IST:Cubs at Reds

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still can't believe the Cubs have one those pitchers. I always wanted a King Felix or David Price or Clayton Kershaw...we have one!

The pessimist in me always wants to think it's a mirage but I dunno man, he's pretty much knocked that out of me.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im not sure if Votto did that on purpose, but it kind of looked like it.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Hope they get this one in, hate to lose a Lester start

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol than Lester lays down a beautiful safety squeeze. Beautiful bunt

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Should be a fun week of Cubs baseball and a chance for slumping hitters to get going and pad some wins.
After the Reds ,they come home to 3 with Brewers and 3 with the Braves.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Man, what an offensive barrage by the Cubs. 3 2b's in a row and another 8 runs..... The Midwest Bombers I tell ya.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
cubs_win.jpg

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Should be a fun week of Cubs baseball and a chance for slumping hitters to get going and pad some wins.
After the Reds ,they come home to 3 with Brewers and 3 with the Braves.

That's the kind of schedule where you expect 7-8 wins. Off to a great start.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's the kind of schedule where you expect 7-8 wins. Off to a great start.

It would seem that way but if there's one thing that's predictable about baseball....is that's it's unpredictable. There always is a team that for some reason will give you trouble....and usually it's a team that you should beat.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
man i feel bad for the reds pitching staff. They threw 198 pitches last night and another 170 tonight. The cubs have thrown 242 in the two games combined

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jason Heyward is stinging the ball and cant get a break. They hit homeruns. They played small ball. It was great.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Jason Heyward is stinging the ball and cant get a break. They hit homeruns. They played small ball. It was great.

Like you said, Fowler will average out. But so will JHey, Zobrist and others. Bryant is showing signs, Rizzo has come alive, Addi can't buy a line drive spot, yet, I think this is going to be a common theme throughout the year. The Cubs can get offense from anywhere! personally, I see Hammel and Hendricks as the keys to the season right now.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meant to post this, I remember people wanting a closer.

Believe it or not, I actually had a few people email me in the offseason asking why the Cubs didn't go out and get an elite closer. The answer is simple: They already have one. Hector Rondon had a 1.67 ERA, 1.00 WHIP and 69 strikeouts against 13 unintentional walks last season in 70 innings. So far this year? Four innings, one hit -- a grounder with eyes, by the way -- zero runs, zero walks and eight strikeouts. I'm sorry his name isn't Kimbrel or Chapman, but he's elite.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good time to be a Cubs fan.

Been one since 1977 and it's never been more fun.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

What I like is that even when the cubs have trouble hitting theres a number of guys who still play good defense so it's not a total loss.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Like you said, Fowler will average out. But so will JHey, Zobrist and others. Bryant is showing signs, Rizzo has come alive, Addi can't buy a line drive spot, yet, I think this is going to be a common theme throughout the year. The Cubs can get offense from anywhere! personally, I see Hammel and Hendricks as the keys to the season right now.

I see it as if Soler gets it together or not more so. I'm getting the feeling that he is becoming expendable more and more. I'll argue that the team is better off with Baez at 3B and Bryant in LF. Sure Maddon put out that Baez should get 3 starts a week to give some days off to the starters. Honestly with Soler getting the day off you can make that 4 now.

This is my thoughts on it. They could look into taking Soler and Hendricks and looking to deal for a starting pitcher upgrade. At that point they promote Almora (who is raking in Iowa) and move Fowler to LF. You could argue on giving Fowler a contract for a few years at that point.

At Iowa Almora and Conteras are wrecking shop. I can see both factoring in very soon.