La Canfora on why the Bears pulled the trigger on Mack.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
La Canfora is just making shit up again. Doesn't affect Mitch one way or the other. It's just noise and if he Mitch doesn't develop, he'll get to say he was the only one...

No one makes moves like that because you don't think you have a QB. You would be saving those 1st round picks to get your next QB. This was absolutely not the Bear's thinking on the matter. Fangio didn't even know it was going down until done. We got Mack because we were the most suckiest(sic) team in the NFC trying to.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I must say I wondered the same thing myself. Like me, Canfora is only operating on assumptions though.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
La Canfora is just making shit up again. Doesn't affect Mitch one way or the other.

No one makes moves like that because you don't think you have a QB. You would be saving those 1st round picks to get your next QB.

You think the current GM would be given another chance to draft a QB high. I assumed he was tied to the hip with Mitch and is doing everything in his power to help Mitch not suck.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
It's the same with any media analyst/reporter who says anything critical about the Bears, especially Trubisky. Every time, they immediately attack their credibility.

But the moment something positive is written, it's all "See? Suck it haters".

I agree for the most part, but La Canfora in particular, has one of the worst track records in terms of calling what will happen in the league. He's got to have one of the worst hit rates for breaking stories and he obviously has a strong dislike for the Bears in general, so I can understand (and I think it's 100% legitimate) why people would attack La Canfora's credibility.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Amazing to me that this came out after a bad/mediocre Trubisky performance and not after the Mack deal.

They made the Mack deal because they would be idiotic not to.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's the same with any media analyst/reporter who says anything critical about the Bears, especially Trubisky. Every time, they immediately attack their credibility.

Fine take, wrong battle. JLC is wholly undeserving of being defended. He (and maybe Fox era Glazer) is about the only one that could post how much he loves the Bears and still get destroyed on here. And deservedly so.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fine take, wrong battle. JLC is wholly undeserving of being defended. He (and maybe Fox era Glazer) is about the only one that could post how much he loves the Bears and still get destroyed on here. And deservedly so.
I'm not defending JLC, I'm saying when the same reaction happens every time, it takes the edge off the occasions when the attacks are justified. It's a crying wolf situation.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I agree in most cases but this guy definitely has a axe to grind with the Bears.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, it is hard to trust anything La Canfora says. He has been caught lying. There are websites dedicated to his ineptitude. He has shown to be consistently wrong.....

I won't go out of my way to tear him down but I just ignore what he says. He provides zero value in the sports reporting world.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You think the current GM would be given another chance to draft a QB high. I assumed he was tied to the hip with Mitch and is doing everything in his power to help Mitch not suck.

I think Pace is safe as long as Nagy doesn't suck. Much more important than players and Pace is just lucky to have won the Mack lottery.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Trubisky doesn't get a 2nd contract all of these guys are getting fired, so what does it matter?

I don't really agree with that if the QB issue is somehow acceptable by then and the team is winning.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I agree in most cases but this guy definitely has a axe to grind with the Bears.

I think it speaks to a larger issue, which isn't too surprising, that makes this place unbearable 85% of the time. If Hub comes out with something positive about the Bears he's then applauded because "he's been around the league so long, and blah blah blah." But if Hub comes out with something negative, those same posters jump all over Hub and we hear shit about him not thinking Kyle Long was worth a first round pick.

Legit criticism is being a hater, or even worse, you're branded with the Scarlet T on your chest.

It's funny that so many people hate discussing politics, because we all live in our own echo chambers. It's the same way here.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The 2nd to last regime drafted Grossman, and used 2 ones on Cutler. They were still here many years later and were not canned due to the QB selections. It took a special kind of fucking up for them to off Emery and crew like that. They seem to like Pace in the same way they like Lovie.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I can't stand Hub or La Canfora. Whatever they say, the opposite is usually true, whether it's praise or criticism

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it speaks to a larger issue, which isn't too surprising, that makes this place unbearable 85% of the time. If Hub comes out with something positive about the Bears he's then applauded because "he's been around the league so long, and blah blah blah." But if Hub comes out with something negative, those same posters jump all over Hub and we hear shit about him not thinking Kyle Long was worth a first round pick.

Legit criticism is being a hater, or even worse, you're branded with the Scarlet T on your chest.

It's funny that so many people hate discussing politics, because we all live in our own echo chambers. It's the same way here.

Can't argue with that but I personally don't hate or love Hub. I take his statements with a grain of salt either way as sometimes he'll state the obvious. I automatically discount anything LaCanfora says. Even if the Bear had this mindset, there is no way anyone outside of Pace would know it. No way he mentions it to his staff or that McCaskey's and says, I fucked up on Trubs so need to break the bank on a D star. No avenue for a source or leak on something like this. Pure speculation and one I don't agree with at this time.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Can't argue with that but I personally don't hate or love Hub. I take his statements with a grain of salt either way as sometimes he'll state the obvious. I automatically discount anything LaCanfora says. Even if the Bear had this mindset, there is no way anyone outside of Pace would know it. No way he mentions it to his staff or that McCaskey's and says, I fucked up on Trubs so need to break the bank on a D star. No avenue for a source or leak on something like this. Pure speculation and one I don't agree with at this time.

I just used Hub as the example. Replace him with Peter King, Pete Prisco, etc., and it's the same thing.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Whatever Mitch is or is not, there is a sense of urgency on Pace to win now. I think the owners were very clear with that message. I think more than anything that was the reason to trade for Mack. It was apparent in an aggressive free agency and also when they traded up to get Miller in the draft and tried to trade back into the first for Ridley. The Bears spent big on both sides of the ball which screams "get better any way you can" vs. no confidence in your QB.

The part I really don't buy, and what leads me to think the article may be "fake news", is that they didn't want to play Mitch to expose him? Like a few preseason series is going to hide him from a full season?? Throwing the ball 65% of the time against the Packers isn't trying to hide your QB...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The 2nd to last regime drafted Grossman, and used 2 ones on Cutler. They were still here many years later and were not canned due to the QB selections. It took a special kind of fucking up for them to off Emery and crew like that. They seem to like Pace in the same way they like Lovie.

Getting to a Superbowl buys you some time and some benefit of the doubt. Angelo's team had success before it went south. Pace hasn't had that as a reason to keep going with him if it doesn't take off.