1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears fans: Fuck em, would rather have *insert name here*

Me: :facepalm:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I just get the feeling he doesn't really like playing in Chicago. All of his answers regarding staying have been pretty blah. Hope we are able to get something worked out with him though, no need to create another hole.

AussieBear

fuck em, would rather have some rookie free agent @ 435,000 than dat contract yr fuller @ a truck load of millions..

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
It all comes down to how reasonable will he be in contract negotiations? I'd like to have him back, I think he's a decent player but not good enough to hurt our cap very much. If someone is desperate enough to seriously overpay then let him go.

Who knows, if we get a new DC he may not even want Fuller or maybe he doesn't fit the particular scheme/system.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It all comes down to how reasonable will he be in contract negotiations? I'd like to have him back, I think he's a decent player but not good enough to hurt our cap very much. If someone is desperate enough to seriously overpay then let him go.

Who knows, if we get a new DC he may not even want Fuller or maybe he doesn't fit the particular scheme/system.

Exactly, it might help to hire a new coach and DC before making a decision.

Washington

Liked Posts:
With the proper amount of $$$$$, of course he'd be open to returning.

I don't see them getting a long term deal done and I see the team needing to tag him.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I see Fuller going elsewhere for his prime years much like AJ. Well spend more to replace him and get less return. Like AJ he will take less elsewhere because of the disrespect he gets in Chitown. We need more speed holes to go faster.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I see Fuller going elsewhere for his prime years much like AJ. Well spend more to replace him and get less return. Like AJ he will take less elsewhere because of the disrespect he gets in Chitown. We need more speed holes to go faster.

LOL. Quit cryin.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Washington so he can play with his little brother in the secondary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I just get the feeling he doesn't really like playing in Chicago. All of his answers regarding staying have been pretty blah. Hope we are able to get something worked out with him though, no need to create another hole.

In his defense, at this moment he does not know who will be head coach or defensive coordinator. Hard to be too definitive.

billwade

Liked Posts:

Exactly. I'm amazed by the responses here by those who are afraid of overpaying Fuller. First, the Bears passing yardage allowed went from 3969 in '16 to 2811 in '17. In the secondary, Fuller was clearly the most responsible for the decline. Meanwhile, rushing yardage allowed actually went up a bit from 1735 to 1788.

The reality is Chicago is an undesirable place to play. It's pretty much like Cleveland. Kenny STills and Ted Ginn Jr turned down larger FA offers to play elsewhere. Alshon jeffery left and took less money. The Bears are probably going to have to overpay for any player to persuade them to come to this dysfunctional nightmare.

The other thing that astounds me is the willingness, as you point out, to spend more to get less, or spend less and get a lot less. If the Bears lose Fuller and Amakamura, suddenly CB moves to the top of the list of needs again, just like '16. It's like spinning plates. Every time the Bears get one area solved, another takes its place.

If the Bears don't stop this trend Jeffery started and persuade the talent they've developed to stay, they'll continue to be thought of as a place to get away from ASAP.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Someone should've asked him why he waited until this year to try.

Its dumbasses with this mentality why he's probably going to say deuces. He was already a top corner in the 2nd half of his 2nd season then he spent a whole season injured and not feeling well enough to to play. The coaches were already stupid enough to give up on him and he was about to be sat down all season long as cornerback depth until an injury to Amukamara forced him to start the pre-season and the dipshit coaches realized oh shit maybe he has some talent after all...as if he hadn't already flashed it. So take your contract year bullshit and shove it up your ass along with all the rest of you morons parroting this bullshit. He only even got to start by pure dumb luck and he literally would have been a steal for another team. Then morons would have flocked when he played like this season for another franchise. Frequently there are times where I just give up and feel like this team and city deserves the bag of dicks its been served up because they can't see talent even when it slaps them right in the face. Then they are all too happy to fucking let them walk.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Its dumbasses with this mentality why he's probably going to say deuces. He was already a top corner in the 2nd half of his 2nd season then he spent a whole season injured and not feeling well enough to to play. The coaches were already stupid enough to give up on him and he was about to be sat down all season long as cornerback depth until an injury to Amukamara forced him to start the pre-season and the dipshit coaches realized oh shit maybe he has some talent after all...as if he hadn't already flashed it. So take your contract year bullshit and shove it up your ass along with all the rest of you morons parroting this bullshit. He only even got to start by pure dumb luck and he literally would have been a steal for another team. Then morons would have flocked when he played like this season for another franchise. Frequently there are times where I just give up and feel like this team and city deserves the bag of dicks its been served up because they can't see talent even when it slaps them right in the face. Then they are all too happy to fucking let them walk.

Sorry, guys, but Fuller is leaving the Bears because of me. He's very sensitive.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh trust me, you might as well represent the majority of the Bears fanbase I see routinely. This shit is repeated ad nauseum.