Justin Fields or Caleb Williams?

What would you do with first overall pick?

• Trade Fields and draft Caleb Williams

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Trade #1 overall pick (big value back) and take Fields

Votes: 58 67.4%
  • Draft Williams and take Fields, put them in competition

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe you missed it but he didn't get open vs Green Bay or KC, Bears aren't gonna be playing teams like Denver and Washington every week.
Pretty sure the issue was he got open but Fields wasn't throwing the ball to open WRs.

Last edited:

Nelly

Liked Posts:
No we've got 28 bad ones and two good ones. He started the season with the same issues he's had his first two years. He's played one of the worst passing defenses in the last 25 years and then the Redskins on a short week.
And he faced some quite good defenses the first three weeks with a depleted o-line and Chase Claypool stinking up the vibe.

We've seen mediocre QBs have a stretch of two or three games where they look like world beaters and then go back to being who they've always been.
And we've seen guys like Tua play really well last year and keep it up when plenty of people didn't quite expect it.

The fact this last game against the Redskins was almost entirely reliant on DJ Moore doesn't bode well for him.

If he was spreading the ball around to everyone else I might be more open to the idea that he's turned the corner. But because so much of his success has come by way of DJ Moore I fully expect teams to take him away and then it will be Justin throwing to........
The biggest issue to start the season was not getting the ball to Moore. That needed to be done first, now you're right, we'll see what happens if the defense doubles up Moore on every play and makes Justin have to throw elsewhere.

I'm not really disagreeing with anything you're saying here, just that again, need to take the season in totality. There's almost 3/4 of the season left to play to see if he flipped a switch, or these last couple games were largely an aberration, or somewhere in the middle.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No we've got 28 bad ones and two good ones. He started the season with the same issues he's had his first two years. He's played one of the worst passing defenses in the last 25 years and then the Redskins on a short week.

We've seen mediocre QBs have a stretch of two or three games where they look like world beaters and then go back to being who they've always been.

The fact this last game against the Redskins was almost entirely reliant on DJ Moore doesn't bode well for him.

If he was spreading the ball around to everyone else I might be more open to the idea that he's turned the corner. But because so much of his success has come by way of DJ Moore I fully expect teams to take him away and then it will be Justin throwing to........
A circus clown on average makes $51k a year and here you are doing it for free

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To pretend he had 28 bad games prior to the last 2 shows how biased and ultimately stupid your argument is. He had 4 games with a passer rating about 100, 8 games above 90 and 14 above 80.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
To pretend he had 28 bad games prior to the last 2 shows how biased and ultimately stupid your argument is. He had 4 games with a passer rating about 100, 8 games above 90 and 14 above 80.
I blame you for his nonsense

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
"Justin Fields is playing well over two games for one reason. If that reason gets hurt he's going back to being one of the worst QBs in the NFL."

JF played well last season without Moore, but the defense gave away points.
I see u continue to leave out the poor offensive coaching....Getsy

This.

The biggest change I saw over the last two games was getsy no longer trying to make Justin Fields play like Aaron Rodgers but instead playing to fields' strengths.

All of those shitty screens that let a Defender Run free right in Justin's face are gone. I think they simplified the blocking up front as well which is why the line suddenly started protecting better against a line in Washington that is pretty good at Rushing the passer.

Fields always had great talent for throwing the ball. I think the bigger story might be, so long as he doesn't revert back because of ego, is Luke getsy growing into being a real ass OC rather than a glorified play caller.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fans underrate Maye. Both of these guys look great.

I said when I was looking at tape between the two that may look like he was more ready to be a pro.

He still seems to have for or five "what the fuck did he throw that for" throws per game, which still makes him a risk, but in terms of anticipation and ball placement, He just flat looks better at it than Caleb Williams.

Caleb on the other hand looks like a circus who excels at playing backyard football while having his team stacked. Because his team is the most talented one on the field, he always has the super clean pockets and always seems to be throwing to wide open receivers. All this talk of him being able to make anticipatory throws - I haven't seen it yet. It feels like all the things people criticize Justin fields for apply to Caleb Williams. So I don't see the point in replacing one with the other especially if Justin is starting to figure it out.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Passer rating? You're really going to quote passer rating to me as if that's some magical stat?

In two years with the Bears Josh McCown had a passer rating of 101.0. By your logic we would have kept McCown over Cutler because he had a better passer rating for a few games.

Absolutely brilliant take.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Passer rating? You're really going to quote passer rating to me as if that's some magical stat?

In two years with the Bears Josh McCown had a passer rating of 101.0. By your logic we would have kept McCown over Cutler because he had a better passer rating for a few games.

Mccown didn’t start the majority of his time here, stop being annoying

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Only a filthy lowlife has been would ask that question.

Now go home and eat your dirt you merchant of filth!!!!

But good luck in the dirty filth festival, you gross little smudge!
You know, you hurt my feelings..........well, I mean, not by calling me a filthy lowlife, I admit to that....anyone who knows me can attest to it......but by suggesting that I eat dirt. Well, I tried it and it wasn't...let's say....palatable......however,....telling by your tendency to be diplomatic in your writings, I'd like to ask if you have a suggestion on a wine I could 'pair' with the dirt, that would make it an acceptable meal? Maybe a dry red? That might be the 'ticket' in enhancing the flavor. My opinion of festivals are 'up there' and will enjoy my next one. Thanks for your thoughtfulness. How did you know I am a smudge? I know, your perception skills?...that's has to be it. You're blessed my man. Oh, one thing you did miss on is.....I'm not little in size and I don't mean overweight. Well, maybe some around the waist.....you know how it is with these things. Just curious....the number 51 that you use, can't possibly reference Butkus, can it? From what I know of him, and btw have met him, he would never have talk to someone like this, OFF the football field, And, God forbid, that if it does reference him, I ask, who then, is the real life 'lowlife?' You sound like a person who knows where he stands in life, Lucky you. Btw.....I'd appreciate the wine suggestion, when you have the time.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

It is more brilliant than lying and saying Fields has 28 bad games prior to the last two. That is objectively false and you know it.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It is more brilliant than lying and saying Fields has 28 bad games prior to the last two. That is objectively false and you know it.

I honestly can't wait for the Bears to actually have a great QB. Because having an even slightly mediocre performance from a QB has made most everyone lose their minds.

So many fans on this board don't even know what good QB play over 17 games looks like because they've never actually seen it and it shows.

Bears fans are the most clueless fan base on the planet when it comes to knowing what great QB actually looks like and what it entails and the actual impact it has on a team and the scope of a franchise.

Two games like this and there are so many that think Justin Fields is the answer. When the real answer at QB arrives there will be no arguing left.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I honestly can't wait for the Bears to actually have a great QB. Because having an even slightly mediocre performance from a QB has made most everyone lose their minds.

So many fans on this board don't even know what good QB play over 17 games looks like because they've never actually seen it and it shows.

Bears fans are the most clueless fan base on the planet when it comes to knowing what great QB actually looks like and what it entails and the actual impact it has on a team and the scope of a franchise.

Two games like this and there are so many that think Justin Fields is the answer. When the real answer at QB arrives there will be no arguing left.
@Anytime23 do you mind posting his Twitter video?