My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I have to say I've been a big proponent of keeping Bryant at 3rd, but I'm leaning the other now. Baez just looks really good at 3rd when I watch him there more. And Bryant had a nice defensive play the other day in LF and is really look pretty good out there.

I like Soler's bat, but his defense will hold him back from being the starter out there, imo. I think Baez and Russell make a tremendous left side. And with Almora and Contreous, the Cubs once again have an embarrassing riches of talent.

I'm starting to think the Cubs add a starter at the deadline this year if they can get the right guy.
Bryant already has 3 errors this year. He is stiff and plays D in a phone booth. Just puts more pressure on the SS. Better that he go to LF and become an average LF rather than a below average 3B

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If you were an Oakland fan would you give up Sonny Gray for Hendricks and Soler? That's what I'm getting at. Gray almost certainly would require two big pieces(IE Baez and Soler) and then maybe even more. And even then I personally don't think the difference in Gray and Hendricks would be worth the players you lose to make that jump up. As for depending on Hendricks in game 7, he beat Grienke head to head this year. He beat Zimmermann head to head twice last year. He can win vs top tier pitching. And frankly I'm not sure you'd even be pitching him in game 7 anyways. You might go with Lester or Arrieta on short rest depending.

I feel like people has this thought in their head that every team who ever won anything looked like the mets. Very few teams ever look like the mets pitching staff. Is Hendricks any worse than Derek Lowe? He won multiple big games for Boston in the playoffs. The Royals staff last year would have loved to have a pitcher like Hendricks. I could go on and on. Point being, if the cubs don't win the world series it wont be on Hendricks. It's more than likely going to be on their offense where they've sunk a lot of money and prospects into.

Soler and Hendricks plus a quality player in the minors. I doubt they would turn down Ceace

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Why would the A's trade Gray? They are 10-8 and on top of their division at the moment.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Bryant has been good at 3B. Baez has shown GG type play there and has the bat to justify it.

In a perfect world you play Baez at 3B and Bryant in LF and try to find a quality UI vet to back up SS/2B.

The thing is if Baez keeps wrecking the ball and Soler hits .200 it will happen anyways. My gut feel is Baez is hungry right now and is going out and proving his talent is starter quality. Soler I'm seeing him struggle in the colder weather and makes me question his motivation.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
CUBS_0.PNG

Cubs
Lineup 4/23
7:10 EST
CHC:John Lackey(R) (3-0, 3.66)
CIN:Dan Straily(R) (0-0, 2.70)
LINE: CHC -169 O/U: 8.5

Dexter Fowler(S) CF
Jason Heyward(L) RF
Kris Bryant(R) LF
Anthony Rizzo(L) 1B
Ben Zobrist(S) 2B
Miguel Montero(L) C
Javier Baez(R) 3B
Addison Russell(R) SS
John Lackey(R) P

Chicago Cubs at Cincinnati Reds – 7:10 EDT - Great American Ball Park Air Density Index: 66
Wind:
NE 5 mph
wnw.gif
Time:8 pm9 pm10 pm11 pm12 am1 am2 am3 am4 am
Temp:62°58°54°51°50°48°46°45°44°
Humidity:46%56%69%74%76%77%79%79%82%
Feels like:62°58°54°51°50°48°46°45°44°
Condition:ClearClearClearClearClearClearClearClearClear
Precip%:0%0%0%0%0%0%1%1%2%
Wind:NE 5 mphNE 3 mphENE 3 mphENE 3 mphENE 3 mphENE 3 mphENE 3 mphENE 3 mphENE 3 mph

chibears55

Liked Posts:
They didn't score in first but they made Straily throw 28 pitches..
Ill guess a big 3rd inning today

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Decent AB by Baez there to work the count a little bit. I also like to see him try the bunt. Love the small ball lately!

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i love this line up! 1-0 on a bomb by Addison Russell

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Pitch watch count - Straily with 50 pitches after 2 innings! Man, the Cubs can wear down a rotation.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Those who remember, does Russell reminds you of a young Sandberg demeanor wise ?

I also remember Ryno being encouraged to turn on the ball more, wonder if Russell got the same advice

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Pitch watch count - Straily with 65 pitches after 3 innings. It's gonna be rough for him the Cubs 3rd time through the order, imo.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Those who remember, does Russell reminds you of a young Sandberg demeanor wise ?

I also remember Ryno being encouraged to turn on the ball more, wonder if Russell got the same advice

He does remind me of Larkin offensively, but he's got that "make the tough play look easy' thing just like Ryno or Ozzie had, imo.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Is anyone else enjoying watching Lack in our 3 spot of the rotation this year. So far looking like another great move by Theo. It brings a solid veteran to follow our 1-2 punch of Jake and Lester. Definately puts the Cubs on the map for a 1-2-3 rotation, imo.

I would Love to see Theo land another starter that can push Hammel into the 5 spot before the deadline. Too soon to know who that might be yet.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Uhhh, that's a tough E on Russell. Rizzo should have helped him out on that one. Most SS's don't come close to making that play and he get's the E. That's where stats don't do a damn thing for me.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Is anyone else enjoying watching Lack in our 3 spot of the rotation this year. So far looking like another great move by Theo. It brings a solid veteran to follow our 1-2 punch of Jake and Lester. Definately puts the Cubs on the map for a 1-2-3 rotation, imo.

I would Love to see Theo land another starter that can push Hammel into the 5 spot before the deadline. Too soon to know who that might be yet.
I don't mind him, I'd prefer him as a 4 though

He seems to be the kind that looks good for a couple innings and then has 1 or 2 bad ones.

I just don't have that confidence in him to be that 3rd guy come playoff time..