Kevin Barkley vs Charles Durant thread formerly AtL

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They signed West because they needed a guy who is a legit PF.

True. When I think of NBA players who aren't legit..I think of guys like Kevin Durant who lead their team in rebounding last season.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They expect them to bring back David Lee and sign a lot of the same guys that were on the end of the bench.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
True. When I think of NBA players who aren't legit..I think of guys like Kevin Durant who lead their team in rebounding last season.

Kevin Durant played the overwhelming majority of his minutes when some combination of Kanter/Adams/Ibaka played PF/C and he was at SF.

http://www.82games.com/1516/15OKC11.HTM#bypos

So no he was not a legit PF last year. He spent most of his time as a SF and played PF when the Thunder went small. Just like when the Warriors went small, Barnes would be at the 4 but he is not a legit PF either. They are small forwards that play the 4 for small periods of time and have proven effective when they do so. Whether they can play the 4 for the majority of the game is another matter and the obvious concern would be having to guard and bang with bigger guys for 30+ minutes a game over 95-100 games rather than just 10 minutes a game.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kevin Durant played the overwhelming majority of his minutes when some combination of Kanter/Adams/Ibaka played PF/C and he was at SF.

http://www.82games.com/1516/15OKC11.HTM#bypos

So no he was not a legit PF last year. He spent most of his time as a SF and played PF when the Thunder went small. Just like when the Warriors went small, Barnes would be at the 4 but he is not a legit PF either. They are small forwards that play the 4 for small periods of time and have proven effective when they do so. Whether they can play the 4 for the majority of the game is another matter and the obvious concern would be having to guard and bang with bigger guys for 30+ minutes a game over 95-100 games rather than just 10 minutes a game.

What PF's bang anymore?

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So no he was not a legit PF last year.
I never said he was primarily a PF last year.

In today's NBA Durant can play a legit PF. That's the point that :whoosh: over your head.

You continue to suck at sports related discussions.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What PF's bang anymore?

There are still some power forwards that spend a decent chunk of their time in the post like whichever of Duncan/Aldridge, Ibaka/Kanter/Adams play the 4 and then guys like Griffin. Although certainly not as many as there used to be.

I never said he was primarily a PF last year.

In today's NBA Durant can play a legit PF. That's the point that :whoosh: over your head.

You continue to suck at sports related discussions.

This is being disingenuous. I have no fucking clue what you consider a legit PF and I was the one that used the term legit PF and I used the term to reference a traditional PF that spends his time in the post. If I were referring to a guy that plays out on the perimeter like a lot of PFs today, I would have used the term stretch 4 or another term.

And the fact is Durant didn't even play the stretch 4 a lot last year. He played SF. Whether he plays more PF this year or whether the Warriors prefer him at SF remains to be seen. All we know is they went out and got another PF so I am inclined to believe they intend to play him mostly at SF and use him at PF in the Death lineup which doesn't play 30+ minutes a game.

That was the genesis of the statement that they were thin at PF/C and you pretending like you know for certain they intend to play Durant mostly at the 4 this year is silly. Until we get more clarity on what his role is going to be, it is perfectly reasonable for me to think the Warriors are thin at PF/C and it is perfectly reasonable for you to think they are fine there because Durant will spend most of his time there.

AussieBear

No, it's simply proof that West was available and a good player and the Warriors are trying to get good players.

West was willing to take the vet minimum to go to GS because of what they had.

This is the second straight season West has played mercenary for reduced cost. Do you not follow the NBA?

Remy: "GS was thin at PF despite just signing Durant to play PF."

Maybe he's just referring to Durant's build?

yeah west only opted out of a remaining 1 year 11 mil dollar contract to go to SA for a 1 year 1 mil dollar deal last year.... warriors bumming around

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Makes sense. We cannot quantify the Durant signing as being "good" for the Warriors until we get more clarity on what Durant's role is going to be.

As far as PF free agent signings go, here is how I would rank them so far:

1) West
Tied for 2) Durant and Barnes

huh.gif

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Makes sense. We cannot quantify the Durant signing as being "good" for the Warriors until we get more clarity on what Durant's role is going to be.

As far as PF free agent signings go, here is how I would rank them so far:

1) West
Tied for 2) Durant and Barnes

kgface.gif

That statement deserved 2 gifs.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There are still some power forwards that spend a decent chunk of their time in the post like whichever of Duncan/Aldridge, Ibaka/Kanter/Adams play the 4 and then guys like Griffin.

I'm convinced you don't even watch NBA basketball.

I'm not sure what's worse about your above statement:

1. That you think Aldridge plays "in the post" in any sense of the traditional word

2. That you think Ibaka plays in the post and are ignoring his explosion as a guy who shoots three's.

3. That you think Kanter/Adams are 4's at all.

4. I don't even have any idea what you are attempting to say about Griffin.

This is being disingenuous.

No, it's being honest.
I have no fucking clue what you consider a legit PF
No, you have no idea what the NBA is like, or the NFL, God help you if you start talking baseball.
legit PF and I used the term to reference a traditional PF that spends his time in the post
So the only "legit" PF's are guys like Kevin McHale.

Good to know.

And the fact is Durant didn't even play the stretch 4 a lot last year.
Call me and the rest of the basketball world crazy but I think Durant can play the stretch 4 just fine. He seems to be a pretty good shooter.

I don't know.

All we know is they went out and got another PF
Yeah they got another PF who only started 20 games last year...I bet he takes time away from Durant.

Last edited:

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If there is one position that Durant doesn't have the skills to play, its obviously stretch 4.
I can't wait to see him bang with Enes Kanter.

Best sex tape ever.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It will be interesting to see who averages more points for the Warriors - Durant or Curry.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The following is a portion of an article that I read on ESPN CHICAGO in which Charles Barkley weighed in on what is going on in the NBA right now. It is the same opinion that I have expressed about what is wrong with the entire free agent process.

Barkley doesn't like this whole process.

"We're gonna have guys on bad teams making $25 million a year. And we're going to have three or four competitive teams," Barkley said. "That's the negative of LeBron going to Miami, KD going to Golden State.

"First of all, the fans love their teams, they love sports. But they're not going to go see Sacramento, Indiana, Miami, these bad teams where guys are making 10, 20, 30 million dollars a year and they don't have a chance to compete. I mean, that's where we're going. We're going to kill the golden goose. Everybody's going to be making a lot of money, but other than five teams we're going to be putting a shabby product out there. That's what's going to kill the NBA in the next few years in my opinion."

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
As entertaining as Barkley can be, he can be equally as stupid. What the fuck does he care about players making money? Good. They should be making money, he should be happy for them. And it's not going to kill the NBA because the NBA has always been about a handful of teams being good. Honestly, how many sports leagues have more than 4 legit title contenders anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Treading into remydat waters here by substituting the blatantly obvious for 'sports insight'...NBA starter signs a 1-year league minimum contract...the analysis is "he is actually a really good value for what he signed for assuming he doesn't get injured"....oh man.

WTF else is there to say about David West?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
As entertaining as Barkley can be, he can be equally as stupid. What the fuck does he care about players making money? Good. They should be making money, he should be happy for them. And it's not going to kill the NBA because the NBA has always been about a handful of teams being good. Honestly, how many sports leagues have more than 4 legit title contenders anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All of them except the NBA?

Not many repeat super bowls or world series. The NBA has a ton.