La Canfora on why the Bears pulled the trigger on Mack.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Jason La Canfora, Jumbo Jason is what I like to call him. So Jumbo Jason, a very low IQ individual, comes in and tries to say that the Bears don't believe in Mitch Trubisky. Fake news people, don't believe it. Fake news.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just used Hub as the example. Replace him with Peter King, Pete Prisco, etc., and it's the same thing.

Got it but I take them all with a grain so I guess I should have said the same. Using opinion pieces to reinforce an idea is silly unless it's backed up by some facts or data.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Got it but I take them all with a grain so I guess I should have said the same. Using opinion pieces to reinforce an idea is silly unless it's backed up by some facts or data.

JLC rarely uses facts or data. This very own board has posted many times when he was wrong

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just used Hub as the example. Replace him with Peter King, Pete Prisco, etc., and it's the same thing.

At the very least guys like Peter King put in a lot of work on researching and vetting the pieces they put out. There is a big difference between that and living off of your connections from yesteryear while spitting out hot takes like Hub.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
At the very least guys like Peter King put in a lot of work on researching and vetting the pieces they put out. There is a big difference between that and living off of your connections from yesteryear while spitting out hot takes like Hub.

Yep. Here's my whole point.

How could you possibly ever know the amount of work either put in? You've already decided that you hate Hub, therefore; everything he puts out is wrong.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yep. Here's my whole point.

How could you possibly ever know the amount of work either put in? You've already decided that you hate Hub, therefore; everything he puts out is wrong.

No, I already alluded to why I dislike Hub and it also applies to every other media puppet out there. I vehemently hate hot take analysis. Unfortunately that is what sells in all aspects of media so its practically all we get anymore.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
No, I already alluded to why I dislike Hub and it also applies to every other media puppet out there. I vehemently hate hot take analysis. Unfortunately that is what sells in all aspects of media so its practically all we get anymore.

And again, you have zero way of knowing how much research and vetting Hub puts into his "hot takes."

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hub is one of the best for front office stuff. He knows the executive side of the league very well.

When it comes to on the field analysis, I don't put much stock in his opinions.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
tPvbV4OfLbgcERXPv722tqo9FVQYUwAewJeWW2EoGDMpvg-8TcnGvvHJGWLrrByAa0jxB6753tZHwBDVTpFo7oTyM_6Zcbf9Lnf3RTQeDmdWcltNlf3s1DvGSg6kPSUD3kQFdA89

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Hub is one of the best for front office stuff. He knows the executive side of the league very well.

Well he's right about being patient with Mitch, because that's what I think. Him writing that only serves to reinforce my already preconceived notion. Hub gets an A+ for that one.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The 2nd to last regime drafted Grossman, and used 2 ones on Cutler. They were still here many years later and were not canned due to the QB selections. It took a special kind of fucking up for them to off Emery and crew like that. They seem to like Pace in the same way they like Lovie.

I wouldn't fire Pace for drafting the wrong QB. I would fire him for drafting 1 QB in 4 years and counting. I think it's crazy to put all their eggs in the Trubisky basket.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't fire Pace for drafting the wrong QB. I would fire him for drafting 1 QB in 4 years and counting. I think it's crazy to put all their eggs in the Trubisky basket.

If Trubisky doesn't get much better, Pace's resume of QB evaluation for the Bears will be an absolute shit show in Glennon (Pace said he'd long admired Glennon and always wanted to sign him) and a draft bust. I don't know why the organization would trust him to pick another one. His future with the Bears depends on Trubisky panning out.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If Trubisky doesn't get much better, Pace's resume of QB evaluation for the Bears will be an absolute shit show in Glennon (Pace said he'd long admired Glennon and always wanted to sign him) and a draft bust. I don't know why the organization would trust him to pick another one. His future with the Bears depends on Trubisky panning out.

Correct. If Trubisky doesn't develop, he'll be done.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yup, Cowher was great best Bears head coach ever.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

After watching last season, why would Keim give him a two year 8 million dollar deal?

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Trubisky turned 24 a few weeks back, got outplayed by 35yr old HOF, it happens..

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
After watching last season, why would Keim give him a two year 8 million dollar deal?

Blows my mind. Teams are desperate for QBs. I guess developing a rookie behind Bradford's fragile skeleton is a gamble in itself.