Jalen Hurts

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I watched Hurts a lot in college.

He would literally make one read and take off if it wasn’t there. I get players can improve and evolve. I’d be amazed if he’s actually anywhere near ready to be an NFL QB though.

I watched some of his games and the common denominator was bad pass-pro off the edges. So in some situations, he's sacked if stays in the pocket. Conversely, when given protection, he goes through the reads.
If you have any footage of "make one read and take off if it wasn’t there.".......please share it. Thanks

.......anywhere near ready to be an NFL QB though.

In my many yrs. of following football.....just the opposite is usually true. Click here>>>> #28

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
>> #12 #24 and #27

I've seen this "skills translation" narrative batted around with various Qb's from Russell Wilson to Deshaun Watson.
When I hear it....I feel like that's the Qb to go with bcuz the pundits are usually wrong.

I've seen it before too, and sometimes it smelled a little funky. But there have been a shitload of QBs of all ethnicities that have failed in the NFL, with relatively few of them who have been successful for any length of time in the NFL, and even fewer whom I would call great.

It's a hard position to play, because in a perfect world the best ones are the ones who can assess a situation so quickly and do the right thing with the football that the defense doesn't stand a chance.

I'm personally biased against athletic QBs of any ethnicity. A lot of times athletic QBs will succeed in college but fail to make it in the pros when they're going against athletes that are bigger and faster than in college. Some athletic QBs will make it for a short while in the NFL before the injuries pile up.

That doesn't mean there aren't exceptions, but I learned my lesson with athletic QBs with Randall Cunningham. He was the ultimate weapon when he was scrambling, but when he got to Minnesota and started picking apart defenses, he was deadly.

Again good well thought out points on your preference of non- athletic Qb’s. And learning your lesson with athletic Qb’s.

So regardless of “ethnicity “ I’ve always favored the mobile, play-making Qb . ..going back to Fran Tarkenton when I was a kid.

And Later mobile Qb’s…..Rodger Staubach, Jeff Zorn, Joe Theisman (injured in the pocket), Warren Moon, Mark Brunell, Michael Vick (injured in the pocket), Doug Flutie ((respect this guy so much ), Donovan McNabb (he abandoned he’s mobility to fit into ‘pocket passing’) Steve Young ( I think he has the highest Qb rating all-time), Randall Cunningham( injured in the pocket) and John Elway. I’m missing others.

On Cunningham….he didn’t have good Qb coaching in Philly. Dennis Green( Minn) was much more cerebral from Qb a standpoint for Cunningham . Vick in Philly under Andy Reid (was much more cerebral from a Qb standpoint.)
Good Qb coaching matters. I think Hurts is getting this under Pederson, a former Qb

So my point, for me, the mobile Qb is the complete Qb. Ya gotta be able to make plays in or outta of the pocket. Ya gotta be able to pick up that first down. Ya gotta be able to buy time for the wr’s. NO I do not like designed run, where D can take shots at the Qb. Don’t like Qb option runs.

In Chicago, our OL dictates…..we have a mobile Qb.

Ya, Brady, Marino, Rothlesburger, the Mannings and Rivers always sucked. Foles never won anything either.

I shouldn't be doing this ? ?

What does your rhetorical comment have to do with Aquineas & my discussion?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
>> #12 #24 and #27

I shouldn't be doing this ? ?

What does your rhetorical comment have to do with Aquineas & my discussion?
Your implication of needing mobile QBs to win but it was days ago and I'm not going back now for full context.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Your implication of needing mobile QBs to win but it was days ago and I'm not going back now for full context.

(Context already provided)

Ya, Brady, Marino, Rothlesburger, the Mannings and Rivers always sucked. Foles never won anything either.

Right, so in other words .... who sucked or won.....had nothing to do with the discussion on Qb preferences and skill translation.
Gotcha'

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Clueless. Every thread you run to, you shit on. Nobody likes your goofy posts nor pays much attention. Ramble on.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Clueless. Every thread you run to, you shit on. Nobody likes your goofy posts nor pays much attention. Ramble on.

YOU don't like me. Then why the hell are u responding to any of my damn posts?
Me and Aquineas were talking about Qb preferences and skills.

And your clueless azz ( outta no where), starts talking about "duh, duh, Ya, Brady, Marino, Rothlesburger, the Mannings and Rivers always sucked. Foles never won anything either. " Then the next statement is a damn, bearly brained lie....." duh, duh, Your implication of needing mobile QBs to win".

Never-mind we weren't talking about which Qb's "sucked" or "won anything". Then ya get hostile cos I ask a question and bring "receipts".

I haven't been responding to anything you post for months.
You say....My posts are goofy. Fine.

