Justin Fields or Caleb Williams?

What would you do with first overall pick?

• Trade Fields and draft Caleb Williams

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Trade #1 overall pick (big value back) and take Fields

Votes: 58 67.4%
  • Draft Williams and take Fields, put them in competition

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters

greg23

Liked Posts:
And what is Mitch doing now? Maybe Caleb or his father are actually thinking ahead instead of immediately going to a poverty franchise that can possibly fuck up his future
What's your point?

It's better for him financially to come out vs stay in school.......and it's not even close.

A non-poverty franchise isn't going to magically hold the #1 pick in 2025 vs 2024.......and if he wants to dictate a trade to a franchise where he wants to be; well....he can do that in 2024 as easily as 2025.

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
how many times have I seen this Headline, only to have a different college QB name inserted .......articles like these are so superficial and pretentious. No offense to your posting it btw.....articles like this are 'older than dirt'.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Again Williams stands to get about 40m guaranteed over 4 years with 30m SB paid in 2024.

He would be absolutely stupid to pasd that up for an NIL deal that is around 3m. More likely is he tries to force a trade.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'll be very interested to see what William's height measures to be at the combine. It's very fair to say that Lincoln Riley has a "type" of QB that he likes to recruit. Pretty gaudy stats that hits for a few years. Doesn't seem to sustain long term success. None of this is to suggest that Caleb Williams won't be the exception to the rule. It's a fair reminder to everyone though, that college coaches care about winning college games and college championships. They don't recruit players who are going to be Super Bowl winners.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What's your point?

It's better for him financially to come out vs stay in school.......and it's not even close.

A non-poverty franchise isn't going to magically hold the #1 pick in 2025 vs 2024.......and if he wants to dictate a trade to a franchise where he wants to be; well....he can do that in 2024 as easily as 2025.
My point being is he can make more money if he ends up on a team that won’t fuck him up down the line. Of course he will make more coming out now but if he goes to a franchise like the jets that is known for killing QBs he’ll be likely to ride the pine later on like Mitch. Of course forcing a trade is another option but then he’ll get a poor label as a result

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Yes, we're ignoring it because he never said it. His dad said, that if he wanted, he could stay another season. He also ranted about how backwards the draft was and a bunch of other stupid shit. Thing is, that's stupid. How often do great franchises have the #1 pick? Does he really think his kid is going to the 49ers or something if he stays another season?

Bottom line, this whole narrative is bullshit and based on his dad rambling like an idiot. Caleb Williams hasn't said anything about this, nor is there a y reason to believe he would actually do that. Nor is there any reason to think Chicago is absolutely one of the franchises he won't play for. It's all made up internet nonsense.
Has vibes of Lonzo Ball to me, don't need the "Dad" distraction. He will mettle. No thanks.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The first two are NFL losers, the terd is tbd....seriously, this has cemented my thoughts on what to do with the first overall pick, if da Bears get it. No f'n way do I want da Bears to pick Williams.....again, thanks for this insight.
You be correct.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes Moore is a great addition.
If you study film, you'll find the pass pro is not that good, in particular the LT position. And overall there have been
OL injuries, Luckily....JF has very good improvisational skills which allows him to extend the pass play.

And we have a OC that has never called plays nor designed an offense prior to last season. So I go back to
the fact that JF can't do it alone. 👈
The past two games have been better.

The biggest reason is fields not hanging onto the ball

But the oline has been better. The "film" shows that. Fields has been able to take his time. The play calling has moved the pocket a bit.

Absent the last game was the rando unblocked lineman.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yes Moore is a great addition.
If you study film, you'll find the pass pro is not that good, in particular the LT position. And overall there have been
OL injuries, Luckily....JF has very good improvisational skills which allows him to extend the pass play.

And we have a OC that has never called plays nor designed an offense prior to last season. So I go back to
the fact that JF can't do it alone. 👈

The past two games have been better.

The biggest reason is fields not hanging onto the ball

But the oline has been better. The "film" shows that. Fields has been able to take his time. The play calling has moved the pocket a bit.

Absent the last game was the rando unblocked lineman.

Not always, but the majority of the time...JF had to hold on to the ball, cuz wr's weren't getting separation.
And/ Or Getsy had designed routes where 2 wr's were running to the same area ( JT O'Sullivan mentioned this too).
In the last game, even though JF was completing passes...there were several 'sail routes' and 'square outs' where wr's ran to the same area. Hence, drawing 3-4 DB's to the same area via man & zone. ( on1- 2 wr's)

"Absent the last game was the rando unblocked lineman."

In that last game, I also noticed consistent pocket collapsing from the LT position. Even when Jones plays, there 's pocket collapsing the LT position. I'd rather see Wright on that blindside. Getsy overuses the shotgun IMO.

"The past two games have been better."

Agreed. JF is playing freer and extending plays like last season. Yes moving the pocket is always a good idea for a mobile Qb and a OL that struggles with traditional pass pro.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
articles like this are 'older than dirt?
Only a filthy lowlife has been would ask that question.

