Jimmy Garoppolo is not the answer

AussieBear

they said the exact same thing before Favre had a amazing year at what 40?

then he laid a brick of shit the next.. it happens...

if jimmys so great.. keep him and let brady take a hike.... steve young vs joe montana... possible 15 more years of greatness vs 1-4.. easy call

bearsden

Liked Posts:
then laid a brick of shit the next.. it happens...

if jimmys so great.. keep him and let brady take a hike.... steve young vs joe montana... possible 15 more years of greatness vs 1-4.. easy call

well i dont think jimmy is that good lol

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I am suggesting that at the point when Alex Smith was traded he was on a downward trajectory.

I think they are worth comparable amounts.

I agree you are paying for an unknown, but that is where the upside is. With Smith the upside had been exhausted and we was just a solid starter despite being the 1st pick.
If the Bears went with Barkley, if he finishes strong, and JG for their, what would be around the 40th pick if that happened, I would think that would be reasonable. I don't see giving up 3 potential starters for a him as an unproven prospect, when you could have as good or better a prospect with their own pick. Add in the salary situation vs a draft picks salary and it just doesn't make sense at the 3 pick cost.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Can we just negtrain austinit and be done with it?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
then he laid a brick of shit the next.. it happens...

Yeah, Bill is gonna tell Brady to walk while he's still #1 in rating and at the top of his game. Brady is like a son to him at this point. He will be willing to play him for as long as he says he wants to play and he says he wants to play for many more years.

bearsden

Liked Posts:
If the Bears went with Barkley, if he finishes strong, and JG for their, what would be around the 40th pick if that happened, I would think that would be reasonable. I don't see giving up 3 potential starters for a him as an unproven prospect, when you could have as good or better a prospect with their own pick. Add in the salary situation vs a draft picks salary and it just doesn't make sense at the 3 pick cost.

i agree

AussieBear

Yeah, Bill is gonna tell Brady to walk while he's still #1 in rating and at the top of his game. Brady is like a son to him at this point. He will be willing to play him for as long as he says he wants to play and he says he wants to play for many more years.

business.... who gives a fuck how these girls feel

tom-brady2.gif

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
But HTJ can't be resisted

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah.. but you can let Montana go.. if you gotz steve young brahdah..
Only if you sense he's on his last leg and Brady is not. He's taken better care of himself than a Favre who was popping pain pills on a regular basis throughout his career until Corey Wootton ended it. And it was Joe who told the Niners he wanted to leave.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Another fucking Garoppolo thread. Really? Why is this shit dominating discussion on this board? It isn't happening, and shouldn't happen.

The Bears will go into 2017 camp with

1) Barkley
2) a draft pick
3) Hoyer/Shaw

Places 1 and 2 interchangeable based on the play/development of Barkley and the rookie.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another fucking Garoppolo thread. Really? Why is this shit dominating discussion on this board? It isn't happening, and shouldn't happen.

The Bears will go into 2017 camp with

1) Barkley
2) a draft pick
3) Hoyer/Shaw

Places 1 and 2 interchangeable based on the play/development of Barkley and the rookie.
Really? It's like you don't even care about the Bears or care about me mocking their shitty QB on a regular basis.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Really? It's like you don't even care about the Bears or care about me mocking their shitty QB on a regular basis.

My feeling is that you're jumping on the Jimmy train because you've become addicted to disappointment at the QB position.

If the Bears were to draft Davis Webb, and trade for Jimmy, and keep Barkley, there's a good chance Jimmy would end up the 3rd best QB on the team.