Jalen Hurts

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Gardner Minshew and Mitchell Trubisky are on Minshew's best day birds of a feather. I dont see the value in having one over the other, if anything Trubisky's play these last couple weeks have elevated his stock clearly above Minshew.

Lamenting the Bears quarterback situation is fine, we've been doing it my whole life. But pretending that adding Gardner Minshew would bring the Bears any closer to rectifying that issue is complete folly. Minshew can barely play, and to say he takes care of the ball contradicts his biggest flaw which is that he is an absolute turnover machine with his fumbling (basically a ritual for him every game) and multi-interception performances.
Gardner Minshew and Mitchell Trubisky are on Minshew's best day birds of a feather. I dont see the value in having one over the other, if anything Trubisky's play these last couple weeks have elevated his stock clearly above Minshew.

Lamenting the Bears quarterback situation is fine, we've been doing it my whole life. But pretending that adding Gardner Minshew would bring the Bears any closer to rectifying that issue is complete folly. Minshew can barely play, and to say he takes care of the ball contradicts his biggest flaw which is that he is an absolute turnover machine with his fumbling (basically a ritual for him every game) and multi-interception performances.

LOL no. Trubisky isn't even remotely on Minshew's level.

Minshew has 37-11 TD to INT ratio, and a 93 passer rating. He does this on a much worse team with lesser supporting cast then the Bears.

Trubisky's BEST season, cant even remotely compare.

Stats are a thing.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
From the quarterback guru who brought you "Gardner Minshew takes care of the ball" we have "Jalen Hurts is a taller version of Russell WIlson"...the hits keep coming. I bet you can tell me also how Jacob Eason and Will Grier are surefire Hall of Famers for no reason other than the fact that the Bears passed on them. Trust me, if you had to actually watch Jalen Hurts or Gardner Minshew every Sunday you would not be wishing they were on the Bears.

I watch both of them, they are both better then anything the Bears have at QB.

Do you really think just playing make believe and pretending that Hurts and Minshews numbers dont make any Bears QB in history's numbers look like absolute shit?

Hurts looks exactly as I described him, he navigated the pocket and looks downfield just like Wilson. Dude is already a baller and he just started.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
LOL no. Trubisky isn't even remotely on Minshew's level.

Minshew has 37-11 TD to INT ratio, and a 93 passer rating. He does this on a much worse team with lesser supporting cast then the Bears.

Trubisky's BEST season, cant even remotely compare.

Stats are thing.
Yes, we have already established that you dont actually watch any of the games and basically just look at the statistics to make your determinations. That was obvious from the start, and reinforced as you have failed to actually explain any coherent description of Minshew or Hurts' play the backs up your wildly optimistic appraisal of their abilities.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I watch both of them, they are both better then anything the Bears have at QB.

Do you really think just playing make believe and pretending that Hurts and Minshews numbers dont make any Bears QB in history's numbers look like absolute shit?

Hurts looks exactly as I described him, he navigated the pocket and looks downfield just like Wilson. Dude is already a baller and he just started.
He looks downfield. Tell me, where else would he look? Upfield? To the sideline? At his phone? You should run a quarterback camp with these oustanding scouting observations.

The entirety of the Bears quarterback history since the invention of the birth control pill is atrocious. Yes, we all know this. Its a Bears forum we are not ignorant the reality of our chosen team. But that fact has no correlation to Gardner Minshew or Jalen Hurts.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Yes, we have already established that you dont actually watch any of the games and basically just look at the statistics to make your determinations. That was obvious from the start, and reinforced as you have failed to actually explain any coherent description of Minshew or Hurts' play the backs up your wildly optimistic appraisal of their abilities.

No we didn't lol. All you offered was 'they aren't playing good!', and I refuted by pointing out that they HAVE. The statistics support my position, not yours.

Both of them in small sample sizes have numbers that are significantly better then any modern era Bears QB in history.

On what basis are they not as good as their numbers? Why do their numbers look so good?