Now go home and eat your dirt you merchant of filth!!!!

But good luck in the dirty filth festival, you gross little smudge!

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
@bamainatlanta 65-percent of the board is back on the side of keeping Justin Fields. My argument stands, this board is full of meatballs who lurch from one direction to the next.

gmoney1994

Liked Posts:
It's very very early, I know.

But if Fields plays like he play in the last two games and Carolina finish last.

Bro Fields is on Pace to throw for about 4k yards and 35 passing TDs. If he accomplishes this there is no way you trade him. We have the 31st ranked defense with a defense minded coach. We trade the pick and rebuild our defense. If the Bears have a top 1-5 defense in the future we are Super Bowl bound with JF1

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bro Fields is on Pace to throw for about 4k yards and 35 passing TDs. If he accomplishes this there is no way you trade him. We have the 31st ranked defense with a defense minded coach. We trade the pick and rebuild our defense. If the Bears have a top 1-5 defense in the future we are Super Bowl bound with JF1
And before he had his these last two games he was on pace for about 1775 yards and 17 TDs. You move off of a QB that is on pace for those types of numbers.

gmoney1994

Liked Posts:
Can always double up on Moore and we've already seen early in the season when teams did that very successfully. Broncos just have the worst defense in football. They still limited Fields scrambling by assigning Spies. In fact every team has negated his scrambling except GB so far. So it's definitely doable. And Denver still forced several mistakes late in the game and that was the reason they were able to get the big comeback win.

Washington was different. Their Safety sucked and was constantly making poor decisions and Fields saw that and was able to exploit it and knew right away when he'd have Moore 1 on 1 with the Safety taking himself out of position. He didn't have the high completion % he did against Denver but saw more wide open receivers. There were many plays were Moore was getting open as quickly as he'd want to and they never adjusted.

Lets not pretend their aren't teams that can get pressure without blitzing. Can always have a spy on obvious passing downs. Just need to be sure you have one assigned who's fast enough or it's a waste. Can also contain. 11 of Fields' 19 sacks have come when not blitzed.
Lame

The best receivers still get open regardless

I guarantee every team tries to double Chase, D Adams Diggs to name a few. They still get 10-12 targets a game

Nelly

Liked Posts:
this board is full of meatballs who lurch from one direction to the next.
Not much argument there, but the way you say it makes it seem like it's a bad thing to evaluate recent data and adjust opinions based on that. So far we've got 3 bad games and 2 really good ones, the 2 really good ones being the most recent. If he keeps up the really good ones and keeps performing like a top 10 QB then you'd be the idiot for sticking with your opinion that he always and forever sucks.

The sensible ones will look at the season in totality and consider that. Mitch had some stellar games as well and look how that turned out.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@bamainatlanta 65-percent of the board is back on the side of keeping Justin Fields. My argument stands, this board is full of meatballs who lurch from one direction to the next.

100% of the board should want to see Fields back next year. That's the optimal result. Then the early picks can be used for other needs or super trades.

Nobody knows for sure if Fields and the passing game turned the corner (the running game was always good). You got 12 more games to watch and see. I do not understand why you want to say I've seen enough right now.

Another thing, if the Bears do decide to draft a new QB, the trade value for Fields will still be very high. The whole world believes that the Bears have never been able to develop a QB, and I am positive other teams would want to give him a shot. He is the best athlete on the field.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not much argument there, but the way you say it makes it seem like it's a bad thing to evaluate recent data and adjust opinions based on that. So far we've got 3 bad games and 2 really good ones, the 2 really good ones being the most recent. If he keeps up the really good ones and keeps performing like a top 10 QB then you'd be the idiot for sticking with your opinion that he always and forever sucks.

The sensible ones will look at the season in totality and consider that. Mitch had some stellar games as well and look how that turned out.
No we've got 28 bad ones and two good ones. He started the season with the same issues he's had his first two years. He's played one of the worst passing defenses in the last 25 years and then the Redskins on a short week.

We've seen mediocre QBs have a stretch of two or three games where they look like world beaters and then go back to being who they've always been.

The fact this last game against the Redskins was almost entirely reliant on DJ Moore doesn't bode well for him.

If he was spreading the ball around to everyone else I might be more open to the idea that he's turned the corner. But because so much of his success has come by way of DJ Moore I fully expect teams to take him away and then it will be Justin throwing to........

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How many threads do you need to make (or free ccs blogs do you need to write) to say you hate Justin Fields (but love Mitch Trubisky)?

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sanders will be better than Williams in NFL. Williams physical gifts are off the charts, but Sanders is in pocket a ton and fast decisions. And 90% of time they are right.

I said it and will eat crow if wrong. Williams is a poor mans Mahomes imo

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lame

The best receivers still get open regardless

I guarantee every team tries to double Chase, D Adams Diggs to name a few. They still get 10-12 targets a game
Maybe you missed it but he didn't get open vs Green Bay or KC, Bears aren't gonna be playing teams like Denver and Washington every week.