Kevin Durant sweepstakes

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I want you all to try something for me. Pretend you're Kevin Durant's agent. He asks you why the Bulls wouldn't be a good fit for him. What do you think, and what would you say? Remember, you are an advocate for your client, Durant. Acting the way a fan would is counterproductive to being a successful agent. So?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want you all to try something for me. Pretend you're Kevin Durant's agent. He asks you why to Bulls wouldn't be a good fit for him. What do you think, and what would you say? Remember, you are an advocate for your client, Durant. Acting the way a fan would is counterproductive to being a successful agent. So?

Da fuq? Everyone knows he isnt coming to the Bulls because they dont have win now talent besides Butler. Who has said any different? Are you purposely moving goal post or did that Busch light kick in?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I want you all to try something for me. Pretend you're Kevin Durant's agent. He asks you why to Bulls wouldn't be a good fit for him. What do you think, and what would you say? Remember, you are an advocate for your client, Durant. Acting the way a fan would is counterproductive to being a successful agent. So?

Is this real life?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Da fuq? Everyone knows he isnt coming to the Bulls because they dont have win now talent besides Butler. Who has said any different? Are you purposely moving goal post or did that Busch light kick in?

I've even all caps explained this to him.

I think he might be tribar-level handicapped.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As I've said earlier, there is literally 0% chance Durant comes to the Bulls. This is not the point at hand.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I think it's a classic case of saying something silly, getting called on it, and instead of re-thinking it and admitting that maybe what you said was stupid, trying to defend it anyways.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pinnochio - I think ChiSoxCity is 100% correct in his assessment that Durant hurts a rebuild.

th

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
People like to shit on OKC a lot, myself included, but like someone mentioned before, they never lose to anyone worse than them in the playoffs. They beat SA this season and were inches from beating a 73-9 Warriors team, we can give them some credit.

And all this talk about the Bulls being contenders? When? In 2011 when we made it to the ECF and got smacked? Wasn't much of a contest, we never contended like OKC did.

Anyway imagine if KD wanted to come to Chicago and GarPax said no...there would be riots in the streets.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
People like to shit on OKC a lot, myself included, but like someone mentioned before, they never lose to anyone worse than them in the playoffs. They beat SA this season and were inches from beating a 73-9 Warriors team, we can give them some credit.

And all this talk about the Bulls being contenders? When? In 2011 when we made it to the ECF and got smacked? Wasn't much of a contest, we never contended like OKC did.

Anyway imagine if KD wanted to come to Chicago and GarPax said no...there would be riots in the streets.

The last times OKC has been full strength in the playoffs

'16: Lost to Golden State(73-9)
'14: Lost to San Antonio(NBA Champs)..Ibaka missed games 1 and 2 of this series
'12: Lost to Miami (NBA Champs)
'11: Lost to Dallas (NBA Champs)
'10: Lost to Los Angles (NBA Champs)

Depending on what happens with this NBA Finals; when the Thunder are at full strength whatever team they have lost to in the playoffs has gone on to win the title.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
you could have just said you didn't want KD because hes cursed by Lil B

[video=youtube;HBQ2mjkvYY8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBQ2mjkvYY8[/video]

Kevin-Durant-Based-God-Curse-Sports-Illustrated.jpg

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Actually, Bulls fans are some of the dumbest fans in the NBA. No matter how bad the Bulls get smoked by LeBron in the playoffs, inevitably some meatball here will point out that they're still "contenders" in the east cuz, you know Charles Barkely said so. Incredibly, we still have Bulls fans kissing Derrick "gives zero fucks" Rose's asshole because he's a hometown kid with bad luck (injured all the damn time). Wake the fuck up, meatheads. This roster is pathetic, and has been pathetic for a long time now. Any other team would have gotten rid of all the core players by now. We should be two years into a rebuild. Instead we're drafting 14th overall for a max salary team that missed the playoffs. The situation the Bulls are in couldn't be much worse than it is now. Philadelphia and LA have a brighter future than the Bulls do.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Who the hell called the Bulls contenders? Just stop.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Actually, Bulls fans are some of the dumbest fans in the NBA. No matter how bad the Bulls get smoked by LeBron in the playoffs, inevitably some meatball here will point out that they're still "contenders" in the east cuz, you know Charles Barkely said so. Incredibly, we still have Bulls fans kissing Derrick "gives zero fucks" Rose's asshole because he's a hometown kid with bad luck (injured all the damn time). Wake the fuck up, meatheads. This roster is pathetic, and has been pathetic for a long time now. Any other team would have gotten rid of all the core players by now. We should be two years into a rebuild. Instead we're drafting 14th overall for a max salary team that missed the playoffs. The situation the Bulls are in couldn't be much worse than it is now. Philadelphia and LA have a brighter future than the Bulls do.

I don't know what board you're reading. There is one poster here who still thinks Rose is the best thing since sliced bread. Otherwise you have to go to reddit.com/r/chicagobulls for the Rose homerism. Hardly anyone here thinks the Bulls are still contenders. And if you were here during the season you would have seen just about everyone saying "blow it up, trade everyone." We criticize management for not making more than the dumping Hinrich move at deadline and we'll criticize them again when they do absolutely nothing this offseason.

And a note on Philly... They just went 10-72, good for the 2nd worst record in NBA history. Yeah they got the #1 pick and have a shot at a potential superstar, but so far their massive TANK plan hasn't really done anything for them.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ummm, I would say Durant would probably be a better leader without Westbrook. Durant knows Westbrook is a top player and he has to let him do his thing which can lead him to being passive. But, make no mistake. Durant is absolute nightmare for any team to play and could lead any team to a deep run in the playoffs. Durant is unreal and will go down as one of the best players ever barring injury. Not to want him is laughable.

Talent-wise, those guys are the best one-two talent in the league with the possible exception of Curry and Thompson. To me, it is a toss. Think of something for a minute. Add the BEARD to the two of them and then play Golden State?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I want you all to try something for me. Pretend you're Kevin Durant's agent. He asks you why the Bulls wouldn't be a good fit for him. What do you think, and what would you say? Remember, you are an advocate for your client, Durant. Acting the way a fan would is counterproductive to being a successful agent. So?

Kevin, Chicago is very interested in you to join Rose and Butler in Chicago. With the three of you, it would be a very, very potent offensive team with some good support in Gibson, Mirotic, and McDermott. They are young as a team and in a big market so endorsements would be very good.

HOWEVER, Kevin, this team is owned by a union busting selfish cocksucker named Jerry Reinsdorf who has a history of shady dealings with his players. ANd the management of the Bulls has a history of shitting on their coaches and has a bad track record in treating its players well and when they find a good coach hey do not support him.

So, Kevin, as your agent, I say, look somewhere else or stay where you are. You are a class act, and the Chicago Bulls are not.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

What the shit are you talking about? Dumbest fans? Based on what? Bulls fans know how and why the Bulls won those championships in the 90's. And they know what happened after Michael and company left. For awhile they floundered then they got decent when they built a decent scouting system and hired Thibs. I say that team that thibs coached was only screwed by Rose's injury and the subsequent idiocy of Reinny and company to make up for it. It came down to MONEY and Reinny refused to spend it.

If Rose doesn't go down in his prime, the Bulls win at least two championships. If Reinny wasn't the cheap prick that he is, they win at least one more. The reason why the Bulls fail is Reinny.