Yet u find the time to sniff up behind my ass with immature, baiting, brainless, irrelevant comments. Just avoid me. But like a b*tch dog, you're gonna keep sniffing up behind my ass 'paying attention to what I post'. SMH
Just avoid me

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He backs up Humpty Dumpty Wentz
true, but still, i was in the mix for Bears to find a way to select Hurts for this team, but maybe i'm just being "hurt" myself aka me being a dickhead. i'm happy we got Cole and then JJ and i was in the mix of not liking the idea of the Kmet pick at first until sleeping it off after day 2, but now i'm passed satisfied now, maybe because Cole's catching passes in TC and built like a truck, unlike Adam Glassheen, also, Jaylon is just a good dude with a real ceiling. but yeah, i still doubt we'll see Hurts play this season, if Wentz get injured again, he'll most likely be done as a player, i mean, how times can he get hurt and cost the team?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't be disingenuous. 32 teams would not be rebuilding or looking for a QB. You are also revising your claim.

Your claim was it doesn't happen much at all. I gave you 7 examples within the past 5 years or so. Once you remove non-rebuilding teams and teams already set at QB that is probably close to half the teams that realistically would be looking for QBs.

Cool story? Still isn't the norm for teams to take that approach when they're looking for a franchise quarterback. Period. Doesn't matter how you try to frame it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cool story? Still isn't the norm for teams to take that approach when they're looking for a franchise quarterback. Period. Doesn't matter how you try to frame it.

It isnt rare which was your claim.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Remember when he thought Terrelle Pryor was going to be the GOAT QB? Yeah, Run and Shit has his "style" of QB and they all suck.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Waa. (paraphrasing here)
They were examples of HOF, modern era, immobile QBs, which argues against your values. That you reacted to 'sucked' as serious instead of it being so obviously sarcastic with that group is telling. This is where you say you were also being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

Your cluelessness is nearly unfathomable. It's why no one has extended convos with you. You're preachy while not relating to other's comments. Instead of offering an interactive counter view, you went elsewhere like you always do. Your weird proclamation and odd quote posts are, lets call it, curious. Nobody here needs to be a genius but you also don't need to be the encyclopedia picture for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.
29686073.gif

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
They were examples of HOF, modern era, immobile QBs, which argues against your values. That you reacted to 'sucked' as serious instead of it being so obviously sarcastic with that group is telling. This is where you say you were also being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

Your cluelessness is nearly unfathomable. It's why no one has extended convos with you. You're preachy while not relating to other's comments. Instead of offering an interactive counter view, you went elsewhere like you always do. Your weird proclamation and odd quote posts are, lets call it, curious. Nobody here needs to be a genius but you also don't need to be the encyclopedia picture for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.
29686073.gif

Like clockwork..SMH

They were examples of HOF, modern era, immobile QBs, which argues against your values. That you reacted to 'sucked' as serious instead of it being so obviously sarcastic with that group is telling. This is where you say you were also being sarcastic.

The great “convo” Aquineas and I was having, had nothing to with your comments...fact. And that’s where your misplaced “sarcasm” failed. Aquineas and I were discussing what WE valued in a QB. Period.

I generally always have interactive counter view with others. For example, the discussion I had with Aquineas ( which ended with us respectfully reaching a common ground).

Yeah….I always get your thinly veiled, negative baiting so called “sarcasm”.
Now…. Bring up the quote where I said anything about “being sarcastic”.

Your cluelessness is nearly unfathomable.
Instead of offering an interactive counter view, you went elsewhere like you always do. Your weird proclamation and odd quote posts are, lets call it, curious. Nobody here needs to be a genius but you also don't need to be the encyclopedia picture for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Without lying on me or misrepresenting facts.....What am I “clueless” about?

So.....Right I purposely bring up quotes to back up what I say and what others say ( nothing odd about it).
I especially use quotes to show where someone is lying, doing strawman-red herrings and twisting statements.
Of course, When caught in lies, you go into ad hominem mode.

Unfortunately, you have a propensity for doing all the above, especially lying and twisting statements. Which is very problematic. We’ve dealt with this b4.

As for Dunning-Kruger Effect, you might wanna look in a mirror.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah, after a player has had good games in the NFL you an call them a good NFL player. Lets see if he can keep it up, but he definitely looks more promising than any QBs on the Bears roster.

I was just kinda joking. I know it’s early.

That being said it’s just another damn QB decision that Pace fucked up royally IMO. I’d feel a hell of a lot better with him on this team than either of our second round picks this year.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He's been great the last two weeks, much better than I expected at this stage.

Although I feel like people were crowning Cam Newton after week 2 also and Gardner Minshew last year. NotForLong for a lot of guys, especially after some tape is out.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My dream off-season would have been canning Nagy for Roman and drafting Hurts. He's playing well so far but its a small sample size. Look forward to seeing what he does in the future.

mbison

Liked Posts:
I was hoping the Bears drafted this guy and now I fear that we missed on another great play maker

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I was consistently posting before the draft that the Bears should target him, and was pissed after the draft that they didn’t.

Took a lot of heat from multiple posters on here that it would be a “wasted pick” and that he is way too raw to ever be more than a backup. Even though all he did was win in college with 2 elite programs.

Would’ve been nice to have him backing up Mitch instead of Foles and that contract, right? Small sample size but he should improve with more experience. Some of the very people on here who clamor to have them draft a QB constantly never want them to actually draft one unless it’s in the first round.