It's Another VogelBomb! 2013 Minor League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
This would be BA's 2011 top 100. Of which players in the top 20 that year were; Harper, Trout, Machado, Shelby Miller, Chapman, Freeman, Chris Sale, Matt Moore. That's a pretty impressive list right there but selective knowledge is pointing out that the Royals had four players in that same top 20, none of which panned out even with Myers and Montgomery being used to get the Royals a top of the rotation guy in Shields.

Ouch. It seems like prospects do have some sort of value. I wont even mention how the Royals thru out all their years of being horrible, have possibly the worst reputation for developing prospects, so the Royals having a bunch of prospects is kind of like saying a library has a lot of books. Nobody checks out all the books at a library, but to each his own.

Show me somebody with knowledge here and trust me, somebody will read them.

Wait, did you mean you? (chuckles)

KANER!!!

that's illogical, prospects can't hold value they haven't played in the majors yet, thus serve no purpose. :parrot::rolleyes:

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
In other news, a former prospect in Garit Cole who made his first start today pitched well. 6 1/3 2 er 2K

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
In other news, a former prospect in Garit Cole who made his first start today pitched well. 6 1/3 2 er 2K

I watched him for first 4 IP. He got very nice FB. Nice slider. Only thing that concerns me is that for his stuff he dont miss many bats. Only 2K's going into 7th with FB in upper 90's makes me wonder if hitters can see ball out of his hand to well

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watched him for first 4 IP. He got very nice FB. Nice slider. Only thing that concerns me is that for his stuff he dont miss many bats. Only 2K's going into 7th with FB in upper 90's makes me wonder if hitters can see ball out of his hand to well

Eh it's the kids first game in the big leagues, may be jitters, may be him just trying to pitch to contact and get outs more then trying to strike guys out, we'll see next time he goes out there.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
13. Albert Almora, cf, Cubs
Team: low Class A Kane County (Midwest)
Why He’s Here: .433/.438/.667 (13-for-30), 5 R, 2 2B, 1 3B, 1 HR, 7 RBIs, 1 BB, 6 SO, 1-for-1 SB

The Scoop: If not for injuries, Almora’s season would be getting more acclaim. He missed the first month with a hamate bone injury that had sidelined him from early in spring training. He announced his return by going 7-for-11 in his first two games with low Class A Kane County. A hamstring injury knocked him out for a few days later in May, but he’s returned from that to rip off an 11-game hitting streak. Almora’s ability to pile up multiple hits in a game is remarkable. In just 19 games, he’s already had three or four hits six different times.

Dude seems to have a pure #2 hitters make up. They need to promote him and see if he can do this against better pitching.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude seems to have a pure #2 hitters make up. They need to promote him and see if he can do this against better pitching.

Agreed. I think he needs tougher competition.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Don't expect Almora to be rushed this year. The guy was just drafted our of High School last year and has a tick under 250 PA's as a pro. Best case scenario would see him at Daytona by the end of the year. He might start AA in 2014, but that would be a stretch.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't expect Almora to be rushed this year. The guy was just drafted our of High School last year and has a tick under 250 PA's as a pro. Best case scenario would see him at Daytona by the end of the year. He might start AA in 2014, but that would be a stretch.

Letting a guy sit in Low A while hitting .400 does nothing. Need let guy hit some struggles so he can learn. Him just dominating a league does nothing

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Letting a guy sit in Low A while hitting .400 does nothing. Need let guy hit some struggles so he can learn. Him just dominating a league does nothing

In a way it builds his confidence at the plate, but I can see what you mean.

sent from my beaver dam using tapatalk 2

Willrust

Liked Posts:

Rushing a 19 year old who has 90 PA in a league of which he is one of the youngest players is not a sound plan.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Tell A-Rod that.

Almora isn't ARod. In fact there have only been about a hand full of players in the history of baseball to do what ARod has done. However, if the Cubs want to pump Almora full of HGH and steroids, it sure couldn't hurt a rapid expedition through the minor leagues.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
we wont see Almora until AUG./Sept 2014 at the earliest, most likely 2015 depending on how much further he excells..

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Almora isn't ARod.

So?

Tell Jason Heyward that then.

Heyward was in AAA by the time he was 19 and starting in RF at age 20.

Oh but let me guess, Almora isn't Jason Heyward either right?

Heyward was only picked eight spots after Almora.

Almora was also picked instead of the best player in the draft last year, if he can't handle the pressure of being moved to High A ball, he doesn't have a chance of handling the majors.

It is only a move to High A ball. It isn't freaking like people are saying to rush him to the majors or anything.

Jesus people are dumb.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Tell Jason Heyward that then.

Heyward was in AAA by the time he was 19 and starting in RF at age 20.

Jason Heyward had 8 months on Almora considering he started at age 17 in the minors. Heyward also had over 500 PA in A ball before being promoted to High A. If you go back to what I posted, I had Almora at High A by the end of the year. Also, Heyward hasn't been the shining example of consistency.

Then again, some people have to get their panties in a wad over anything I post.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Javier Baez went 2 for 4 with 2 doubles in the FSL all star game. He provided 2 of the 4 hits for the North. He also came runner up in the home run derby. He had a nice weekend.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Geiger and Andreoli combine for 0 for 7 with a walk. Jorge Soler did not get a PA.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Jason Heyward had 8 months on Almora considering he started at age 17 in the minors. Heyward also had over 500 PA in A ball before being promoted to High A. If you go back to what I posted, I had Almora at High A by the end of the year. Also, Heyward hasn't been the shining example of consistency.

Then again, some people have to get their panties in a wad over anything I post.

Now I know why MS calls you dumb.

He has been hitting at a .400+ in A ball. Moving up to Daytona would be called a challenge. Not a major jump.

Swear you really are the babying sort aren't you.

Status
Not open for further replies.