Jim Hendry Fired As GM Of The Cubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You honestly have a complex when people that arent a part of cubdom state anything negative about the cubs. I ramble on in both forums about both teams. I know what I like about both teams, and I know what I hate.

So besides a couple of pics ( harmless ) that are posted here and there, what is it that I have said that you disagree with? that might be better than the "zomfg walk off celebrations, cubs haterrrr" shit.

did you even read what I said? I don't have a problem w/ ppl saying negative shit about the Cubs...I typically agree. I just find it funny that you care so much. Dude, you said during the 2nd Cubs/Sox series that you wanted the Cubs to win so you could make fun of them. awesome Sox fan.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
did you even read what I said? I don't have a problem w/ ppl saying negative shit about the Cubs...I typically agree. I just find it funny that you care so much. Dude, you said during the 2nd Cubs/Sox series that you wanted the Cubs to win so you could make fun of them. awesome Sox fan.

What? I cant be amused by things? Whats the harm in that? If the sox were 50 games under .500 I would be wishing for the same thing, than I would go in the sox forum like usual and make fun of them.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What? I cant be amused by things? Whats the harm in that? If the sox were 50 games under .500 I would be wishing for the same thing, than I would go in the sox forum like usual and make fun of them.

yeah, you can be amused by things...it's just funny that you'd be amused if your team lost when they're in a pennant race. :shrug:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah, you can be amused by things...it's just funny that you'd be amused if your team lost when they're in a pennant race. :shrug:

Ok, you didnt understand me than.

the sox were in a pennant race a week ago, not anymore.

I would be amused if they celebrated like a bunch of little leaguers if they were under .500 by 15- 20 or so games. If they are in a pennant race, or any team for that matter, a walk off celebration that goes beyond some hugs is fine by me. my opinion, and I have it with all bad baseball teams.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I would be amused if they celebrated like a bunch of little leaguers if they were under .500 by 15- 20 or so games. If they are in a pennant race, or any team for that matter, a walk off celebration that goes beyond some hugs is fine by me. my opinion, and I have it with all bad baseball teams.

I guess that's fair enough...but the Sox are what, 5 games outta 1st? That whole division is awful. They're not out. They just gotta play better.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

stfu dewey your opinion is wrong and you suck cock

:yeah:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess that's fair enough...but the Sox are what, 5 games outta 1st? That whole division is awful. They're not out. They just gotta play better.

That is what we all have been saying all year, its coming to that time where we cut the cord for the year. Focus on Bears for you and Hawks for me. This is a big market city, Its too bad Chicago cant take over the sports map, especially baseball. If both teams were in first place and were absolute contenders, this city would fucking love it. 2 teams, 1 world series in what 90 plus years....that is sad. fucking marlins have 2...lame

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is what we all have been saying all year, its coming to that time where we cut the cord for the year. Focus on Bears for you and Hawks for me. This is a big market city, Its too bad Chicago cant take over the sports map, especially baseball. If both teams were in first place and were absolute contenders, this city would fucking love it. 2 teams, 1 world series in what 90 plus years....that is sad. fucking marlins have 2...lame

Chicago sports teams piss me off to no end. A city as great as Chicago deserves so much more than a laughingstock baseball team, mentally deficient football GM and Ozzie Guillen.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I told you before, I like cock. I like all shapes, sizes, and colors. So to say "you suck cock" is not flaming me, its very very true. Now comeover and let me give you a nice reach around bouy

only if it comes with a drink:yeah:

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
This should tell Cub fans what they should have already known. Ricketts was raped by the Trib when he bought, and has been learning as he goes along spending the family fortune.

If this were not the case, Piniella and donuts would have been shit-canned 14 months ago.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't really understand the CO comments here, considering that I have said before that I would like to see JH go, but I guess that's just lack of reading comprehension for ya. I do agree with Po that this didn't happen at the best time, I would have preferred that they at least wait until after August so that Hendry *might* be able to move Pena. However, all in all, I think that this will end up being positive news for the team. As long as we keep Wilken, I will be at least somewhat happy.

I also agree with Po on I don't see why people are overly estatic, when things could be a lot worse. Especially given how many people here feel about Ricketts, what makes you haters think he can sign someone better when you are blaming him for how bad the team is this year? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Don't really understand the CO comments here, considering that I have said before that I would like to see JH go, but I guess that's just lack of reading comprehension for ya. I do agree with Po that this didn't happen at the best time, I would have preferred that they at least wait until after August so that Hendry *might* be able to move Pena. However, all in all, I think that this will end up being positive news for the team. As long as we keep Wilken, I will be at least somewhat happy.

I also agree with Po on I don't see why people are overly estatic, when things could be a lot worse. Especially given how many people here feel about Ricketts, what makes you haters think he can sign someone better when you are blaming him for how bad the team is this year? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I'm blaming him for not doing anything til now to make the team better. Talk about reading comprehension issues.

The team is $500M in debt, and main focus is $400M renovations to Wrigley Field. It didn't sound like Ricketts was too interested in giving the go ahead on a large contract yesterday.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

I blame Hendry for how bad the team is this year...
And I've usually said that Ricketts hasn't done much but isn't that bad...
As for Wilken, yes, he must stay, so must Fleita. Ricketts wants them both too which is a good sign IMHO.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
"Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports says whoever takes over as the permanent replacement for Hendry will "inherit a potential gold mine." Owner Tom Ricketts is willing to spend to win, and there's always "the promise of deification should the new GM actually win a World Series." "

Some food for thought from MLBTR.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports says whoever takes over as the permanent replacement for Hendry will "inherit a potential gold mine." Owner Tom Ricketts is willing to spend to win, and there's always "the promise of deification should the new GM actually win a World Series." "

Some food for thought from MLBTR.

:yeah:

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm blaming him for not doing anything til now to make the team better. Talk about reading comprehension issues.

The team is $500M in debt, and main focus is $400M renovations to Wrigley Field. It didn't sound like Ricketts was too interested in giving the go ahead on a large contract yesterday.

It wasn't directed at you, but since you responded....

How has he done nothing? I mean c'mon look at what he has put into the farm system.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It wasn't directed at you, but since you responded....

How has he done nothing? I mean c'mon look at what he has put into the farm system.
Ricketts spent $12M this year on lottery tickets. Hopefully a few of them pan out.

The only thing Hendry/Ricketts did to improve the MLB team in 2011 was acquire Garza, and that seems to ruffle people's feathers here. :tiptoe:

Status
Not open for further replies.