  I expected to find this place thriving, but it seems more like it is on life support.  I hope it can find its way back to the fun welcoming place it once was.  As an original member I felt it was my duty to come back and vote for a place I held very dear.</p>

</p>

</p>

Tbird, If you are looking down on this train wreck, send Ton a sign and Happy Birthday to you 10/31.</p>

</p>

</p>

Happy Birthday, TSD 11/4.</p>

</p>

Happy Birthday, Mr Tot (Tater)  11/9</p>

</p>

</p>

I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and a very safe and Happy Holiday Season.</p>

</p>

Take care of yourselves and each other.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="212349" data-time="1382926993">
<div>

Yeah but that's like 2 or 3 other people you're talking about with founders. I don't see anyone else with any kind of rational reasoning to have to leave because there might actually be some new people posting, which would be the only real visible thing to them that would change.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I am not disagreeing with you, for once.</p>