It's Another VogelBomb! 2013 Minor League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:
Shouldnt we expect Szczur to be promoted in July? He has had a full season at AA now. Hes batting consistenly around .290-.300 all year. Steals bases. Gotta like what the kid brings to the table

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shouldnt we expect Szczur to be promoted in July? He has had a full season at AA now. Hes batting consistenly around .290-.300 all year. Steals bases. Gotta like what the kid brings to the table

The clock is ticking on Szczur in more ways than one. He was added to the 40 man roster early due to some weird provisions in his contract to commit to baseball. After this season he only has two option years left, but it seems like the current FO is not particularly enamored with him probably due to lack of pop in his OF bat. I wish the Cubs would move him up as well, but I think Sappelt's time in the majors is probably going to be short and than their is a numbers crunch in Iowa with BJax and Ha.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The clock is ticking on Szczur in more ways than one. He was added to the 40 man roster early due to some weird provisions in his contract to commit to baseball. After this season he only has two option years left, but it seems like the current FO is not particularly enamored with him probably due to lack of pop in his OF bat. I wish the Cubs would move him up as well, but I think Sappelt's time in the majors is probably going to be short and than their is a numbers crunch in Iowa with BJax and Ha.

For starters there is no numbers crunch going on in Iowa. Right now they have Ha and 2 fillers who are 30ish YO. BJaxx has been injured. Even then he has sucked this year when he has been healty. So not seeing the issue. They could promote Szczur today and Iowa's biggest problem is Watkins or Szczur leading off.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
For starters there is no numbers crunch going on in Iowa. Right now they have Ha and 2 fillers who are 30ish YO. BJaxx has been injured. Even then he has sucked this year when he has been healty. So not seeing the issue. They could promote Szczur today and Iowa's biggest problem is Watkins or Szczur leading off.

Is BJax going to be down for that much longer though? Is Sappelt going to be in the big leagues that long?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Is BJax going to be down for that much longer though? Is Sappelt going to be in the big leagues that long?

Sappelt is just filler. Got to figure that Schierholtz and Dejesus are gone soon.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sappelt is just filler. Got to figure that Schierholtz and Dejesus are gone soon.

I agree Sappelt is filler, but I guess I see AAA still serving as taxi squad for a while. Sweeney is probably done until rosters expand at least. So if they move DDJ and Scheirholtz than there would be a clear spot in AAA, but I guess I am not certain that either will be moved at this point. Wouldn't be shocked if they were, but just think that they are hardly a priority to get out of dodge.

patg006

Liked Posts:
Baez first at bat of Tennessee a home run.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I agree Sappelt is filler, but I guess I see AAA still serving as taxi squad for a while. Sweeney is probably done until rosters expand at least. So if they move DDJ and Scheirholtz than there would be a clear spot in AAA, but I guess I am not certain that either will be moved at this point. Wouldn't be shocked if they were, but just think that they are hardly a priority to get out of dodge.

Unless they can be used to get some more international cash.

It is not a priority though. They could pull Dejesus' option and Schierholtz they have another year. Sweeney and Bog they do not have control of next year. BJaxx I can not see them keeping him on the 40 man if he can not hit in AAA. Wasting time with him.

Vitters same thing. Christian should be in AAA next year and I see Lake ahead of Vitters now.

Crunch time and it is time to start shedding the failures.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Nice on Baez.

Smart idea would to keep the Tenn core of Christian, Szczur, Baez and A.A. together and start them up next year in Iowa. Soler I feel fell back to Tenn next year.

This way all hit at the same time.

patg006

Liked Posts:
I'll get the jelly :fap:

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

Oh fisch.......

Still no pie

:tongue:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
#2 prospect on DL with a bout of legal Roids:

Meanwhile, Albert Almora, the Cubs' 2012 top Draft pick, had to leave Saturday's game with Class A Kane County because of hemorrhoids. He is listed as day to day.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp...tebook_id=52994636&vkey=notebook_chc&c_id=chc

images

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
He DHed Sunday and 3 for 4 if I remember right.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to reports, the Cubs are trying to pencil Junior Lake as the platoon right fielder next year. I am guessing they are seeing him and Nate the Great platooning. I will say this though. The Cubs would have two of the best right field arms in the game no matter which one is in. Lake has a arm that is unbelievable.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to reports, the Cubs are trying to pencil Junior Lake as the platoon right fielder next year. I am guessing they are seeing him and Nate the Great platooning. I will say this though. The Cubs would have two of the best right field arms in the game no matter which one is in. Lake has a arm that is unbelievable.

Interesting, but he has all of five games in RF. I am not sure Lake will have much look establishing himself if his only play timing comes from the short end of a platoon.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Outside of platooning in RF, couldn't he be a nice utility IF to get some more ABs?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Outside of platooning in RF, couldn't he be a nice utility IF to get some more ABs?

I've been saying that super sub type role is probably best for him, but it will be interesting to see how they try to get him established in the big leagues without a definitive spot for regular at bats.

Status
Not open for further replies.