Jim Hendry Fired As GM Of The Cubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
This really is the end of an era. Hendry was the legacy of Andy MacPhail's time as Team President. An interesting era with many ups and more downs. I agree with DaBears that it is at least a time to be cautiously optimistic about the team's chances. It is clear that Ricketts is capable of working well under the radar by this move, and unforuantely I don't think we are going to get many signals about the GM until the decision is made.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
This really is the end of an era. Hendry was the legacy of Andy MacPhail's time as Team President. An interesting era with many ups and more downs. I agree with DaBears that it is at least a time to be cautiously optimistic about the team's chances. It is clear that Ricketts is capable of working well under the radar by this move, and unforuantely I don't think we are going to get many signals about the GM until the decision is made.

I do give Ricketts alot of credit of this not being leaked out. To basically made this decision 3.5 weeks ago and everyone just found out today thats impressive to me. So i dont see much getting leaked on who the next GM be. Should be fun reading alot of articles on everyone guess though

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do have one question for you guys. When do you think the new GM will be announced? My dad thinks it be sooner rather then later so the guy can scout Cubs to see who he likes or not. I think it will be after World Series so they can talk to whoever they want.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do have one question for you guys. When do you think the new GM will be announced? My dad thinks it be sooner rather then later so the guy can scout Cubs to see who he likes or not. I think it will be after World Series so they can talk to whoever they want.

Considering this move has been decided since before the trade deadline..

I wouldn't doubt we've got someone close to being lined up.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:

I am guessing sometime after the World Series and before the GM Meetings in November.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be honest.. I have a feeling its gonna be right as the regular season finishes.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
To be honest.. I have a feeling its gonna be right as the regular season finishes.

That would be the best case scenario, though today would be better. Let him see the team first hand so he knows what needs to be done and what he actually has.

Then Quade gets fired, and the search for a new manager begins.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Considering this move has been decided since before the trade deadline..

I wouldn't doubt we've got someone close to being lined up.

Yea his name is Randy Bush. Everyone get ready for the Bush era!

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's more of a symbolic gesture than anything else, or at least it is to me. Hendry being gone marks the dawn of a new era in Chicago Cubs baseball. Wether it's for better or worse, we'll just have to wait and see. That being said, I must admit that I'm cautiously optimistic about this whole situation.

J

I can agree with everything you said.

Especially the cautiously optimistic part.

I just will never agree with the getting rid of someone just to get rid of them.

I still think the timing is bad regardless of the final outcome.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Randy Bush won't be GM, I can guarantee that.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I can agree with everything you said.

Especially the cautiously optimistic part.

I just will never agree with the getting rid of someone just to get rid of them.

I still think the timing is bad regardless of the final outcome.

why?

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Ricketts was capable of keeping Hendry's departure from the Cubs' Organization under wraps for 3+ weeks, who knows what else he's capable of. Hell, he might even have a successor already lined up and is just waiting for the right time to announce it. It's doubtful, but you never know.

J

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never have and never will get the Jim Hendry apologists.

its all about 2003 and getting ramirez. :rolleyes:

milton-bradley-suckcessory.jpg

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol that was one of the worst moves...milton makes zambrano look like a conservative mormon
i feel like as time goes by..hendry's track record goes on a downward slope

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the cubs apologists really confuse the fuck out of me.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Ricketts was capable of keeping Hendry's departure from the Cubs' Organization under wraps for 3+ weeks, who knows what else he's capable of. Hell, he might even have a successor already lined up and is just waiting for the right time to announce it. It's doubtful, but you never know.

J

Stars+Catch+Dodgers+Sweep+Cubs+WLdfxtXcUu6l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.