It's Another VogelBomb! 2013 Minor League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I am hoping that Ha is up at AAA for good at this point and won't get yo-yoed back down to AA once Brett Jackson comes off the DL. I am guessing that this is the case otherwise I think they would have promoted Chen, who seems to be the outfielder that is called up to fill in for injuries at various levels

Ha off to a good start 1-3 ; ))

being a year younger, Ha has shown to be a much better hitter then jackson minus the power..
i expect Ha to stay in iowa and prob. get a shot with the cubs at some point this year after the trade deadline, if for anything a 4th OFer..

no doubt were going to see some promotions as they make some trades on the ML team, and we will get a look at some of the kids the final 2 months.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Ha off to a good start 1-3 ; ))

being a year younger, Ha has shown to be a much better hitter then jackson minus the power..
i expect Ha to stay in iowa and prob. get a shot with the cubs at some point this year after the trade deadline, if for anything a 4th OFer..

no doubt were going to see some promotions as they make some trades on the ML team, and we will get a look at some of the kids the final 2 months.

Great post bears !!!!
Lots to look forward to and thank God the season's not over yet !!!!!

Go Cubs !!!!!

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boise Hawks radio announcer tweets that a pair of roster moves for the Hawks at 1 pm.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Kyle Hendrick Stat Line Tonight:
8IP 5H 1BB 6K 91Pitches 61Strikes

Time for AAA!

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
May also miss the rest of the season, they aren't sure :facepalm:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
May also miss the rest of the season, they aren't sure :facepalm:

I still wonder how the Sox are able to avoid these issues for the most part. Maybe Theo was right that that is the next market inefficiency.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still wonder how the Sox are able to avoid these issues for the most part. Maybe Theo was right that that is the next market inefficiency.
We have some serious bad luck me thinks.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some more promotions are trickling in. John Andreoli is being promoted to AA and Bijan Rademacher is going to Daytona. Kevin Encarncion is moving up to Kane County. So that is a chain of OF promotions that don't involve any of the big 3.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Heard on the SCORE that Soler would be back before the end of the season and also would play Fall League.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
John Andreoli is being promoted to AA

This was his 2nd year at A+. He was held back with Ha so Hoyer could use AAA for injury depth. He lost a year regardless.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
This was his 2nd year at A+. He was held back with Ha so Hoyer could use AAA for injury depth. He lost a year regardless.
Yeah he was held back, but like I've said a few times now hopefully some overdue promotions trickle in the next couple of weeks as organizational filler like Ty Wright are removed for legitimate prospects.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

What, is he a CF or 4th outfielder possibly in the future? He has no power, decent AVG., good OBP, and stands to be a lead-off man or right handed Tony Campana from what I gather.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
What, is he a CF or 4th outfielder possibly in the future? He has no power, decent AVG., good OBP, and stands to be a lead-off man or right handed Tony Campana from what I gather.

Seems like reports or that he is a tweener in that he probably couldn't play center full time and won't have the power to stick in a corner. So probably fourth outfielder type, but if he keeps hitting than perhaps he forces his way onto a roster.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Seems like reports or that he is a tweener in that he probably couldn't play center full time and won't have the power to stick in a corner. So probably fourth outfielder type, but if he keeps hitting than perhaps he forces his way onto a roster.

Or he will be a throw in on a trade later. Hopefully he continues to hit and steal bases thru the ranks.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or he will be a throw in on a trade later. Hopefully he continues to hit and steal bases thru the ranks.

Another possibility, if you can hit you will make it to the big leagues somehow some way. Either way it will be interesting to see how does in another pitcher friendly league and a little bit more age appropriate level.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is Cubs Den brief description of him:
Andreoli is RH hitter who is an on-base machine with above average speed who can play all 3 outfield positions. He lacks power and elite speed, so he may end up being something of a 'tweener. Not quick enough to play CF and not enough power to play the corners. He's a good extra outfielder prospect and perhaps more if he can prove he can handle CF and/or hit for more power.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Wasn't the point.

2012: .289/.402/.376 412 AB at Daytona 55 SB.

He earned a promotion and got held back so Hoyer could use AAA of replacement depth.

Look at the big pitcher.

He signs Schierholtz to flip. Then he signed Bog and Sweeney for AAA.

Ha gets held back at AA. Amdreloi held back at A+.

It had nothing to do with earning a promotion. They both proved they were ready.

Jed just was looking to set up Dejesus and Schierholtz for cash in's. Sweeney and Bog were signed to back fill. Ha and And. were Jim's signings and they got held back because they were not their signings.

This is the way they roll.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Wasn't the point.

2012: .289/.402/.376 412 AB at Daytona 55 SB.

He earned a promotion and got held back so Hoyer could use AAA of replacement depth.

Look at the big pitcher.

He signs Schierholtz to flip. Then he signed Bog and Sweeney for AAA.

Ha gets held back at AA. Amdreloi held back at A+.

It had nothing to do with earning a promotion. They both proved they were ready.

Jed just was looking to set up Dejesus and Schierholtz for cash in's. Sweeney and Bog were signed to back fill. Ha and And. were Jim's signings and they got held back because they were not their signings.

This is the way they roll.

Ha isn't all that great, sorry. And minor league stats aren't how you judge a player, plain and simple. Being good in the minors doesn't make you a upper-level prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.