Jenkins out for maybe 6 weeks.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nvmd. Guess he didn’t.

I know what you're talking about. I remember seeing that post and then reading this thread and being like what the hell were they doing, but yeah he didn't play. Can't trust these ccs posters.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd be tempted to let Carter stay at RG and let Davis play LG until Tevin is healthy, but I don't think Davis plays anything but RG...?
Not sure that Carter has looked better than Leatherwood who has been playing at LG... at least this week. Both looked good against 2nd stringers.

Easy to watch Carter as well.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jenkins has to become a back up in his last year. The Bears goal should be to have a great OL next year and if that's the case you can't be relying on him to start. You also won't be able to bring in a strong starting G by telling them they'll be competing to start. So unless you get a guy in the draft that can play day 1, then having Jenkins penciled in as a starter is an issue.

Odds are you aren't drafting a G rd 1 because it's not smart, and after rd 1 there is no sure thing a G will be able to step in day 1. Obviously lots of good G come from day 2 picks, but it's kind of a crapshoot. So preference would be to add a starting G in FA (or hope Carter can stand out this year).
It's why you develop Gs from late round or discarded Ts like Carter and Leatherwood.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
strained calf : both legs.
Sounds like a stretching issue
My questions is....what role do Bear trainers have in all this?

Jim Arthur is in his second season as the team's head strength and conditioning coach in 2023 and his 13th overall with the Bears. Arthur possesses 21 years of NFL experience, including 12 in Chicago where he worked on the Bears' strength and conditioning staff from 2005-15.

Noble Landry, Assistant Strength and Conditioning
Pierre Ngo, Assistant Strength and Conditioning

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I just don't understand how they can say at this point that he will be out week 1 unless they are more severe strains. That would be 24 days days since his last practice. Calf strains can be tricky but it is kind of early to be labeling out to start the regular season. Just weird.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just don't understand how they can say at this point that he will be out week 1 unless they are more severe strains. That would be 24 days days since his last practice. Calf strains can be tricky but it is kind of early to be labeling out to start the regular season. Just weird.

His back could be causing pain in his legs and they're just saying its the calves

I just can't see any other way he hurts both of them

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Jim Arthur is in his second season as the team's head strength and conditioning coach in 2023 and his 13th overall with the Bears. Arthur possesses 21 years of NFL experience, including 12 in Chicago where he worked on the Bears' strength and conditioning staff from 2005-15.

A double calf strain? He either jumped off a building or this is the most pathetic out of shape injury I’ve ever heard.
Not a prediction but could conceivably also be from a back issue,

Not related but watching all the 2nd and 3rd stringers last game has me thinking we have a VG OL coach. beside improved technique, these guys know their responsibilities at the 2nd+ levels.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:

There you have it, folks. It's a stretching issue. /Endthread

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

Where's pep Hamilton when you need him?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

There you have it, folks. It's a stretching issue. /Endthread

Preventing Calf Pulls | Guides | Health

The best way to prevent a calf tear is to be on a regular stretching program so your calf is the proper length. ...

here's more

You can reduce your risk of a pulled calf muscle by:
  1. Keeping your calf muscles strong and conditioned.
  2. Stretching routinely.
  3. Not pushing through pain.
  4. Resting and recovering between workouts.
  5. Using proper technique when playing sports.
  6. Warming up and stretching your calf muscles before physical activity.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strength and Conditioning Coach Salary NFL and College​

Strength and Conditioning Coach Salary in NFL is around $500,000 per season and the figure can rise to $600,000 depending on experience.

The Salary range for an NFL strength and conditioning coach in the United States can vary based on experience, performance, team, and location.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The best way to prevent a calf tear is to be on a regular stretching program so your calf is the proper length. ...

here's more

2. Stretching routinely.
Dude was doing Pilates on his own beyond Halas training. Of course he stretches. He may have pushed through pain or it's back related. What can happen when you change something up to strengthen or mod technique is that you work through a strain on one side by overusing the other in the same way. We can hope it's that and not his back and the dude has been very concise of his situation. He does not look naturally athletic but is a beast that moves much better than you'd think by his appearance. May rely on strength over leverage/alignment a bit and that can help initiate this sort of thing, whether muscle strain or back caused.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

here's more

2. Stretching routinely.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strength and Conditioning Coach Salary NFL and College​

Strength and Conditioning Coach Salary in NFL is around $500,000 per season and the figure can rise to $600,000 depending on experience.

The Salary range for an NFL strength and conditioning coach in the United States can vary based on experience, performance, team, and location.

Dude was doing Pilates on his own beyond Halas training. Of course he stretches. He may have pushed through pain or it's back related. What can happen when you change something up to strengthen or mod technique is that you work through a strain on one side by overusing the other in the same way. We can hope it's that and not his back and the dude has been very concise of his situation. He does not look naturally athletic but is a beast that moves much better than you'd think by his appearance. May rely on strength over leverage/alignment a bit and that can help initiate this sort of thing, whether muscle strain or back caused.

I'm looking at the Bears strength and conditioning staff (as mentioned in link #76 ) They're paid six figures to stay on top of whats going on withthe player health and proper conditioning. And prevent injury and/ or reoccurring in injury

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No way are they going to sign Risner if he's looking for $8/$10 mil per or anything close to that like it says in this article that he was projected to get and not sure they'll sign anyone just to come in for what could be up to 6 games.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm looking at the Bears strength and conditioning staff (as mentioned in link #76 )They're paid six figures to stay on top of whats going on withthe player health and proper conditioning. And prevent injury and/ or reoccurring in injury
Unless it's common to the rest of the team, there is absolutely no reason to point at the trainers.