Kevin Durant sweepstakes

CubsWin

Liked Posts:
I want to make sure I have this rebuilding business correct. Duke's Brandon Ingram is commonly compared to Kevin Durant. And having a high lottery pick is good if you're rebuilding. But the logic I'm hearing from one poster is that acquiring Kevin Durant hurts the rebuild. Therefore it would be wise for the teams holding the high lottery picks to avoid selecting Brandon Ingram, the player who is similar to Kevin Durant. Do I have that right?

Edit: In all seriousness, having high lottery picks guarantees nothing. Whoever picks Ingram hopes he's close to being as good as Durant. If the real Durant is available, the proven top elite talent, you try to get him.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I think it's a classic case of saying something silly, getting called on it, and instead of re-thinking it and admitting that maybe what you said was stupid, trying to defend it anyways.

His logic would be sound if we where talking about Batum, or even DeRozan, but theres not ever a time you pass on a guy like KD. It doesn't guarantee a championship, but rebuilding doesn't even guarantee that we'll ever get as close as we would with KD, Jimmy, and a crop of quality role players. So that logic makes zero sense.

I think maybe the problem lies with his personal opinion that KD is not a true superstar?, which is a terribly wrong opinion that lends itself to other terrible opinions.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I want to make sure I have this rebuilding business correct. Duke's Brandon Ingram is commonly compared to Kevin Durant. And having a high lottery pick is good if you're rebuilding. But the logic I'm hearing from one poster is that acquiring Kevin Durant hurts the rebuild. Therefore it would be wise for the teams holding the high lottery picks to avoid selecting Brandon Ingram, the player who is similar to Kevin Durant. Do I have that right?

Edit: In all seriousness, having high lottery picks guarantees nothing. Whoever picks Ingram hopes he's close to being as good as Durant. If the real Durant is available, the proven top elite talent, you try to get him.

Could be the next tyrus thomas. Never know.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Let this thread die. It's in the best interest of all parties involved.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

You have it wrong, but one could hardly blame you seeing the material you have to work with. What he is saying is that it is better to have the guy who might be Kevin Durant than actually having Kevin Durant.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Let this thread die. It's in the best interest of all parties involved.
Nah it must go on forever.

Sent from the mod retirement home in Bakersfield, California.

CubsWin

Liked Posts:
You have it wrong, but one could hardly blame you seeing the material you have to work with. What he is saying is that it is better to have the guy who might be Kevin Durant than actually having Kevin Durant.

It's sarcasm. Of course it's better to have the guy who's one of the elite NBA players (Durant). Nobody knows how good Ingram or Simmons or Hield....or Poeltl or any of those guys are going to be.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Are we talking to the same guy that said Kevin Durant wouldnt make the Bulls better?

Kevin Durant would not win a championship with this current Bulls Roster, no.

And the Bulls need lottery picks to rebuild with younger, more talented players.

So the two are bad for each other at this time. 2 or 3 years into the rebuild, yes. But not right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Zero leadership skills and not a good fit were his exact words. Jimmy Butler the face of the franchise doe.

All Kevin Durant does is slow down rebuilds. #knowledge #2%

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So the two are bad for each other at this time. 2 or 3 years into the rebuild, yes. But not right now.
Holy shit.

Hey, Mr. Visionary, why not sign Durant to a 6 year deal so he's blocked from going to other teams, and then in 2 or 3 years into the rebuild we are ready to go.

I mean, competitive advantage and what not.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Holy shit.

Hey, Mr. Visionary, why not sign Durant to a 6 year deal so he's blocked from going to other teams, and then in 2 or 3 years into the rebuild we are ready to go.

I mean, competitive advantage and what not.
Now that is some visionary thinking

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Stop with the Durant crap. OKC has the best roster on the planet. Why would he come to an already mediocre Bulls teams with over half the starters gone? Or, why would committ to a team full of malcontents that's due for a rebuild? Or, why would the Bulls sign him if they're trading they're best players for picks and young players? No matter from what angle or perspective you look at it, it doesn't work. Not happening. You can dream if that floats your boat. I'm a pragmatist... I focus on what's actually doable.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Stop with the Durant crap. OKC has the best roster on the planet. Why would he come to an already mediocre Bulls teams with over half the starters gone? Or, why would committ to a team full of malcontents that's due for a rebuild? Or, why would the Bulls sign him if they're trading they're best players for picks and young players? No matter from what angle or perspective you look at it, it doesn't work. Not happening. You can dream if that floats your boat. I'm a pragmatist... I focus on what's actually doable.

You STILL don't get it...

I can't imagine why anyone would ever call you dense

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

What is your best estimate of co-workers that walk away from a conversation with you shaking their heads?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

:lmao:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

:obama:

Sent from the mod retirement home in Bakersfield, California.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
You STILL don't get it...

I can't imagine why anyone would ever call you dense

And you still don't get that the Bulls aren't winning with Durant. You also don't get that they have to get rid of players regardless of whether he comes here or not. The only thing that really matters are wins and losses. Durant doesn't move the needle enough in the win column to justify signing him.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
You guys are as out of touch with reality as the Bulls front office. No wonder the rest of the country thinks we're idiots.