IST: Chicago Cubs (38-48) at Cincinnati Reds (45-42)

How many games do the Cubs win?

• 5...This is the year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4...They will rebound after the trade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3...Meh Reds are without Votto

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 2...Cubs are ready to pack it in

• 1...How could the Cubs trade Shark

• 0...Cubs are worse than 03 Tigers now

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The Cubs just leak runs.

Last night they allowed the first run on an error in the 5th. That run should never have scored. Then they allowed the winning run to get on base on a ball that should have been caught.

Tonight they are in a tie game in the 5th. The reds' lone run came due to Sweeney taking a terrible angle to the ball, and not cutting it off in time to prevent a runner from scoring from first. A slow RF taking the wrong angle (and not possessing a plus arm) is not a good recipe for success.

We need to get to a point where we play hard every inning and stop the run here and run there that become the difference between a win or a loss.

As much as I disliked his personality, Tony LaRussa was good at making sure his teams didn't constantly allow those extra runs. They squeezed out a run here or there that made a difference at the end of the game. And they won a game every week or two that could easily have been a loss. And those games make a HUGE difference at the end of the year.

I dream of getting to this point.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cubs just leak runs.

Last night they allowed the first run on an error in the 5th. That run should never have scored. Then they allowed the winning run to get on base on a ball that should have been caught.

Tonight they are in a tie game in the 5th. The reds' lone run came due to Sweeney taking a terrible angle to the ball, and not cutting it off in time to prevent a runner from scoring from first. A slow RF taking the wrong angle (and not possessing a plus arm) is not a good recipe for success.

We need to get to a point where we play hard every inning and stop the run here and run there that become the difference between a win or a loss.

As much as I disliked his personality, Tony LaRussa was good at making sure his teams didn't constantly allow those extra runs. They squeezed out a run here or there that made a difference at the end of the game. And they won a game every week or two that could easily have been a loss. And those games make a HUGE difference at the end of the year.

I dream of getting to this point.

So if we had Tony La Russa Sweeney wouldn't suck?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
There's another one.

And Arietta's last start, he allowed only one run, which scored due to Coghlan misplaying a ball on the first batter of the game.

It is like water torture.

And Sweeney would either suck less or play less. Or both. You can bet that if he didn't learn the proper angles, he'd sit. Period.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
How has Alcantara looked? I see he is 0/3 but good AB's?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
His 2nd AB was good. He took close pitches and didn't seem to be up there ready to swing at everything. A high strike started him 0-1, but he was patient.

His 3rd AB he chased a bad pitch.

i missed his first AB. Anyone?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Rizzo takes high and inside for strike 3.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
There's another one.

And Arietta's last start, he allowed only one run, which scored due to Coghlan misplaying a ball on the first batter of the game.

It is like water torture.

And Sweeney would either suck less or play less. Or both. You can bet that if he didn't learn the proper angles, he'd sit. Period.
If larussa was a manager of any team, Sweeney wouldn't even be on his roster

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
His 2nd AB was good. He took close pitches and didn't seem to be up there ready to swing at everything. A high strike started him 0-1, but he was patient.

His 3rd AB he chased a bad pitch.

i missed his first AB. Anyone?

His first AB he took some pitches and eventually popped out to shallow left.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
2323 is in another thread saying that he and Castro should be traded...
I saw it.. When I see stuff like that it tells me their either not fans of the team or their just looking to get reactions from other posters by stirring the pot

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I saw it.. When I see stuff like that it tells me their either not fans of the team or their just looking to get reactions from other posters by stirring the pot

The other possibility is that those posters are clueless.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:

The other possibility is that those posters are clueless.

Being clueless and having ADD all at once, probably leads to some pretty weird shit.