It's Another VogelBomb! 2013 Minor League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

patg006

Liked Posts:
So what do people think about Vogelbach? He is obviously a hitter but from what I am hearing he won't be able to field anywhere (range wise) at the major league level.

Trade bait or future 1B if Rizzo keeps hitting below his weight....

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what do people think about Vogelbach? He is obviously a hitter but from what I am hearing he won't be able to field anywhere (range wise) at the major league level.

Thats Keith Law. Reports are his defense is not as bad as the first thought and has made steady improvement there. Basically, if he keeps hitting. They will find a place for him to play.

czman

Liked Posts:
Silence, I want to thank you for the info you regularly post here.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Trade bait or future 1B if Rizzo keeps hitting below his weight....
This is what I believe and why I am not too worried about Rizzo succeeding or failing as a Cub.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
i said this was going to happen last week..

According to a variety of reports that appear to have originated with Ryan Larrondo out of Boise (later confirmed by Wayne Randazzo as well as Jesse Rogers), the Cubs’ top pick in the 2013 Draft, and one of the top prospects in the system, Kris Bryant is headed to the Daytona Cubs. For their part, the Cubs aren’t confirming the move just yet, per Bruce Miles. (UPDATE: Cubs have confirmed.)

http://www.bleachernation.com/2013/08/12/kris-bryant-reportedly-headed-to-daytona/

Cubs legitimate 3B prospects internal ranks

AAA Olt (5)
AA Villanueva (14)
A+ Bryant (4)
A Candelerio (15)

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea, been busy dealing with dickheads so couldnt post earlier. I said I thought he was going to Kane, but I totally forgot about Candelerio for some reason. I stated a couple of days ago. I thought he was going to Daytona when I checked myself. Also, hearing the proposed plan is for him to start next year in AA.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, hold on your junk. There are talks Baez will be going to AAA. Couple of speculations is to get him ready to see major league pitching and to maybe up his trade value even more to go for David Price. Now, the upping the value and trade is all speculation but Baez moving to AAA seems to have legs.

I want to see the power numbers for him in PCL! He is going to be hitting monsters constantly

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, let me throw some stats that I think get over looked greatly. I have also believed that certain hitters hit betters in certain situations. I believe in clutch hitting. Let me throws some of Baez stats.

Baez this year
Runners on .338 BA, .394 OBP, .708 SLG, 1.102 OPS
Runner in Scoring Position .357 BA, .426 OBP, .714 SLG, 1.140 OPS

Those are some video game numbers in just over a 100 at bats. I believe in the Baez.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
So, hold on your junk. There are talks Baez will be going to AAA. Couple of speculations is to get him ready to see major league pitching and to maybe up his trade value even more to go for David Price. Now, the upping the value and trade is all speculation but Baez moving to AAA seems to have legs.

I want to see the power numbers for him in PCL! He is going to be hitting monsters constantly

So, let me throw some stats that I think get over looked greatly. I have also believed that certain hitters hit betters in certain situations. I believe in clutch hitting. Let me throws some of Baez stats.

Baez this year
Runners on .338 BA, .394 OBP, .708 SLG, 1.102 OPS
Runner in Scoring Position .357 BA, .426 OBP, .714 SLG, 1.140 OPS

Those are some video game numbers in just over a 100 at bats. I believe in the Baez.

I am really scratching my head as to why they would consider trading Baez for David Price.

patg006

Liked Posts:
I am really scratching my head as to why they would consider trading Baez for David Price.

I would deal Almora and Soler first......Baez is the one I'd rather keep.

Cubs need that clutch hitting with runners on.....

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

My resoning on why we shouldnt. It would cost a lot more then Baez then it will a monster contract behind it. I think Baez is more valuable with those factors included.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Couple of speculations is to get him ready to see major league pitching and to maybe up his trade value even more to go for David Price. Now, the upping the value and trade is all speculation but Baez moving to AAA seems to have legs.

maybe their looking to move castro in a deal this off season and are looking for baez to start at SS next year

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vitters and Olt go deep for Iowa tonight in a 2-1 win for Iowa. I expect both up at some point.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

Why would you trade your top hitting prospect who you would have under control for 6 years ( the first 3 are league minimum) and get to see almost every game, versus paying David Price 20-25 million per year?

Might as well keep Baez and be the successful bidder at 26 million per year and have both on the team. That's what I would shoot for. :popcorn:

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
:fap:

Seriously; Bryant should be moved up. So should Vogelbach. And even though he's only had 7 appearances; I say move Pierce Johnson on up too, he's awesome right now.

Well! You got your wish. http://chicagocubsonline.com/archiv...-vogelbach-to-high-a-daytona.php#.UgmvEe0o4dU

Chunk will now join Bryant on the trip to Daytona and both are available apparently for the post-season. Don't hear that too much at any level in the Cubs organization. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
maybe their looking to move castro in a deal this off season and are looking for baez to start at SS next year

I doubt it. FO wouldn't give up on him this quickly after one decent season then a bad season. Plus, his stock is lower than ever right now in a trade methinks.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
A Price deal would require at least 2 of the Cubs "Big Four" and then Vogelbach and one of their better pitching prospects would likely be good.

I understand the ML team is awful and Price would give them the ace they have been lacking since Wood/Prior but I would rather see if their "Big 4" can boost the offense. The rotation is actually not too bad. They need another arm or so before they can compete but they need to fix the holes in the batting order first. There is a good chance Price hits FA, I'd rather see the Cubs buy him.

If the Cubs go after and get Cano, or Ellsbury that would open up some of these prospects to trade. Cano's contract could go anywhere. Some people saying 6-8 years at $20-25 million per. If they are able to get him for 4/5 years I would like to see them go after him as well as Ellsbury.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Prospect Graph:
MLB Chicago Cubs: OF Junior Lake
AAA Iowa Cubs: 3B Mike Olt, RHP Kyle Hendricks, OF Josh Vitters
AA Tennessee Smokies: SS Javier Baez, 2B Arismendy Alcantara, 3B Christian Villanueva, OF Matt Szczur, OF Brett Jackson
A+ Daytona Cubs: 3B Kris Bryant, RHP C.J. Edwards, RHP Pierce Johnson, 1B Dan Vogelbach
A- Kane County Cougars: OF Albert Almora, LHP Rob Zastryzny, 3B Jeimer Candelario, 2B Gioskar Amaya, SS Marco Hernandez
SS Boise Hawks: RHP Paul Blackburn, RHP Duane Underwood, RHP Juan Paniagua, RHP Dillon Maples, RHP Trey Masek
R AZL Cubs: Expecting RHP Jen-Ho Tseng
R DSL Cubs: Expecting OF Eloy Jimenez
R VSL Cubs: Expecting SS Gleyber Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.