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
What he is saying is nonsense anyway. Hurts play has backed up his numbers. He looks like 6-2 Russel Wilson with absolute top level arm strength.
Yeah he's supremely talented, his game is just limited at this point.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
He looks downfield. Tell me, where else would he look? Upfield? To the sideline? At his phone? You should run a quarterback camp with these oustanding scouting observations.

The entirety of the Bears quarterback history since the invention of the birth control pill is atrocious. Yes, we all know this. Its a Bears forum we are not ignorant the reality of our chosen team. But that fact has no correlation to Gardner Minshew or Jalen Hurts.

I said he navigates the pocket and keep his eyes downfield like Wilson. Are you honestly telling me you dont know what I mean by this and think I am merely relaying that he looks downfield? Are... are you serious?

Yes, so why would you not want a significantly better QB then you ever have had lol.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wentz is out. They drafted Hurts for this reason.
Think they drafted Hurts just to have a potentially good backup for an injury prone Wentz they're on the hook for 128 mil. Of Course, they'll seek to trade him but what team, in their right mind, would take on that behemoth contract for such an unproven commodity. Do think there is a potential out in '22 but Eagles would still have to absorb massive dead cap hit to get rid of him before next season.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
No we didn't lol. All you offered was 'they aren't playing good!', and I refuted by pointing out that they HAVE. The statistics support my position, not yours.

Both of them in small sample sizes have numbers that are significantly better then any modern era Bears QB in history.

On what basis are they not as good as their numbers? Why do their numbers look so good?
No, you "refuted" my point by making completely wrong observations that would be immediately refuted by anyone who actually had watched Gardner Minshew or Jalen Hurts play. If Minshew was as great as you say why has Mike Glennon and Jake Luton started in his place? Why are the Jaguars jumping for joy that they are now in the driver's seat for Trevor Lawrence? I mean, he has such good numbers, right?

Or maybe statistics are basically meaningless in football. A view that is shared by basically every head coach and general manager in the league and the only real dissent ever comes from a few media members and fans who dont actually watch the games.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Think they drafted Hurts just to have a potentially good backup for an injury prone Wentz they're on the hook for 128 mil. Of Course, they'll seek to trade him but what team, in their right mind, would take on that behemoth contract for such an unproven commodity. Do think there is a potential out in '22 but Eagles would still have to absorb massive dead cap hit to get rid of him before next season.

They may keep Wentz until his contractual out, but Hurts will be the guy from here and beyond.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
They may keep Wentz until his contractual out, but Hurts will be the guy from here and beyond.
Except Wentz already crying about he wants to go if not the starter.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I said he navigates the pocket and keep his eyes downfield like Wilson. Are you honestly telling me you dont know what I mean by this and think I am merely relaying that he looks downfield? Are... are you serious?

Yes, so why would you not want a significantly better QB then you ever have had lol.
I am honestly telling you that are you so entirely full of shit and so obviously making everything up as you go along (like Jalen Hurts as a 6'2 version of Russell Wilson....lol) that I do not know what you mean. That is correct, I am honestly baffled by your inability to even guess correctly at the profile of these players.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Except Wentz already crying about he wants to go if not the starter.

Immovable due to the contract. I dont know what happens in Philadelphia this off-season, it's very obvious that Pederson wants to roll with Hurts and Roseman would prefer Wentz.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
No, you "refuted" my point by making completely wrong observations that would be immediately refuted by anyone who actually had watched Gardner Minshew or Jalen Hurts play. If Minshew was as great as you say why has Mike Glennon and Jake Luton started in his place? Why are the Jaguars jumping for joy that they are now in the driver's seat for Trevor Lawrence? I mean, he has such good numbers, right?

Or maybe statistics are basically meaningless in football. A view that is shared by basically every head coach and general manager in the league and the only real dissent ever comes from a few media members and fans who dont actually watch the games.

No, it wouldn't lol. Everyone thinks Hurts looks like a baller so far anyway, but obviously what happens on the field > people forming opinions based upon what they want to believe.

