It's Another VogelBomb! 2013 Minor League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Something is afoot. Junior Lake is being called up. No word on corresponding move.

Minor note as well is that Esmalian Caridad is finally being released by the Cubs organization.

The Cubs are expected to promote shortstop Junior Lake to the majors, MLB.com reports. Lake could take the 25-man roster spot of outfielder Brian Bogusevic, who aggravated his hamstring Sunday and is expected to be placed on the 15-day disabled list.

Lake has hit .295/.341/.462 with four home runs, 18 RBI and 14 stolen bases in 156 at-bats with Triple-A Iowa.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What's up with Zeke DeVoss?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like, what's going on with him? Where's he at? How is he doing? etc

He is at Daytona and doing the same things he did in Peoria last year (.248/.398/.365). Hit for a low average, draw a ton of walks, hit for virtually no power and stealing some bags. Interesting guy that I like but won't really know much about him until he hits AA against better pitchers. He has been on a little bit of tear recently as well hitting wise posting an .800 OPS, but he has been shifted completely to the OF this year which means his bat is going to have to play up a bit probably to make it as a full time starter.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is at Daytona and doing the same things he did in Peoria last year (.248/.398/.365). Hit for a low average, draw a ton of walks, hit for virtually no power and stealing some bags. Interesting guy that I like but won't really know much about him until he hits AA against better pitchers. He has been on a little bit of tear recently as well hitting wise posting an .800 OPS, but he has been shifted completely to the OF this year which means his bat is going to have to play up a bit probably to make it as a full time starter.

Damn. I was hoping he could settle in at 2B

That OBP is ridic.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn. I was hoping he could settle in at 2B

That OBP is ridic.

Yeah love the OBP. Just curious if he can maintain it against pitchers with better command that aren't afraid of him doing a ton of damage to mistakes.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Baez homers in the 8th to tie the game for the smokies then Alcantara double home Szczur in the tenth for the walk off.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Baez homerun from last night. Oppo field. The ball just explodes off his bat.

[video=youtube;dCMmQAwaMlo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCMmQAwaMlo[/video]

chibears55

Liked Posts:
i think after 300-400 PA in AA, if the kid can get his AVG to .280 or better and continues to hit bombs, we should see him up at some point in 2014

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Haven't seen this posted yet.

Bryant went 0-3 with 3 errors. :fap:

Can only go up from here :fap:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kris Bryant is coming to Boise! Sent up after only two games.

Also, Olt will get the playing time at third in AAA and Vitters will go to OF but a lot of people think he will be called up if/when Soriano is traded. Vitters has increased his walk rate albeit in a small sample size.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Kris Bryant is coming to Boise! Sent up after only two games.

Also, Olt will get the playing time at third in AAA and Vitters will go to OF but a lot of people think he will be called up if/when Soriano is traded. Vitters has increased his walk rate albeit in a small sample size.
After only 2 games? From the wailing and gnashing of teeth by some on this board over how long it took to get him signed, it's amazing that all of his baseball skill didn't atrophy to that of a Little Leaguer.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just looked at Vitters numbers. Very small sample size but in 70+ AB he hitting well. Lake only had 150 AB in AAA this year and made jump to MLB. Could see Vitters getting call if he keeps going like this for another 80+ AB

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just looked at Vitters numbers. Very small sample size but in 70+ AB he hitting well. Lake only had 150 AB in AAA this year and made jump to MLB. Could see Vitters getting call if he keeps going like this for another 80+ AB

He has walked almost half as many times as he did last year in about 1/4 the bats

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hannemann is batting leadoff tonight for Boise with Kris Bryant batting third. Bryant is also playing third with Dillon Maples taking the mound.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Baez went yard tonight for 5th time since being called up to AA

Pierce Johnson went for Dayton tonight and had a good line

5 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3K's

Also, Maples is doing well.

4 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 K's

Kris Bryant is 0 for 3 with 3 k's

Hannemann is 2 for 2 with a walk.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kris Bryant 0 for 5 with 5 K's in his Boise debut! Wowser!

Status
Not open for further replies.