Jimmy Garoppolo is not the answer

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
My feeling is that you're jumping on the Jimmy train because you've become addicted to disappointment at the QB position.

If the Bears were to draft Davis Webb, and trade for Jimmy, and keep Barkley, there's a good chance Jimmy would end up the 3rd best QB on the team.

Mick, he is a god amongst men. Davis Webb couldn't even start for Texas Tech. The only thing impressive about him is his ears. Stop stroking him. And Barkley over Jimmy, thats like saying Braverman over Welker.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Here is another thing to think about. Why would the Pats, if they really think JG is the next guy, not work an extension with him coinciding with Brady's contract expiration? Windy suggested a 2yr/$20M deal. Why would NE not just give him a 4yr/ $60 M extension with say $20M SB and salaries of $2M, $2M, $18M, $18M. That would control him for $5M, $6M, and$6M cap hits until Brady is 43 years old, then JG takes over in 2020/21 season paid as a starter.

$24M to get Brady's coffee for 3 more years and then take the wheel of a Ferrari vs a 1985 geo metro.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mick, he is a god amongst men. Davis Webb couldn't even start for Texas Tech. The only thing impressive about him is his ears. Stop stroking him. And Barkley over Jimmy, thats like saying Braverman over Welker.

Barkley was considered a potential #1 overall pick prior to breaking his arm. Jimmy played college ball against teams that would lose to some Texas high schools.

Barkley had one week to prepare for his two career NFL starts, and played well on a shitshow of a team. Jimmy had all offseason to prepare for his two NFL starts and played well in the easiest, most established position for any QB to possibly fall into.

Barkley came into the December snow and threw dimes. Jimmy played in the comfort of September and got hurt.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
My feeling is that you're jumping on the Jimmy train because you've become addicted to disappointment at the QB position.

If the Bears were to draft Davis Webb, and trade for Jimmy, and keep Barkley, there's a good chance Jimmy would end up the 3rd best QB on the team.

And there's a much higher chance that Jimmy would be the best QB on that team.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Here is another thing to think about. Why would the Pats, if they really think JG is the next guy, not work an extension with him coinciding with Brady's contract expiration? Windy suggested a 2yr/$20M deal. Why would NE not just give him a 4yr/ $60 M extension with say $20M SB and salaries of $2M, $2M, $18M, $18M. That would control him for $5M, $6M, and$6M cap hits until Brady is 43 years old, then JG takes over in 2020/21 season paid as a starter.

$24M to get Brady's coffee for 3 more years and then take the wheel of a Ferrari vs a 1985 geo metro.

Because he won't accept a deal that involves him taking a $2 million salary the next two years. Duh

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Hahahaha. Webb can't QB for shit. Barkley is a lesser Jay Cutler. Jimmy is a young Tom Brady.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hahahaha. Webb can't QB for shit. Barkley is a lesser Jay Cutler. Jimmy is a young Tom Brady.

Ok, phew, cool.

For a second I thought you were serious with all this shit.

Thanks for confirming otherwise.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Because he won't accept a deal that involves him taking a $2 million salary the next two years. Duh
Yeah but he actually gets $24M and his dad as expressed wanting him to stay in NE as I would bet he would prefer. Same money just backloaded and you could make the 3rd yr guaranteed based on being on the roster at the beginning of the second, so he would be guaranteed $42 M without ever having to play a down.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Cleveland will use Philly's 1st round pick to get JG making this talk moot.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok, phew, cool.

For a second I thought you were serious with all this shit.

Thanks for confirming otherwise.
Don't make me tell people you once said Jay Cutler would be better than Aaron Rodgers. I don't want to have to go there.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Don't make me tell people you once said Jay Cutler would be better than Aaron Rodgers. I don't want to have to go there.

My sunny disposition caused me to see the hope and optimism in 2009. Never one to shirk reality, however, I was the first to see him for who he was and spent several years courageously leading the fight against misplaced fanboyism, for which I was awarded the 2014/15 CCS MVP.

I now tell you that Garoppolo is not the answer, and the Bears are better off drafing their own, and seeing what Barkley can really do for a year. Whoever ends up winning that competition will not need to be paid like someone who's actually done anything before, and will not shit the bed as Jimmy would when finding out how hard the NFL game is on an average team without the luxury of a system that Matt Cassell could win 11 games in.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
My sunny disposition caused me to see the hope and optimism in 2009. Never one to shirk reality, however, I was the first to see him for who he was and spent several years courageously leading the fight against misplaced fanboyism, for which I was awarded the 2014/15 CCS MVP.

I now tell you that Garoppolo is not the answer, and the Bears are better off drafing their own, and seeing what Barkley can really do for a year. Whoever ends up winning that competition will not need to be paid like someone who's actually done anything before, and will not shit the bed as Jimmy would when finding out how hard the NFL game is on an average team without the luxury of a system that Matt Cassell could win 11 games in.
Excuse me, I was the first. That's right, the 2 time, not just 1, but 2 time consecutive winner CCS Troll!

I, never being prone to a sunny disposition, now tell you Jimmy is the answer. I also can guarantee you he is not Matt Cassel. Honestly, I checked their birth records and they are 2 completely different people.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Excuse me, I was the first. That's right, the 2 time, not just 1, but 2 time consecutive winner CCS Troll!

I, never being prone to a sunny disposition, now tell you Jimmy is the answer. I also can guarantee you he is not Matt Cassel. Honestly, I checked their birth records and they are 2 completely different people.

Troll is a minor award compared to MVP. It's like winning the FedEx Ground player of the week. I think even Jahvid Best has managed that.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just for the record, I was pissed the day that the Bears traded for Cutler, and fuming when I heard what they gave up for him. Offsetting that great call, I was ecstatic with the signing of Orlando Pace on the same exact day.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Troll is a minor award compared to MVP. It's like winning the FedEx Ground player of the week. I think even Jahvid Best has managed that.
Oh, please. There is no greater reward than being voted troll of the year on a message board full of blithering idiots. Being voted MVP is like those same blithering idiots saying you're the best blithering idiot.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
Matt Cassel != Jimmy Garoppolo. They are 2 separate people. Jimmy is 9 years younger. You are about to be banned so please make your final posts much better.

FIFY......your code won't compile :obama:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Dude, how can he resign with a team that traded him? It's happening. Get used to it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The 20 million signing bonus needs to be in the cap hits.

2, 2, 18, 18 only add up to 40 million and all 60 would be accounted for in the cap hits.

12, 12, 18, 18 would be Jimmy's cap hits on a 16 million dollar deal and that is a lot for a backup QB when you are already jettisoning defensive players because you cannot re-sign them.