Jimmy Garoppolo is not the answer

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think its a 1st round pick. JMO
There's not that QB that really stands out in the draft. You hear a lot of names thrown out in whatever order but there's not that 1 that really stands out above all the rest. If you were to add Garoppolo to the next draft, he'd be that one. He is worth a first round pick.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would trade a second round pick for him. Nothing more, because he's played like a second round pick. And then you'd have to wonder how great he is if BB is willing to toss him for a second.

BB tossed Chandler Jones for a late 2nd round pick and he will go to the Pro Bowl.

Jamie Collins was tossed for an early 4th and might be the best defensive player on the Browns.

He is being forced to trade Jimmy because Tom is not close to retirement.

AussieBear

Because they don't want to let him out the door for free. He has 1 year left. Brady is still the best QB in the NFL. You risk losing him to free agency for nothing. What are the greater odds, Brady retires or is playing after next year? It is obviously Brady playing. He has showed no signs of slowing down and has a desire to play for many more years. And anyone who has seen the Patriots operate know they aren't going to pay Garoppolo to ride pine.

old bodies break easier... his mind will catch up to the reality of his bodies matters... times catches all.. itll happen over night...

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I would trade a second round pick for him. Nothing more, because he's played like a second round pick. And then you'd have to wonder how great he is if BB is willing to toss him for a second.

Disagree!

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
BB isn't tossing him. BB knows he can't sit on him for another 3 or 4 years. The fact that you do not just means you shouldn't even post about this. You're only showing off your ignorance on the matter.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I worry that we are staring at a situation where the top 2 teams in the draft need QB.

Are we even going to be able to move up to get the QB we want? I doubt the Browns and 49ers are interested in passing on QB for us to move up.

So we need to look at other options.

bearsden

Liked Posts:
I worry that we are staring at a situation where the top 2 teams in the draft need QB.

Are we even going to be able to move up to get the QB we want? I doubt the Browns and 49ers are interested in passing on QB for us to move up.

So we need to look at other options.

yes lets unload the bank on a unknown QB. Sounds like a great idea!

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
old bodies break easier... his mind will catch up to the reality of his bodies matters... times catches all.. itll happen over night...

His arm strength is still there, always been a phone booth pocket passer so (lack there of) mobility doesn't matter, diet is legendary.

He is the GOAT and he will have great longevity. More so than grey beard Favre.

bearsden

Liked Posts:
His arm strength is still there, always been a phone booth pocket passer so (lack there of) mobility doesn't matter, diet is legendary.

He is the GOAT and he will have great longevity. More so than grey beard Favre.

one thing I agree with you on

AussieBear

He is the GOAT and he will have great longevity.

wouldnt suprise me if he can make another season or 2.. but he will just fall off.. it will happen... if im the pats, 800k as an insurance policy sounds cheap as fuck next yr.. especially for da truth...

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah but hes not in his 20s or even early-mid 30s either.... he'll be 40 next season...
He thinks he has many years left. The Pats are convinced he has many years left. There's been no indication of him slowing down or any of his skills eroding. It appears time is still on his side.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
wouldnt suprise me if he can make another season or 2.. but he will just fall off.. it will happen... if im the pats, 800k as an insurance policy sounds cheap as fuck next yr.. especially for da truth...
Not about the 800k. It's about the next multimillion dollar contract that immediately follows.

AussieBear

He thinks he has many years left. The Pats are convinced he has many years left. There's been no indication of him slowing down or any of his skills eroding. It appears time is still on his side.

favre went from a probowl qb to bum overnight

bearsden

Liked Posts:

I dont think thats going to happen. he can play another 4 years.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
yes lets unload the bank on a unknown QB. Sounds like a great idea!

What do you think the 4th pick is going to be?

A total unknown. We know more about Jimmy and he won't cost the 4th pick.