IST: Cubs(13-10) at Cards(18-6)

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Hopefully the bullpen comes through tonight.... as I'm typing this they give up a run.

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
Wild pitches suck.
Strop's cap may be hurting his ear.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Cards got the top of the line up coming up. Probably need to come up with another run in the 9th to be safe

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
Strop got it done. Good
That's as far as I can go.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Where was this Carlos Villanueva last year.... 12.2 IP 1 ER.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Strop needs a couple days off..
Wouldn't mind seeing Russell come in in the 8th if needed tomorrow

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I think that makes absolutely no sense.

That is saying, essentially, that you become MORE valuable to your team as they add more good players around you, which makes you less important to your team.

Or, phrased another way - in the eyes of the people who think like this, and many, many people do - as a team adds more and more good pitchers, their hitter becomes more valuable.

I think it is sad that all MVP voting has gone this way in recent years. It isn't a player's fault if his pitching staff sucks.

That is why they have silver slugger and other awards. The best "player" should be for leading his team to a play off birth. It should not be about puffed up numbers. That is why I see no problem with a pitcher winning the award.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
So how over blown is the chicago media going to make that whole Castro fake throw thing... Over/Under 2 articles about trading him in the next week.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Where was this Carlos Villanueva last year.... 12.2 IP 1 ER.

He is not a bad pitcher. He was used in longer situations and in spot starting vs short spots.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
One of these games, having a short bench is gonna end up biting Maddon in the ass the way he uses them up quickly. .

I could see a game going extras and they will be in 11th inning and he will end up having to bat the pitcher with 2 outs and tie or winning run on 2nd or 3rd. ..

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So how over blown is the chicago media going to make that whole Castro fake throw thing... Over/Under 2 articles about trading him in the next week.

If the Cards sweep anything could happen. Means little as Theo don't care what the media thinks.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
One of these games, having a short bench is gonna end up biting Maddon in the ass the way he uses them up quickly. .

I could see a game going extras and they will be in 11th inning and he will end up having to bat the pitcher with 2 outs and tie or winning run on 2nd or 3rd. ..

They are carrying 13 right now. They prefer 12 pitchers. But the staff has been taxed as we have been seeing.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
crap, blown walk come on Rondon close the door on them.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
They are carrying 13 right now. They prefer 12 pitchers. But the staff has been taxed as we have been seeing.
I understand that. . It seems though theyve been going with 13 more often then not lately

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

Alcantara homerism warning:

I think in an ideal world he gets on track and you could talk about calling him up and giving him a shot at a sort of LF platoon. He's kind of the ideal guy for a short bench given what he offers in terms of position and situational flexibility.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

They would look stupid because Elvis Andrus does it to Adrian Beltre all the time. lol

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That is why they have silver slugger and other awards. The best "player" should be for leading his team to a play off birth. It should not be about puffed up numbers. That is why I see no problem with a pitcher winning the award.

What does "puffed up" mean?

A guy who has a better year offensively on a team with shitty pitching should have the ability to be rewarded for his individual play with an individual honor.

You know what the award os for being on a winning team: The playoff berth!!