Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Just for the record, I was pissed the day that the Bears traded for Cutler, and fuming when I heard what they gave up for him. Offsetting that great call, I was ecstatic with the signing of Orlando Pace on the same exact day.
The tie breaker.

How did you feel when they signed Chester Taylor, Peppers, and Brandon Manumaleuna?

dabears2.jpg

That sweater, though?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The 20 million signing bonus needs to be in the cap hits.

2, 2, 18, 18 only add up to 40 million and all 60 would be accounted for in the cap hits.

12, 12, 18, 18 would be Jimmy's cap hits on a 16 million dollar deal and that is a lot for a backup QB when you are already jettisoning defensive players because you cannot re-sign them.
No. That is incorrect. If he is extended the cap hit would be 4 M per over the last year of his existing contract and 4 additional. Hence, the 5M,6M,6M for the first three then the 18M salaries and 23M cap hit once Brady is gone for the final 2 years.
And 5M to 6 M for an heir apparent is not too much, fucking Hoyer got 2M this year. Foles is getting 6M, Chase Daniels 7M, and Chad Henne 4M and McCown, 4.6M

Last edited:

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The tie breaker.

How did you feel when they signed Chester Taylor, Peppers, and Brandon Manumaleuna?

dabears2.jpg

That sweater, though?

LOL. Great question. I don't remember those 3 coming in the same day, and for that matter I don't remember Brandon Manumaleuna, so that is my answer to him. I am sure I know him when he was here, but those brain cells are obviously gone.

To Julius Peppers, I couldn't possibly love that pickup more. Definitely a Peppers guy here, and saddened when he left, although 99% of CCS wanted him out of here, you know those early Emery/Trestman fanboys.

Now to Chester Taylor, basically irrelevant when you have Matt Forte. But, we know it was like a jealousy think the Cutler fanboys hated Forte, so every time we brought in another running back, the Cutler fanboys would use that as ammunition against Forte that we finally have a running back who can score TDs, etc.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Now to Chester Taylor, basically irrelevant when you have Matt Forte. But, we know it was like a jealousy think the Cutler fanboys hated Forte, so every time we brought in another running back, the Cutler fanboys would use that as ammunition against Forte that we finally have a running back who can score TDs, etc.

I remember when Trestman came here and Rodney was saying how Cutler would be elite in his system and Forte would never keep up with the better WCO backs.

Five months later and Cutler had been outplayed by a journeyman backup and Forte had ~2,000 yards and 12 TDs and went back to Hawaii.

We never saw RodneyTaco again.

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
I prefer Trubisky and keep the draft picks.

I predict Brady gets traded to his hometown 49ers for a 1st round pick.
Jimmy stays with Belechik.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Ridiculous. What is wrong with you people?

Took the words right out of my mouth in regards to his second statement about Brady being traded. I agree with the OP about Jimmy though, and not just because he copied my username.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I prefer Trubisky and keep the draft picks.

I predict Brady gets traded to his hometown 49ers for a 1st round pick.
Jimmy stays with Belechik.

what is your obsession with Brady getting traded?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I challenge you to watch all his NFL throws and challenge anything I said in my initial post. You won't because you can't. You are great at being a snarky little cunt though.

Your argument against him is Cassell and Mallett are bad and he has limited regular season reps so he must be bad....shit is weak as fuck.

Not it isn't. It's extremely smart to stay away from patriot QB's

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Don't make me tell people you once said Jay Cutler would be better than Aaron Rodgers. I don't want to have to go there.

Dont make me tell people you said Hanne would make us forget Cutler

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. That is incorrect. If he is extended the cap hit would be 4 M per over the last year of his existing contract and 4 additional. Hence, the 5M,6M,6M for the first three then the 18M salaries and 23M cap hit once Brady is gone for the final 2 years.
And 5M to 6 M for an heir apparent is not too much, fucking Hoyer got 2M this year. Foles is getting 6M, Chase Daniels 7M, and Chad Henne 4M and McCown, 4.6M

Belichick would still much rather have the draft picks to play with then a 6 million dollar a year clipboard holder for three years. You may not like JG, that's fine. You may not believe he will be a Bear, that is fine as well. But if you think for a moment he isn't getting traded at the end of this year, your delusional. And when he does, it has nothing to do with Belichicks appraisal of him, as I think Bill B and Brady retire simultaneously.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
What do you think the 4th pick is going to be?

A total unknown. We know more about Jimmy and he won't cost the 4th pick.

I don't know, windy. JG has thrown about 2 games worth of passes in the NFL. His numbers were very good, but nothing that screams the next Marino. If we do acquire him via trade, we only get him for the last year of his rookie contract, and he has total freedom to walk after next year and decline our extension offer, rigjt? (Honest question). If so, it is absolutely absurd to argue that our best option is to give up valuable draft picks when we have so many holes all for a 1 year rental of JG. And I can make the argument that JG is a bigger unknown than J. Allen or M. Garrett, even with JG's 2 game NFL experience. Garrett and Allen have just as much, if not more, of a chance at becoming perennial pro bowlers than JG does.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Belichick would still much rather have the draft picks to play with then a 6 million dollar a year clipboard holder for three years. You may not like JG, that's fine. You may not believe he will be a Bear, that is fine as well. But if you think for a moment he isn't getting traded at the end of this year, your delusional. And when he does, it has nothing to do with Belichicks appraisal of him, as I think Bill B and Brady retire simultaneously.

He is definitely getting traded so the Pats can sell high and get actual compensation for someone that probably won't be in the league in a few years.

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
what is your obsession with Brady getting traded?

Brady is old.
It might be wiser for Belichik to keep Jimmy for the next 10 years,
rather then hoping for 3 more years of Brady.
Belichik trades away everyone.
I doubt Tommy is immune from it.
Also, what if Tommy gets injured next season? Then they keep Jimmy and trade Tommy.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Urblock: can you do something about all these red bar people? it's obvious they're not welcome here.

I can't believe this thread got 10 pages.

I'll weigh in though. Patriots logic = buy low/sell high: James Garoppolo is getting traded. Thomas Brady is not getting traded. Thomas Brady and William Belichick are going to inevitably retire together; this may happen in the next 2 years or 10. lastly, Spartan, bearmick, Rory, and FirstTimer are never wrong; omeletpants is great for history lessons. fuck Rodney and fuck Taco.

the end.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
We already have a young QB in Barkley that has outplayed Jimmy at all three levels of football. high school, college, and pro level. Let's dump him and trade our future.