Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ha isn't all that great, sorry. And minor league stats aren't how you judge a player, plain and simple. Being good in the minors doesn't make you a upper-level prospect.
Then how do you judge minor league players?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ha isn't all that great, sorry. And minor league stats aren't how you judge a player, plain and simple. Being good in the minors doesn't make you a upper-level prospect.

Again this is not about. This is about players getting held back to serve an agenda at the major league level.

You are trying to say this guy is not good enough to promote. I'm saying their numbers justified the promotion but they were being held back due to reasons outside of their abilities.

I would get your point if they were hitting .250 and nothing else to add. Both were producing and proved that they need to be promoted and did the time in at that level.

Fact:

Ha: 2012 .273/.352/.385 465 AB GG D.
2013 .284/.373/.358 109 AB (DL and shoved behind Szczur)

Again passed aside due to agenda vs production. BTW he is a top 20 ranked player on MLB.com so a prospect to boot.

And on John I posted his stats. Fact he had 55 SB and a OBA over .400 he should have been promoted as a lead off along side Szczur.

Again management's agenda to hold back players with some intangibles to fill in AAA with post trade depth held priority.

What proves this:

Bog gets promoted with Ha and John following suit.... Not only this. Bour was held back at 1B. Fact he didn't produce this year don't matter. He produced in 2012. Again to get another potential filler player ready for potential replacement.

It feels pointless to go further with this. It is what is and what it is is not due to the players lack of ability or production.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best answer so far.

by default :shifty:.

If you want a legitimate answer to your question is a combination of statistics and scouting. It starts out as heavily favoring scouting to almost the exclusion of statistics in the lowest levels, don't even try to pretend like numbers in the DSL or VSL mean anything, to getting to where you can really employ an almost 50-50 split, in my opinion, at the major league level. There really is a huge a jump between A ball and AA ball which is where I would really start paying attention to the numbers that players are putting up.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Seems Almora and Shoulders is not on the Couger's line up today. Any word if they are headed to Daytona?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems Almora and Shoulders is not on the Couger's line up today. Any word if they are headed to Daytona?

Not that I've seen, but it would be nice if that was the case.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Kyle Hendricks pitched another good game tonight.
5IP 6H 5K 0BB 87 Pitches 57 Strikes.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
All the teams in the org. are in first place except the big league club..... Nice job on having the best minor league teams...

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
All the teams in the org. are in first place except the big league club..... Nice job on having the best minor league teams...

Winning at the minor league level is pretty meaningless in terms of quality of prospects as well. Iowa is virtually entirely non-prospect.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Winning at the minor league level is pretty meaningless in terms of quality of prospects as well. Iowa is virtually entirely non-prospect.

Pretty much. But hey, those are the teams Theoyer want to build on.... While completely giving no fucks about the only team that matters.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, Jake Arrieta making his first for ICubs. 1st inning went alright. 2nd inning has started off with a walk, a hit batter, and a walk. Lets see where this goes. lol

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Daytona Cubs shortstop Javier Baez, the consensus top prospect in the Chicago Cubs' farm system, will be promoted to Double-A Tennessee on Saturday, a source with knowledge of the promotion told The News-Journal on Friday night.

Baez, 20, went 1 for 3 in Daytona's 5-2 win at Brevard County on Friday night. He'll leave the Florida State League after hitting .274 with a league-best 17 homers and 59 runs scored. The 2011 first-round draft pick also was second in total bases (160), fourth in RBIs (57), fifth in slugging (.535) and sixth in hits (82).

Baez was named Chicago's minor league player of the month for June earlier this week. He batted .300 with nine homers and 28 RBIs last month. His heroics included a four-homer game June 10 against the Fort Myers Miracle at Jackie Robinson Ballpark. He became just the second player in the FSL's 94 seasons to accomplish the feat.

Baez was twice named the FSL player of the week this season.

Baseball America and MLB.com rank the 6-foot, 195-pound infielder as Chicago's top prospect.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Now we just need to get Bryant signed... half-expecting Baez to struggle for a while now though, really young for AA and took him a while to adjust to the FSL

patg006

Liked Posts:
Now we just need to get Bryant signed... half-expecting Baez to struggle for a while now though, really young for AA and took him a while to adjust to the FSL

I dont like the dick around game with Bryant and Boras, but I dont call the shots.

I think Baez will be fine; seems like another latin player who gets hot when the weather does; he's been good lately--hopefully he brings his power with him.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Baez being promoted to AA is a big deal. The jump for A ball to AA ball is considered the second most difficult jump in talent, and it will be interesting to see how Baez handles it. The ripple effect of this move fasicantes me as well. Does Alcantara now move over to second permanently or are they going to promote Alcantara up to AAA to keep him at SS? I am guessing that Alcantara will move to second at this point, but it will be awesome to finally get to watch Baez regularly on MiLB.tv.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs Den adds another possibly interesting wrinkle to the Cubs promotion of Baez. Tim Saunders could potentially move from CF to SS to fill Baez's spot in Daytona which would mean that there would be an opening in CF in Daytona :thinking:

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Baez being promoted to AA is a big deal. The jump for A ball to AA ball is considered the second most difficult jump in talent, and it will be interesting to see how Baez handles it. The ripple effect of this move fasicantes me as well. Does Alcantara now move over to second permanently or are they going to promote Alcantara up to AAA to keep him at SS? I am guessing that Alcantara will move to second at this point, but it will be awesome to finally get to watch Baez regularly on MiLB.tv.

I hope he goes to 2nd base where he belongs. Both are high error players at the SS position, however, Alcantara being moved is the best thing to make room for Baez. Also like I've said before, management should look at Alcantara's splits real hard. To me, there is no reason at all for him to bat right handed. There is an enormous difference between LH and RH in AVG, Power, OBP...etc.

If Alcantara moves through the ranks, he projects to be an ideal table setter with some pop in his bat.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I hope he goes to 2nd base where he belongs. Both are high error players at the SS position, however, Alcantara being moved is the best thing to make room for Baez. Also like I've said before, management should look at Alcantara's splits real hard. To me, there is no reason at all for him to bat right handed. There is an enormous difference between LH and RH in AVG, Power, OBP...etc.

If Alcantara moves through the ranks, he projects to be an ideal table setter with some pop in his bat.

I believe that A.A. Will be converted into a 2B. He will need extra time at AA to adjust. With Watkins at AAA and Barney at Chi there is really no urgency at 2B so he can develop his D. Baez: about time. Even with his high errors BA still has him ranked at the best IF D in the system. Not sure what is his error problem but on tools alone he should be better than this. He needs more polish on his D or they need to move him to a corner OF spot. He has the arm for it and a plus bat that would play fine there. Over all this was over due and I expect some struggle. On the line up at AA. They should promote Szczur and have And. Lead off and play CF. he has lead off skills and has been miss placed in the line up to this point. That team should take off. Bour is also starting to hit for power and Christian has been on a mini surge. Adding Baez will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.