Illini BB

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Griff, Ayo, Kofi = 22-30 from the floor. Excellent stuff from those three obviously. Griff went off tonight, but I really love how he has a positive effect on the game every night now, even when the shot isn't falling.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He's gotten plenty of that.

This team is better without GB. He flat out sucks. Maybe he'll transfer this offseason. He wouldn't start for any of the teams that make the sweet 16.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Are you seriously thrilled about beating a 6-21 squad? Lulz
Really bizarre post you have there. Illinois has guaranteed itself a winning basketball record in the toughest NCAA basketball conference and kept pace to earn the double bye in the B1G tournament. Is this another attempt from you trying to claim Underwood isn’t legit yet? He’s on the fucking Naismith Coach of the Year watchlist now.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Really bizarre post you have there. Illinois has guaranteed itself a winning basketball record in the toughest NCAA basketball conference and kept pace to earn the double bye in the B1G tournament. Is this another attempt from you trying to claim Underwood isn’t legit yet? He’s on the fucking Naismith Coach of the Year watchlist now.

Didnt Weber win coach of the year?
Sorry if I just want results other than getting a likely 7/8 seed in a conference that likely won't produce an Elite 8 or Final 4 team.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Sooooo....only Final Four teams should be happy to win games?

Never mind, of course, that we don’t know in February who those teams are.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sooooo....only Final Four teams should be happy to win games?

Never mind, of course, that we don’t know in February who those teams are.

I dont think you read that correctly.
Is the Big 10 deep and tough? Yes.
Does the Big 10 have teams that are likely to go deep in the tourney? Doesnt appear so.
Should Illini fans be satisfied with Underwood's tenure even with this year? No but the arrow is pointing up. As good as the Illini have been in Big 10 play, which has been decent but not that overly impressive, they were a steaming pile of dog shit in OOC play(and you know this). It has helped to put GB on the bench and go with 4 guards/smaller lineup more often so give Underwood credit for that

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Didnt Weber win coach of the year?
Sorry if I just want results other than getting a likely 7/8 seed in a conference that likely won't produce an Elite 8 or Final 4 team.
This is really super dumb.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Remind me of his overall win-loss record again.
Remind me of how bad Weber and Groce tanked the program. A 7/8 seed is a team on the way up. It's likely from what I've gathered, you don't understand college basketball very well. Wake Forest just beat Duke. You think Texas would have gotten rid of Barnes knowing how badly Smart has underperformed? Katz was really high on Illinois in the pre-season and still thinks they can make a deep run in the tournament. Here is Sports Illustrated pre-season Big Ten rankings-

1. Mich St
2. Maryland
3. Ohio St
4. Purdue
5.Fichigan
6. Wisconsin
7. Illinois
8. Iowa
9. Indiana
10. Penn St
11. Rutgers
12. Minnesota
13. Nebraska
14. Northwestern

Right now, Illinois is in control of its own destiny in the B1G tourney for getting a double bye as a top 4. That is over-performing pre-season expectations with a team that struggles to shoot the ball regularly.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I dont think you read that correctly.
Is the Big 10 deep and tough? Yes.
Does the Big 10 have teams that are likely to go deep in the tourney? Doesnt appear so.
Should Illini fans be satisfied with Underwood's tenure even with this year? No but the arrow is pointing up. As good as the Illini have been in Big 10 play, which has been decent but not that overly impressive, they were a steaming pile of dog shit in OOC play(and you know this). It has helped to put GB on the bench and go with 4 guards/smaller lineup more often so give Underwood credit for that
You suggested- and are still suggesting- we should not enjoy winning now because Underwood’s overall tenure is underwhelming. And because we are in a conference “unlikely to produce a Final Four team”.

We are 11-6 in a conference that has had five different teams ranked in the Top 10 this year.

And has 12 currently in the Top 37 in KenPom.

Nobody is praising last year’s record. We are enjoying a win in the present.

I am not thrilled with the overall record under Underwood. But suggesting we should be Negative Nancies because the conference might not have a FF team is silly.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Given where the program was when Underwood took over I'd say that this year looks pretty successful. Underwood has proved adaptable and a competent recruiter. That's more than you can say for either of his predecessors.

I just checked the standings, I think the Illini are all but guaranteed a top 4 seed in the BIG tourney if they can win two of their last three.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
2009-2010 season is the last time Illinois finished with a winning record in conference.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
2009-2010 season is the last time Illinois finished with a winning record in conference.

Solid win last night. I know NW sucks but I was worried about that one.

But Parade, we gotta chill on the Wood love. We've had this discussion before. I will acknowledge that the arrow appears pointed up but it's way too early to make judgements one way or the other. Let's see what he does in March. Let's see if Miller signs. Let's see who stays next year. Let's see if OA stays.

I'm not yet ready to anoint Wood as our savior.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Solid win last night. I know NW sucks but I was worried about that one.

But Parade, we gotta chill on the Wood love. We've had this discussion before. I will acknowledge that the arrow appears pointed up but it's way too early to make judgements one way or the other. Let's see what he does in March. Let's see if Miller signs. Let's see who stays next year. Let's see if OA stays.

I'm not yet ready to anoint Wood as our savior.
Adam Miller is 100% committed to Illinois. 100%. You don’t put “Illinois commit” at the end of a video like this if you aren’t.

I believe Underwood/Antigua/Coleman and staff will get Illinois where they should be. I don’t believe in Whitman at this point for meddling with the program.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Like whoever it is on the Bears board insisting on calling Anthony Miller "AntMill". Grow up.

Grow up? Lol. I'm not giving him a nickname. I'm just calling him Wood for short. If that bothers you, perhaps pull that ginormous stick out of your ass.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Grow up? Lol. I'm not giving him a nickname. I'm just calling him Wood for short. If that bothers you, perhaps pull that ginormous stick out of your ass.
Yeah. Like Madonna really has a last name, JLo is Jennifer Lopez and Branjolina was short for Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.