IST Pirates @ Cubs

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Figures. . Bloop double and a soft single to right

Cubs load bases and cant score

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Heyward can't hit and has made base running errors when on. Just this week he was involved in triple play running on a line drive, and yesterday failed to score from second base on a ball off the wall.

Cards fans are trying to convince themselves that RF defense makes up for it, but that's crazy.

Heyward is getting to the point where he is what he is. How long can you say the bat will come? Shelby Miller on the other hand seems to have figured it out. I was kind of surprised when Tampa Bay turned down a package with Miller for David Price instead opting for Detroit's package with Drew Smyley. As a Cubs fan I am glad they did.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Marlins take the nuclear action with Mike Redmond. Didn't see that coming despite the whispers.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I really hate facing pitchers from that 03 Marlins team

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Heyward is getting to the point where he is what he is. How long can you say the bat will come? Shelby Miller on the other hand seems to have figured it out. I was kind of surprised when Tampa Bay turned down a package with Miller for David Price instead opting for Detroit's package with Drew Smyley. As a Cubs fan I am glad they did.

I'd caution saying that. It's easy to forget he's only 25. I remember similar conversations with people about Bryce Harper prior to the season. Biggest problem for the cards in my estimation though is that he's going to be a FA. That's why I'd suggest they might have lost that trade. Also, not like he's hitting terribly. He's around league average. He's got 30/20 potential with gold glove defense. If he reaches FA after a meh year I'd be interested in the cubs kicking the tires.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'd caution saying that. It's easy to forget he's only 25. I remember similar conversations with people about Bryce Harper prior to the season. Biggest problem for the cards in my estimation though is that he's going to be a FA. That's why I'd suggest they might have lost that trade. Also, not like he's hitting terribly. He's around league average. He's got 30/20 potential with gold glove defense. If he reaches FA after a meh year I'd be interested in the cubs kicking the tires.

He isn't hitting 30 HRs.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
East coast bias..

I hate them going to whoever sitting there in NY to decide calls...

Yesterday clear tag at 2B, call stands as inconclusive

Today they over turn...

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just read the new rule under the MLB by-laws that all challenges must go against the Chicago Cubs. Not that they got the play wrong but they've called them wrong before against the CUbs.

My God, MLB officiating is getting near NBA quality these days.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Just read the new rule under the MLB by-laws that all challenges must go against the Chicago Cubs. Not that they got the play wrong but they've called them wrong before against the CUbs.

My God, MLB officiating is getting near NBA quality these days.

Next time Soler bats, Maddon should challenge the balls and strikes before a pitch is even thrown.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Come on now...
Gotta get a couple here. ..

Arrieta probably done..
sure Ross or Castillo will PH and strike out for him

Need soler and cogs to get it started

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Arrieta doesn't deserve this loss...but i have little hope in this offense today. They've been given a few small opportunities and have shot themselves in the foot multiple times

Liked Posts:
What the actual fuck Fairchild? Why is Jorge getting picked on today. Should be 1 on 0 outs instead of dickhead cutch robbing him of a double

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
McCutchen has saved multiple hits today. Hate that it's against the cubs but damn do I appreciate good defense.