Minshew isnt perfect and he had a poor stretch, that doesn't change that he is significantly better then Trubisky and every other Bears QB in history lol.

Statistics are meaningless? On field production is meaningless in regards to judging players? Are you.... are you fucking serious? XD

Well hey guess what, GB has better D then the Bears. You say that doesn't bear out in reality? Well hey have you heard! Statistics/what happens on the actual field is meaningless when judging players!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
No, it wouldn't lol. Everyone thinks Hurts looks like a baller so far anyway, but obviously what happens on the field > people forming opinions based upon what they want to believe.

Minshew isnt perfect and he had a poor stretch, that doesn't change that he is significantly better then Trubisky and every other Bears QB in history lol.

Statistics are meaningless? On field production is meaningless in regards to judging players? Are you.... are you fucking serious? XD

Well hey guess what, GB has better D then the Bears. You say that doesn't bear out in reality? Well hey have you heard! Statistics/what happens on the actual field is meaningless when judging players!
Except our threshold for acceptable quarterback play is not "better than Mitch Trubisky" since "better than Mitch Trubisky" applies to quite a few other shitty quarterbacks who I dont want. You want to argue that body of work Minshew is better than Trubisky? Fine, whatever. It's like arguing over which kind of cancer is best to have. Fact is the Bears are hunting for the answer at the quarterback position, not a bunch of new questions. Gardner Minshew solves nothing, and his absence from the Bears roster is absolutely not worth losing our minds over.

As for your weird obsession with statistics, I dont know what it has to do with a comparison between the Bears defense and Green Bay's defense? I would say they are about equal, Green Bay has better top end talent (for instance ZD Smith > Khalil Mack) but overall the Bears have fewer defensive decencies. It probably cancels out, though obviously whatever the Packers are doing is working much better than whatever the Bears are doing so maybe that's your tiebreaker. But, to bring this discussion into some sort of relevance with our conversation....nothing in the NFL happens in a vaccum. Success is contingent on dozens of factors outside an individual players' control. And for that reason statistics are generally worthless.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Never thought Minshew was any better than a decent backup. He nor Mitch have much command of reading defense. Gardener has better deep accuracy. Mitch still wins due to better mobility and better short/mid pass game.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Pouring top hundred selections into quarterbacks every year is not a great strategy though. I know Ryan Pace promised to do it when he was hired, but Pace is also right to have broken that promise. I could only imagine the position the Bears would be in if the Bears passed on players like Jaylon Johnson, Whitehair, Eddie Jackson, etc. to draft quarterbacks have made little or no NFL impact yet.

Pace did not promise to pick a QB in the Top 100 every year. Jesus...

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Pace did not promise to pick a QB in the Top 100 every year. Jesus...
He promised to draft one every year, that's right. But your odds of finding a good quarterback outside the top hundred picks are slim-to-none. Since Tom Brady I can count four times a good quarterback has been selected outside the top hundred picks, and I'm really stretching the definition of "good" when I include the likes of David Garrard and Kyle Orton. Realistically its just Kirk Cousins and Dak Prescott.

So I dont see really the big deal in him breaking that promise. Especially when he have gotten some very good players out of Pace in the fourth and fifth rounds particularly.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
He promised to draft one every year, that's right. But your odds of finding a good quarterback outside the top hundred picks are slim-to-none. Since Tom Brady I can count four times a good quarterback has been selected outside the top hundred picks, and I'm really stretching the definition of "good" when I include the likes of David Garrard and Kyle Orton. Realistically its just Kirk Cousins and Dak Prescott.

So I dont see really the big deal in him breaking that promise. Especially when he have gotten some very good players out of Pace in the fourth and fifth rounds particularly.

I don't think he even promised to pick one every year. I'm pretty sure he said a QB should be drafted every year. Big difference.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I don't think he even promised to pick one every year. I'm pretty sure he said a QB should be drafted every year. Big difference.
Well even that's just a bad philosophy to have. Throwing away draft picks, even late draft picks, isn't a good way to win games.