Kyle Fuller would be open to re-joining the Bears

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Its dumbasses with this mentality why he's probably going to say deuces. He was already a top corner in the 2nd half of his 2nd season then he spent a whole season injured and not feeling well enough to to play. The coaches were already stupid enough to give up on him and he was about to be sat down all season long as cornerback depth until an injury to Amukamara forced him to start the pre-season and the dipshit coaches realized oh shit maybe he has some talent after all...as if he hadn't already flashed it. So take your contract year bullshit and shove it up your ass along with all the rest of you morons parroting this bullshit. He only even got to start by pure dumb luck and he literally would have been a steal for another team. Then morons would have flocked when he played like this season for another franchise. Frequently there are times where I just give up and feel like this team and city deserves the bag of dicks its been served up because they can't see talent even when it slaps them right in the face. Then they are all too happy to fucking let them walk.

AodaK_s-200x150.gif

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Start Fuller and Cooper (I know not a lot of people like Cooper but he was selected to the pro bowl last season and wasn't even a starter to begin the season) and draft one in round 2 although Callahn and LeBlanc are solid at nickel.

Although improving the pass rush would help them.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Start Fuller and Cooper (I know not a lot of people like Cooper but he was selected to the pro bowl last season and wasn't even a starter to begin the season) and draft one in round 2 although Callahn and LeBlanc are solid at nickel.

I thought I was unpopular with my reasoning about Amukamara not being as good as people thought and you're suggesting starting a corner that got torched.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We have the money to re-sign him. Even if we have to pay a bit too much, frontload the deal and we can look for his replacement in a few years. Right now, with the money we have to spend, unless we can find someone just as good for less money, I don't think he's worth losing.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
In his defense, at this moment he does not know who will be head coach or defensive coordinator. Hard to be too definitive.

He'll know before free agency opens though.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We have the money to re-sign him. Even if we have to pay a bit too much, frontload the deal and we can look for his replacement in a few years. Right now, with the money we have to spend, unless we can find someone just as good for less money, I don't think he's worth losing.

Do you think Fuller only fits certain styles of defenses? If so then it will be a good idea for our new HC and DC to decide if he fits the type of defense they're gonna run. Maybe they see M.Butler or T.Johnson as a better fit and like one of Cooper or Amukamara or another free agent CB for the other side.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you think Fuller only fits certain styles of defenses? If so then it will be a good idea for our new HC and DC to decide if he fits the type of defense they're gonna run. Maybe they see M.Butler or T.Johnson as a better fit and like one of Cooper or Amukamara or another free agent CB for the other side.

I think they have to go with a 3-4 at this point don't they? Switching to a 4-3 (which Fuller has played in) means some changes in personnel and Chicago has a lot of needs without making such a switch. So, I would bet, the Bears get a coach with a similar philosophy. There are too many holes to lose Fuller and, for the team "culture" re-siging draft picks is a good thing.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Exactly. I'm amazed by the responses here by those who are afraid of overpaying Fuller. First, the Bears passing yardage allowed went from 3969 in '16 to 2811 in '17. In the secondary, Fuller was clearly the most responsible for the decline. Meanwhile, rushing yardage allowed actually went up a bit from 1735 to 1788.

The reality is Chicago is an undesirable place to play. It's pretty much like Cleveland. Kenny STills and Ted Ginn Jr turned down larger FA offers to play elsewhere. Alshon jeffery left and took less money. The Bears are probably going to have to overpay for any player to persuade them to come to this dysfunctional nightmare.

The other thing that astounds me is the willingness, as you point out, to spend more to get less, or spend less and get a lot less. If the Bears lose Fuller and Amakamura, suddenly CB moves to the top of the list of needs again, just like '16. It's like spinning plates. Every time the Bears get one area solved, another takes its place.

If the Bears don't stop this trend Jeffery started and persuade the talent they've developed to stay, they'll continue to be thought of as a place to get away from ASAP.

Chicago is undesirable for offensive players because of poor qb play, with trubisky on board and seeing what we've seen that perception should change. AJ left because of qb play, ginn jr chose qb play over the browns and not sure why you mention stills, he was sought after by philly not the browns.

free agents will get overpaid, fuller will get overpaid whether its the bears or another team. The real question is fuller's breakout in a contract year, personally i'd rather tag him and have him show he can replicate this type of season under what will most likely be a a new DC and or staff.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:

Cooper was terrible this year. Probably the main reason we lost to the Lions at home. Also heard whispers about his "work ethic". I think he is cut this offseason.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Cooper was terrible this year. Probably the main reason we lost to the Lions at home. Also heard whispers about his "work ethic". I think he is cut this offseason.
I remember a lot of us, myself included, thinking Cooper had the potential to be the best FA signing of the OS. What a bummer.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is this the new meme? First it was you can't throw slants against man or zone coverage and everyone reminding you of Von Miller. Now cornerbacks only are good in a 3-4 or a 4-3?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Be careful what you wish for. Fuller is basically a one year wonder that performed during his contract year......

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Be careful what you wish for. Fuller is basically a one year wonder that performed during his contract year......

Well, we know he’s capable of performing at a high level. Just have to keep him motivated.