Illini BB

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Imagine giving a flying fuck about shortening people's names that you have to bitch about it. Who the fuck cares?

The history of sports is littered with shortened names/nicknames

MJ
LT
Sir Charles
Dr. J
D12
LJ
KG
MJD
RG3
The Big O
AK 47
Coach K
AI
TO
Dr. K
CP3
OJ
Kid K

I guess the appropriate abbreviation for Underwood would be 'Wood. In short, there are better things to bitch about.
I wasn’t bitching. I was mocking.

imagine being such a fucking tool that you spend time thinking up nicknames.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I wasn’t bitching. I was mocking.

imagine being such a fucking tool that you spend time thinking up nicknames.

I'm just lazy. Typing out Underwood is a chore lol

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I hope the Illini end up playing SDSU in the 2nd round and get some revenge on Brian Dutcher--the architect of the 1989 Michigan offense once Freider left. Fuck that guy. Maybe Fisher will sit 1st row for it too.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Illinois not ranked again. You would think they would have been ranked after being close from last week,

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Illinois 30 on KenPom and DePud is 90. Illinois is 36 NET and Purdue 35. That's strange. These formulas, particularly NET, appear to need some tweaks.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What have I had my "panties in a bunch" about exactly? Being a realist and not yet ready to anoint Wood as our savior means I have my "panties in a bunch?"
The AD losing Antigua was one such subject.
Perhaps that was unwarranted given that he just extended OA two years.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

I brought it up as a possibility given that OA's contract was over at the end of the year. Discussing things on a message board doesn't mean one's "panties are in a bunch." If it did, how tight must your panties be over me calling our coach Wood?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If Illinois doesn't keep him, OA will get snatched up in a nanosecond. May even go back to UK.

Typical Illinois if true.
It’s fair to discuss whether we think the Illini will keep an assistant and it’s fair to speculate on what will happen

But the criticism of Illinois for something that you fear may happen, as though it DID happen, is what I refer to as “getting ones panties in a bunch”

Had Illinois lost OA and you expressed unhappiness with that, it would be understandable.

But bitching about the Illini doing something and calling it “typical”, when they wind up doing the exact opposite is what earns you your reputation.

The “typical” Illini did the right thing.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
It’s fair to discuss whether we think the Illini will keep an assistant and it’s fair to speculate on what will happen

But the criticism of Illinois for something that you fear may happen, as though it DID happen, is what I refer to as “getting ones panties in a bunch”

Had Illinois lost OA and you expressed unhappiness with that, it would be understandable.

But bitching about the Illini doing something and calling it “typical”, when they wind up doing the exact opposite is what earns you your reputation.

The “typical” Illini did the right thing.

There is nothing in my post that constitutes "bitching." I said if OA isn't extended, he would get snatched up fast. And Illinois sports have a history of incompetence so there was reason to question what was happening.

Again, nothing wrong with discussing things before they happen. You act like I went off the deep end. The only person who has been going off the deep end is you when I refer to our coach as Wood.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So OA is sticking around? Thank God.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
There has been stuff going on behind the scenes that had many concerned. It started with the Walker “promotion”. I don’t believe all the kissy face stuff in the press release.